PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Krueger

saintwayne
23-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Article on his imminent arrival...

Not sure what to make of this tbh, he says the right things but what is he actually here for? Can't help but feel a sense of deja vu over the whole Lowe/Woodward experiment. - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2565804/Mauricio-Pochettino-backing-Southamptons-new-guru-Ralph-Krueger-shows-bo)

proclaimer
23-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Not sure I make the same connection - at this stage anyway.

The article is suggestion his involvement is with Management structure rather than on the field tactics. Woodward was supposed to help with his tactics, especially set plays. After which we couldn't seem to do anything at all with a set play. :(

Wait and see I guess.

kernow
23-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Ooh another management tier !?

Do we need all of these managers and directors, some of whom have failed abjectly in their supposed roles?

It's not clear what this mans's role will be !?

PapaLazarou
24-02-2014, 08:25 PM
I'm currently open minded but, from what I have a read, this could be a very good appointment.

His remit does not appear to have direct influence on matters on the pitch (like Woodward), but rather to enhance and add value to the organisation as a whole, doing so from the top down - and that's something for which he has an excellent track record.

Also, Krueger's appointment to the board may well be indicative of Katharina's desire to be here longer than the short term - no bad thing, IMO.

Will watch this unfold with interest, albeit a little warily at first..

Brazil_Saint
25-02-2014, 10:31 AM
I have to say I read this an instantly thought of Clive Woodward. But, lets see.

BileysThere
26-02-2014, 06:47 PM
The way i see it is another blow to Pokey, if he had intentions of staying then surely they are gone now.
Redknapp made no complaint to Woodwards appointment but after throwing his toys out at us because Milan did the same thing he would have looked the big baby he was twice, so he left.
Mad times at St Mary's.:?

TurktownAnt
27-02-2014, 11:33 PM
He's here to sell high end sunglasses. I knew the scum were stupid but not that stupid. Sucked in again:(

kernow
28-02-2014, 07:54 AM
Skates living in hope shocker.
Not only do they live in hope, they also live in the past and can predict the future.