PDA

View Full Version : How many goals...

fylderover
23-02-2014, 09:28 AM
...have we conceded since Scott Dann left ?

I'm no statistician but is it our best run of games (even if it is only 3 !!!) for goals against ?

Kilgallon is far better on the ball than Dann & will I'm sure become even more effective defensively as the games go on.

He's better with his hands than Dann too XD XD

Rvblue
23-02-2014, 09:55 AM
I think Robinson's return is not to be underestimated either.

I think players and fans feel a lot more confident with him in nets.

Don't want to have a pop at Dann as I thought he would be agood signing for us. we got good money for him and reduced our wage bill so it suited us all round especially with Kilgallon a ready made replacement.

I thought Murphy and Best would be good signings as well but it just goes to show reputations count for nothing.

fylderover
23-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Rv

I agree with you about Robbo & the disappointment re Murphy & the tiresome Best. We lost a huge amount of money on Dann, but the time comes when you have to cut & run & bring some sensibility to the wage structure.

Purely on playing capability I would select Kilgallon over Dann. Dann was very good in the air - Kilgallon is OK, Dann was hopeless on the ball - gave it to the opposition constantly putting us back under pressure, Kilgallon finds a team mate.

I truly hope that Hanley (now on his natural side) & Kilgallon form a formidable partnership.

Rvblue
23-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Well it is an encouraging start and a foundation to build on. I can't remember the last time we kept three clean shhets in a row so signs of progress for sure.

Midfield is still the main concern.

Why buy Dabo if he is not good enough...seems a strange one. Evans hopefully back soon will give us a lift buyt we look really threadbare from a creative point of view.

Wiliamson and Lowe are break up players but little else.

fylderover
23-02-2014, 11:15 AM
If Cairney is out GB's hand may well be forced for the Bolton game.
I understand Dabo scored a couple last week for the U21s & Evans will be ready next week...

Another win would really set us up for the visit of the multi-digitalis !:D :D

champs95
23-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Totally agree Fylde.
Dann is not missed at all. Kilgalon reads the game better, and steps out from the back line much better, his distrubution is much better.

Not sure I agree with the huge amount of money we have lost on him. We got a fee for him. But the massive point missed is, we are NOT paying an average footballer over AŁ30k a week. That, and nobody can surely disagree with this ...is way too much for our club to be paying. So in that case, he had to go, even at cut price. Think of the average home game, and how many fans turn up? I'm not even sure the gate receipts would've paid Danns wages, never mind the rest of the squad. It was an absolute no brainer. Bowyer sees Kilgalon in training everyday, we don't. On this one, yet again GB was absolutely correct. As was the club. Meanwhile Dann faces being relegated with his 3rd club in a row. All for AŁ30 k a week. He was never anything other than okay, at best.

fylderover
23-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Champs

When I said we'd lost a huge amount of money on Dann I was referring to the deficit on the transfer but also the massive wage we'd paid for an average player for a lengthy period.

Much happier with Kilgallon who has a great opportunity to realise his early unfulfilled potential.

GB did great business in getting Dann off the books & Im certain he will "borrow" adequate cover soon. I'm glad on all sorts of levels that he didn't go for Lucas Neil.

champs95
23-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Champs

When I said we'd lost a huge amount of money on Dann I was referring to the deficit on the transfer but also the massive wage we'd paid for an average player for a lengthy period.

Much happier with Kilgallon who has a great opportunity to realise his early unfulfilled potential.

GB did great business in getting Dann off the books & Im certain he will "borrow" adequate cover soon. I'm glad on all sorts of levels that he didn't go for Lucas Neil.

Get what your saying Fylde. And I do also agree, about Lucas Neill. Maybe about 5 seasons ago, but not now. In the summer I expect we will get another centre half as back up.

Bobcrompton1896
23-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Think Corey Evans would be back-up centre-half at the mo...

fylderover
25-02-2014, 06:58 PM
I would've thought Spurr would be a better fill-in or Lowe maybe ?

What the heck - we're gonne attack the hell outa everybody until the end of the season - who needs defenders XD XD XD XD