PDA

View Full Version : Hail, Hail the Mighty Vale

Timon
22-02-2014, 06:55 PM
C'mon Vale fans get over it, today you were lucky to be second best. You've had a great season all-in-all but the Alex owned that today. A day for the Mighty Reds :)

valefaninpeace
23-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Easily the best team won. However it was obvious to most vale fans before the whistle even blew that adams handed the game on a plate to you when we saw how both teams we setting up. We made you look even better, otherwise you would be in the play offs! A lot of the decisions adams made before and during were bizarre to unforgivable. And don't be tricked by adams more humble approach to his after game interview. He is still a grumpy sod, but its better than actually admitting he hasn't got a clue tactically (and possible risked ruining a couple of promising players confidence).
The 'was it/wasnt it' sending off. If it was a foul, and having not seen it again Im happy to accept it was, then I understand the calls for a red card. I actually thought the original yellow card he got was the harsh one. And even if it was a foul, the reaction of the player on the floor was poor. There is no way he was hit that hard. He knew there was a chance of a sending off. But I'm sure you won't agree wit

somersetcrewe
23-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Easily the best team won

Why thank you! ;D

We made you look even better, otherwise you would be in the play offs!

Oh come on! You were nice and realistic ... and then this! Just accept it, we were excellent and not just better than we are! Check out our recent form since the Cornwall acquittals and since our home game against your lot! This has been coming!

He is still a grumpy sod, but its better than actually admitting he hasn't got a clue tactically

Surely 2 subs after 33 mins is just such an admission ...?!!

However I don't think we were going to go up, or go down either, we need to be building for next season and sorting all that out

Good call. Take it from us, 2nd season syndrome is alive and well!!

[quote="valefanin

alexbarmy
23-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Joe Davis' first booking was due to a cumulation of fouls.

valefaninpeace
23-02-2014, 04:48 PM
I think I gave credit where due, though I can't stress how bad we were and how ridiculous our set up was. I fully expect Stevenage to give you more of a game on Tuesday. Even if you were pushing for the play off, that would put you near us. We played/are playing like a relegation bound team. Even worse than the result is how Adams poor management of young players may affect their confidence. Davis was let down and left wide open, I really feel for him as he has shown real promise recently. And then we had 7 subs, not one of them being a defender, despite having experienced defenders who it seems Adams has fallen out with. Though perhaps the wrong place to have a moan.
I agree you would be higher, though you seem to have better finishes to seasons, while we are the opposite.

itwasin
23-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Full Credit to Crewe A but i do feel a little OLD PALS ACT was present after all P.V dont want Crewe to go down when they can get a gate of 8000+ do they, and i have never seen a Vale side with the foot of the gas as this lot,and well behaved to,even Pope was well behaved No fight,no aggro,Having said that it could have gone all wrong Vale hitting the post and Bar and Crewe still missing sitters in front of goal.
So if C.A are that good Stevenage will be a pushover? we hope.

DGFG
23-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Full Credit to Crewe A but i do feel a little OLD PALS ACT was present after all P.V dont want Crewe to go down when they can get a gate of 8000+ do they, and i have never seen a Vale side with the foot of the gas as this lot,and well behaved to,even Pope was well behaved No fight,no aggro,Having said that it could have gone all wrong Vale hitting the post and Bar and Crewe still missing sitters in front of goal.
So if C.A are that good Stevenage will be a pushover? we hope.

^clearly absolutely gutted that Crewe won.

Timon
23-02-2014, 11:16 PM
[quote="valefaninpeace"]Easily the best team won. However it was obvious to most vale fans before the whistle even blew that adams handed the game on a plate to you when we saw how both teams we setting up. We made you look even better, otherwise you would be in the play offs! A lot of the decisions adams made before and during were bizarre to unforgivable. And don't be tricked by adams more humble approach to his after game interview. He is still a grumpy sod, but its better than actually admitting he hasn't got a clue tactically (and possible risked ruining a couple of promising players confidence).
The 'was it/wasnt it' sending off. If it was a foul, and having not seen it again Im happy to accept it was, then I understand the calls for a red card. I actually thought the original yellow card he got was the harsh one. And even if it was a foul, the reaction of the player on the floor was poor. There is no way he was hit that hard. He knew there was a chanc

valefaninpeace
24-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Well at least someone noticed a plan a. If I'd hadn't seen the side before getting in I'd have considered whether it was worth wasting the money. And it's been a while since one team did the double.
Can't agree about seeing passion from our team, apart from pope and knott when he came on (why we have a quality footballer who can pass stuck on the bench I'll never know). I think it spoke volumes that a loanee from Sunderland seemed more up for it than the rest of them. I honestly think Stevenage will give you a tougher game tomorrow. Anyway, see you next season.