PDA

View Full Version : I wouldn't mind losing 1 - 5 away ...

nonsuchmike
22-02-2014, 05:57 PM
... if I knew that Pompey were the type of team to stuff their opponents in the weeks to come by the same score. But this season we haven't scored more than 3 in any match, so why are we so poor when we are supposed to be "improving" our defence week by week?

They all look a load of amateurs - sorry, I do amateurs a disservice - amateurs pride themselves in doing very well in their chosen sports. This lot of players have NO PRIDE WHATSOEVER in their own skills and performance as a team, nor in their ability to work with other sections of the team when they fall behind.

They also have very little skill and very big mouths. Remember, talk is CHEAP, and they are costing us dear!.

Ditch the lot, and start over.

I do not want to hear how so and so could be the answer (if only he switches his brain on in time), or if somebody has a bike/4WD called Sioux, or these or those players are sitting on their a***s playing mind-diminishing computer games till the wee small hours, or shopping dow

midhurstblue
23-02-2014, 04:16 PM
If just now & again I could watch a match at home where Pompey scored some goals themselves. and even win.

PompeyScarf
23-02-2014, 04:31 PM
We do win now and again lol

PompeyScarf
23-02-2014, 05:25 PM
This lot of players have NO PRIDE WHATSOEVER in their own skills and performance as a team, nor in their ability to work with other sections of the team when they fall behind.

I agree. There was no difference when Awford took over as caretaker and no improvement as soon as RB took over. No willingness to impress the new managers and certainly no willingness to play for the supporters.

nonsuchmike
23-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Maybe, Scarf, that is why they are "available" to be loaned to teams who are desperate. Like Pompey.

Perhaps, like the youngsters under Andy Awfs, they should go back to school and do GCSEs to at least learn some mental discipline, even if they are lacking in physical ones.

PompeyScarf
23-02-2014, 06:22 PM
[quote="nonsuchmike" to be loaned to teams who are desperate. Like Pompey.

Perhaps, like the youngsters under Andy Awfs, they should go back to school and do GCSEs to at least learn some mental discipline, even if they are lacking in physical ones.[/quote]

What's the point of having a Like it button when it doesn't work?

nonsuchmike
01-03-2014, 12:08 PM
We are now in March when Pompey players traditionally awake from their winter slumber and think about playing half decent football approaching the standard of Flying Bull Lane Primary (or has it been renamed East Rudmore/South Stamshaw Junior Mixed?).

I am expecting a run to go on until at least Easter, whereupon, having reached mathematical safety, the team will revert to sloppy defending, muddled midfield and inept attacking once more.

Before, we had a pint sized pocket genius playing for us who scored the goal against Citeh that made the difference.

I am looking for Pompey players to sit up and be counted - to kneel up to the plate - to put their hands down and their heads stooped low to score on the field and not on their computer games.

To pass and not expect to be ignored, to shoot and between the two white upright things, not outside of them; to be controlled and rational in their approach play and not to shoot OTT, nor shoot their mouths off in the Blue 'un.

If they can k