PDA

View Full Version : Port Vale

somersetcrewe
22-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Someone please remind me where they are in the league?
I've looked in the bottom 4 - but they aren't there, but according to those callers on P&G ...?!!
Talk about a massive over-reaction.

Oh yes, and what was that about "targeting Joe Davis"? What a load of nonsense. I can just see Steve (and Harry!) sanctioning that!!!

Great result today. Was hoping for 4 from 6 in the 2 games before today. May have to revise that now!! ;D

And could that be the end for Osman? Not seen enough this season to comment but it's clear from where I am that we do seem to do better without him.

grestyraider7
22-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Have been this afternoon. My 6th away game this season, lost the first 5!! Terrific performances all over the pitch. Much better from Mark Ellis, John Guthrie getting more confident all the time. Another huge performance from Chuks, and Poggs took a real hammering.

Their hoof it approach rightly brought them nothing. Those on P&G talking rubbish about trying to get Joe Davis sent off-he SHOULD have been sent off.

Also saying the ref had lost it?? He rightly punished every niggling cynical little foul they did, and kept control throughout. The only thing he did wrong was not sending Davis off. Loved Bradden's goal celebration which was right by us. A terrific afternoon with brilliant support throughout from the Alex fans! C.O.Y.R!!!!

Timon
22-02-2014, 06:53 PM
I've always said it as it's been seen, but sorry to all Vale fans but the Alex played them off the park. A result of 3-7 would not have done that a disservice (I'll give them credit for the bar strike & H off the line).

The ref was fine, in fact his 2 acts of leniency were both for the Mighty Vale - Joe D staying on & a second penalty on Toots. Upfront I don't think Vale fans have seen a nightmare like Chuks & Pogs in many a while, then there was little Brad on the wing to finish them off!

RenegadeDS
22-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Since when did Vale become a hoofball team? Ellis and Davis will have headaches tonight after the amount of long balls that were lumped to them.

Nothing else that I can say that we don't already know - we hammered them today and fully deserved the win. The only disappointing this is that we didn't score the 7 or 8 goals that we should have done. Clueless Vale performance this afternoon and rightfully put to the sword.

AstonAlex
22-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Wasn't able to go this afternoon. . and don't listen to Moan and Grumble unless I'm driving back from the match, but I can imagine. . . .

Perhaps the Fail fans will have been silenced by the unusually honest and sporting opinions of their manager on their website, specifically that Joe Davis was a little lucky not to be sent off and that the Alex deserved the win. He even wishes us well and hopes we stay up! I need a stiff drink after a shock like that. - view external link (http://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/article/20140222-gaffer-post-match-1376893.aspx)

Timon
22-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Wasn't able to go this afternoon. . and don't listen to Moan and Grumble unless I'm driving back from the match, but I can imagine. . . .

Perhaps the Fail fans will have been silenced by the unusually honest and sporting opinions of their manager on their website, specifically that Joe Davis was a little lucky not to be sent off and that the Alex deserved the win. He even wishes us well and hopes we stay up! I need a stiff drink after a shock like that.

Agreed, a surprisingly candid interview from Mickey but I suppose there's not much else you can do when you've been caught showing your naked backside out of Burton's window XD