PDA

View Full Version : Forum embarrassment - long post warning

Piglet_Phoenix
23-02-2014, 10:51 AM
On the whole, idiotic questions - answered by idiots. The only person from the club or trust to come out of it with any credit was Kavanagh (barely), who compared to the owners sounded like an Irish Stephen Hawking (obviously without the voice box).

We begin with some brown nosed happy clapper "praising" Andrew Jenkins. Yes, that's right - Jenkins has done such a fantastic job of running the club he had to lend (that's lend, not invest) A?600,000 to prevent the club going into administration. He deserves praise for this why? If he and Nixon hadn't done such a horrific job running the club there would not have been any shortfall. All this extra debt does is makes the club less of an attractive proposition for any potential buyer - which is exactly the way the owners and the silent partner want it. You'd have to be a total simpleton to think this praiseworthy.

Next a question to the owners about what the club would say to the fans to encourage them back. The answer - Kavanagh harping o

pacirv
23-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Hit the nail on the head piglet sadly the people of the city have lost interest in the club the only thing that will change that is a new ambitious owner.
Your quite right that since the present owners took over they have successfully taken us from being on the fringe of going up to the championship to relegation fodder, the lack of interest and postings in here are a sign of just how little people now care.

malsy
23-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Firm but fair, can't believe the board haven't thought of having a coffee morning to raise funds.

southblue
23-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Nice post P_P you seem to have summarised the long-standing attitude of the club and the owners.

Wukkie
23-02-2014, 04:29 PM
I didn't even bother listening this time and seriously don't know why they bother as they won't tell the fans anything.

All you receive is lies on top of more lies.

S****horpe replica ground here we come fit for the Conference whilst a nice retirement fund is set up for the four of them if you include the hidden one pulling the strings.

demonseye48
23-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Brilliant!! was going to post something similar along those lines myself, I didn't hear the forum, however I got the vibe of what was coming, Mr Jenkins, we are in this state because of you...you have done this to our club once before, Mr Stokoe had similar problems back in the day, you are killing our club...and its all your doing.

southdevonblue
23-02-2014, 05:51 PM
And that - as they say - is that.

Thanks for info, pp.

It beggars believe that the cronies running the club cannot see that they are the source of the problem and that by continuing to fail the club, the city and it's fans they should be embarrassed and ashamed - but I guess they don't give a f*** about anything but themselves and their overly inflated egos.

Sad, but true.

Only an opinion, of course.

bluegadge
23-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Great post piglet... tips hat

The fact that only 40 fans turned up (if that is accurate) says it all for me...I only wish this would serve as a wake up call for the BOD but it wont will it.

I will never understand how a failing management structure is still in charge of our club...They are out of their depth and comfort zone.

They are dinosaurs stuck in a bloody time warp and they are responsible for losing nearly A?1 million quid over the last 2 years.

Jenkins should be embaressed to ever ask for this money back.

They dont seem to a have a clue how to run a football business in 2014 do they...and the fans can see right through their ridiculous statements...

95% of fans would pass a vote on no confidence in the BOD if we had the chance

Its truly a pathetic situation

MillerforScotland
23-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Yes Piglet a very interesting post.
The only thing is you have slated every single aspect of the club from the BoD, Management (at least your criticism of G.K. was a thinly disguised compliment) The Trust, Supporters (well comedy Scotsmen at least XD) and even ex players.
In the main I have no problem with your comments and in amongst all your bluster, there is usually a bit of common sense and insight.
The problem I have is that you appear just to be slating for slatings sake and slashing out at everyone with equal amounts of venom.
You don't rate the suggestion of Lumsden as some sort of ambassador for the club then?
Well I'll tell you what Pig, if all he has to live up to are people like our Director of Football, he would be a 100% improvement.
Lumsden, at the very least, was a member of our last consistently successful team and the younger element of our ever dwindling support would at least be able to relate to him and possibly recognise him in the street if they bumped into him.

HedgehogsTeeth
23-02-2014, 08:31 PM
The bit I don't understand is that if I acquired ownership of Carlisle United and bundled loads of cash into a failed promotion push that was partly down to my own naivety then I could walk away and say that I want my money back.

Doesn't look good does it?

Piglet_Phoenix
23-02-2014, 11:11 PM
The point remains the same about Lumsden.

Just exactly what would you pay him to do? Please say specifically what you expect him to do for the coin you want to pay him.

I suspect too much Irn-bru and Highland toffee has warped your brain.

dalmationblue
24-02-2014, 07:52 AM
An Excellent post by the Piglet normaly I don't read these long winded post's cos I'm usually ready for mi horlick's by the time I get to the end. Slating as stated by another poster, Definatly not, Telling the truth yes.On a personal note going to these forums I would rather sit in the bath slit mi wrist's and watch myself bleed to death, Which is a similar punishment as going down to BP at the moment...;D

nobbyblue
24-02-2014, 08:07 AM
Chris Lumsden seems like a nice fella and usually gave his all when playing but he's no "club legend".

Club legends are people like McConnell, Thompson, Ross, Balderstone and Ashman.

MillerforScotland
24-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Oh, now come on Piggy. I expected more from you.
You of all people MUST know of other clubs that employ explayers on match days meeting and greeting fans.
He could be in charge of "entertainment"
in Foxys, hopefully calling on a few of his co ex players to do a bit of "after dinner" or post match speaking. (I feel sure a knowledgable chap like you will have heard of a guy called Steve Kindon?? well he would have them rolling in the aisles)
As I stated earlier I would also expect Lumsden (or whoever was in that role) to spend every waking hour available promoting the club in a positive way around businesses, pubs, clubs, schools and sporting associations coming up with attractive schemes to get bums on seats and additionally boost ANY form of sponsorship cash available to the club. I realise a lot of those duties SHOULD be undertaken by a commercial dept (do we still have one??) but I also understand that times are hard so if one person can pull of a bit of multi tasking, so much the be

bluegadge
24-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Miller the principle of your idea aint that daft at all

All other posters arguing about what is "legend" status is a load of old bollox and getting away from the point.

But for me it all comes down to the right man for the job. What are their qualifications, are they commercially savvy, can they even write who knows???

Unless you have a commercial mastermind overseeing the whole process who will conduct a robust interview process we are shagged.

The truth is

We DO NOT have the right calibre of commercially minded staff who can run a football business 2014.

Whilst other businesses pick up the baton and run with it and eveolve with the times (Carlisle Racecourse for example) we continue to spunk away countless opportunities to maximise our revenue from a wide range of events whilst every other Tom Dick & Harry cash in.

We seem pathetic and have next to no Del Boy style raw inititive to sniff out where the moneys at.

MillerforScotland
24-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Come on then Piggy. You've done the easy bit, with your extremely lengthy and occasionaly witty criticism of the entire forum the other night.
However, as the Lib Dems used to know so well, its so simple to criticise when you know damned well you're never going to be in a position where you actually have to come up with something that will be of some use.
What you wrote the other night was undeniably factual.
The only problem with it is, everybody already knew all the facts you went to such lengths to highlight.
So now, how about doing the difficult bit and tell us all how to get the "wrongs", right!!
No point in sitting down in Sheffield or where ever pointing out the blatently obvious, without suggesting something tangible as an alternative.
Your world awaits!!

Qwertyyoop
25-02-2014, 08:09 AM
To be more correct 'Your vastly shrinking world awaits'.

MillerforScotland
25-02-2014, 10:28 PM
I have to say Piglet, I am EXTREMELY disappointed by your lack of response.
Its one thing to come out with a scatter gun approach to a forum I assume you didn't even take the time to attend, but when you are asked for a constructive suggestion or two, you appear to have gone into hibernation:?
I have always had the utmost respect for your posts and have always felt you were well informed about a lot of what was going on at Brunton Park.
Recently though you appear to have regressed into a sort of hybrid spoiled ****ager, crossed with some sort of latter day Rambo on some sort of virtual homicidal crusade.
I couldn't care less who you criticise, but it would be refreshing to actually see something constructive from you now.:/

Piglet_Phoenix
26-02-2014, 01:27 PM
"tell us all how to get the "wrongs", right!!"

None of this will happen, as the protagonists all have their own vested interests to protect. Jenkins, Nixon, the Trust, the silent partner, all pursuing their own agendas at the expense of the club.

-Jenkins must write the debt he has created to himself off and walk away from the club forever.
-Nixon must admit his failure and resign
-Ownership of the club would be transferred to the major creditor who should actively try to find a buyer.
-The trust must agree to give their shareholding up. I'm sure nobody would object if the money used to buy their shares in Knighton Holdings be re-invested in the club.

-The club needs to commit publicly to developing Brunton Park and commit to investing a substantial amount of turnover / investment in maintenance, improvement and upkeep. If this means investing less in players then it's what must be done.
-The full amount of authorised share capital in the club (not Knighton Holdings) needs to be pu