PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Reed

BlueAdder
23-02-2014, 04:01 PM
See on BBC Text that Man Utd are interested in signing Reed in the summer.
Quite honestly I had never heard the. Has he made any first team starts and how good is he? Another Academy player I am guessing, seems a shame to be selling future stars coming through the ranks, Let's hope it doesn't happen.

PapaLazarou
23-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Has he made any first team starts and how good is he?
Another Academy product - midfielder, not long turned 19 years of age and destined for big things..

Just one appearance this season when he came on as a 90th minute sub against Manchester City.

Grannie64
23-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Another Academy product - midfielder, not long turned 19 years of age and destined for big things..

Just one appearance this season when he came on as a 90th minute sub against Manchester City.[/quote]

Maybe it's because he is referred to as a Paul Scholes type of player and not just because his hair is ginger. Maybe it's just typical media 2 + 2 = 5. But yes a very talent individual.

CostaBaz
24-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Been called up for England U19 squad, with 3 other Saints. O:)

Four out of a squad of 17, being Saints ain't bad.

OhWell
24-02-2014, 02:46 PM
England U19 Squad

Goalkeepers
Mitchell Beeney (Chelsea), Christian Walton (Brighton & Hove Albion).

Defenders
Calum Chambers (Southampton), Shay Facey (Manchester City), Ola Aina (Chelsea), Leo Chambers (West Ham United), Matt Targett (Southampton), Harrison Reed (Southampton), Isaac Hayden (Arsenal).

Midfielders
Alex Mowatt (Leeds United), John Swift (Chelsea), Lewis Baker (Chelsea), Jordon Ibe (Birmingham City, on loan from Liverpool), Calllum Robinson (Aston Villa).

Forwards
Josh Murphy (Norwich City), Sam Gallagher (Southampton), James Wilson (Manchester United).

PapaLazarou
24-02-2014, 02:56 PM
That's a very impressive achievement - well done to all concerned.. B)

kernow
24-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Sam Gallagher? Interesting.
Was thinking WGS would be looking at him !?

PapaLazarou
24-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Sam Gallagher? Interesting.
Was thinking WGS would be looking at him !?

He might have been, K - but it appears that young Sam wishes to play for the Auld Enemy, instead.. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/pfh6mym)

Pentridge
24-02-2014, 03:55 PM
I thought young Sam was a Scoth too, he certainly looks like one.

What a great achievement for our academy, well done SFC.

Grannie64
24-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Harrison Reed is a midfielder, so why he's listed as defender surprises me. As far as Sam he has played for Scotland U19 so like Matt has decided to play for England.

BileysThere
24-02-2014, 05:54 PM

please define 'big things' you surely don't mean going to a big club.

PapaLazarou
24-02-2014, 06:40 PM

please define 'big things' you surely don't mean going to a big club.[/quote][/quote]

What did you hope to achieve by adding extra text to my post ? :?

Hang on a minute - is it the case that you still don't understand how to use the quote feature ? FFS.. XD

BileysThere
24-02-2014, 07:17 PM

please define 'big things' you surely don't mean going to a big club.[/quote][/quote]

What did you hope to achieve by adding extra text to my post ? :?

Hang on a minute - is it the case that you still don't understand how to use the quote feature ? FFS.. XD[/quote]

Shouldn't there be a Capital in there somewhere?
pepe you can pontificate as much as it pleases you but it won't hide the fact your season has fallen apart.
So much promise with Long Gone Don and Pokey, new England sign ups, sitting in the top 5, Europe nailed on, the hope was endless now it's hopeless. Another season in our shadow. :D

PapaLazarou
24-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Anyway, back on topic.. http://www.pistonheads.com/inc/images/rolleyes.gif

The upcoming game for the U19s is a friendly against Turkey on Wed 5 March 2014.

Doesn't appear to be in the live TV schedules which is a pity. Also a shame it's being played in Chester - I'd have been interested in popping along had it been more local.