View Full Version : the long ball game.

connelljj
23-02-2014, 09:41 AM
LONG PASSES yesterday.

West Ham - 38

Southampton - 42

saintwayne
23-02-2014, 09:55 AM
There's a difference between long passes and long balls.

herbiehammer
23-02-2014, 10:40 AM
There's a difference between long passes and long balls.
Really? I presume passes is where the ball actually meets the player where as long balls dont? Either way your mob did more
Or are you thinking more ***ually sweetheart :heart:

proclaimer
23-02-2014, 10:54 AM
38 long balls from the 'Academy of football' ?

herbiehammer
23-02-2014, 11:15 AM
38 long balls from the 'Academy of football' ?
42 long balls from a "non identity of football" a forgotten has been of a club?

kernow
23-02-2014, 11:40 AM
LONG PASSES yesterday.

West Ham - 38

Southampton - 42

Were you counting them or just quoting some other geek ?

Here's some more. West Ham long passes 38, possession 31%

What is my point ? Don't know if I have one !?

Reaches for anorak on the way out, closes door behind.

Dreckly. B)

Happy_Hammer_66
24-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Here's one more statistic for you

West Ham 3
Southampton 1

Don't need to be a geek to know that one XD X-D

kernow
24-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Well done you.

Pentridge
24-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Here's one more statistic for you

West Ham 3
Southampton 1

Don't need to be a geek to know that one XD X-D

Eight (8) points above you.

There's another stat.

chiswickmart
24-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Although they've won considerably more (MORE) trophies than you.

But then who hasn't????

PS Aren't you supposed to put the word not the number in the brackets you nobber????

Vidi Printer FAIL!!

Dirtyweasel
24-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Sadly we never stood a chance against the MUOTPL and their total football approach to games.

With football like that being served up on a fortnightly basis they'll be needing a larger stadium than the Olympic one they'll soon be loaning.

Massive - truly massive.

Pentridge
25-02-2014, 08:12 AM
PS Aren't you supposed to put the word not the number in the brackets you nobber????

Vidi Printer FAIL!!

You probably do buts that's not why I did it.

chiswickmart
25-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Sadly we never stood a chance against the MUOTPL and their total football approach to games.

With football like that being served up on a fortnightly basis they'll be needing a larger stadium than the Olympic one they'll soon be loaning.

Massive - truly massive.

With football like what???

Try busting this myth!!

http://i58.tinypic.com/291lrnr.jpg

PapaLazarou
25-02-2014, 09:21 AM
LONG PASSES yesterday.

West Ham - 38

Southampton - 42

We also make more short passes than West Ham.

A lot more..

http://i61.tinypic.com/24b6ahi.jpg

44hammer
25-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Yeah great short passes mostly between the two centre back and the left and right back , to you to me to you and end up back to keeper and punt ,Great entertainment.:(

PapaLazarou
25-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Yeah great short passes mostly between the two centre back and the left and right back , to you to me to you and end up back to keeper and punt ,Great entertainment.:(

By that rationale, you must also dislike the style of football played by the likes of Arsenal, Man City & Liverpool ?

If you don't appreciate a short passing game and you don't like the way West Ham play currently, what style of play would you like to see being played by your lads ?

Hammerman69
25-02-2014, 10:23 AM

Massive - truly massive.

FFS does it really matter ? Saints had lots of possession but troubled Adrian no more than we troubled Boruc. Thought it was a good game...pretty even in decent chances created, we got a bit lucky with Jarvis goal (however the penalty that Pochettino wanted was not one) but overall it is about taking chances and we were (for once) clinical. Both sides tried to play long at times but I think that Mark Noble was the difference for us as he played very well in midfield.

Early in the season, we were making loads of chances and scoring none of them...it happens. On another day Saints will make only 2 chances but score them both and win a game. If I am honest, I was a lit

chiswickmart
25-02-2014, 10:24 AM
By that rationale, you must also dislike the style of football played by the likes of Arsenal, Man City & Liverpool ?

Sorry, for a moment there I thought you were suggesting you play the same style of football as Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Good one Grandad, that's funny!! XD XD XD

PapaLazarou
25-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Saints had lots of possession but troubled Adrian no more than we troubled Boruc. Thought it was a good game...pretty even in decent chances created, we got a bit lucky with Jarvis goal (however the penalty that Pochettino wanted was not one) but overall it is about taking chances and we were (for once) clinical. Both sides tried to play long at times but I think that Mark Noble was the difference for us as he played very well in midfield.

Early in the season, we were making loads of chances and scoring none of them...it happens. On another day Saints will make only 2 chances but score them both and win a game.

That's a pretty fair interpretation..

If I am honest, I was a little disappointed with your front 3 especially Lambert but Ramirez looked pretty good when he came on and Luke Shaw looks a lot better going forward than in defence.

Lambert looks knackered at the m

Hammerman69
25-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Saints had lots of possession but troubled Adrian no more than we troubled Boruc. Thought it was a good game...pretty even in decent chances created, we got a bit lucky with Jarvis goal (however the penalty that Pochettino wanted was not one) but overall it is about taking chances and we were (for once) clinical. Both sides tried to play long at times but I think that Mark Noble was the difference for us as he played very well in midfield.

Early in the season, we were making loads of chances and scoring none of them...it happens. On another day Saints will make only 2 chances but score them both and win a game.

That's a pretty fair interpretation..

[quote="Hammerman69"]If I am honest, I was a little disappointed with your front 3 especially Lambert but Ramirez looked pretty good when he came on and Luke Shaw looks a lot better going forward than in d

PapaLazarou
25-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Thanks PL...good luck for the rest of the season.

Likewise, Hammerman..

Whilst I thought you were struggling a little while ago and were in real trouble, if you play with the same heart and determination as you did against us, you've got more than enough to stay well clear of the relegation dogfight that is starting to take shape..

Onwards and upwards.. O:)

Hammerman69
25-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Thanks PL...good luck for the rest of the season.

Likewise, Hammerman..

Whilst I thought you were struggling a little while ago and were in real trouble, if you play with the same heart and determination as you did against us, you've got more than enough to stay well clear of the relegation dogfight that is starting to take shape..

Onwards and upwards.. O:)[/quote]

Cheers

I think that having all four first choice defenders unfit for 10 games or so was really the main issue and confidence then disintegrated (playing Man City in the middle of that did not help either).

Football is a funny game sometimes...a bit of confidence and suddenly the results come, a drop in confidence and a team is really Donald Ducked !

saintwayne
25-02-2014, 08:19 PM

Massive - truly massive.

FFS does it really matter ? Saints had lots of possession but troubled Adrian no more than we troubled Boruc. Thought it was a good game...pretty even in decent chances created, we got a bit lucky with Jarvis goal (however the penalty that Pochettino wanted was not one) but overall it is about taking chances and we were (for once) clinical. Both sides tried to play long at times but I think that Mark Noble was the difference for us as he played very well in midfield.

Early in the season, we were making loads of chances and scoring none of them...it happens. On another day Saints will make only 2 chances but score them