PDA

View Full Version : O/T This Site (Again!)

Woking88
23-02-2014, 06:44 PM
1. We seem to have returned to postings getting temporarily 'lost' again.

2. Response times are frequently very slow.

3. When you click on 'interactive' and then 'message board' it can take ages before the 'message board' click works.

4. The entire thing seems to regularly freeze.

5. My posts were on 12,512. I then make another post, on this site and that is also numbered 12,512, implying that one has been 'lost' somewhere.

I am finding these things are occurring on all computers that I use to gain access to this site. Am I alone , or are any of you experiencing the same, similar, or even other problems?

(Edit - the post count is still on 12,512 even after posting this!!! :/ :/ :/ )

Evewolf65
23-02-2014, 07:00 PM
1. We seem to have returned to postings getting temporarily 'lost' again.

2. Response times are frequently very slow.

3. When you click on 'interactive' and then 'message board' it can take ages before the 'message board' click works.

4. The entire thing seems to regularly freeze.

5. My posts were on 12,512. I then make another post, on this site and that is also numbered 12,512, implying that one has been 'lost' somewhere.

I am finding these things are occurring on all computers that I use to gain access to this site. Am I alone , or are any of you experiencing the same, similar, or even other problems?

(Edit - the post count is still on 12,512 even after posting this!!! :/ :/ :/ )

So what! post counts only matter to those who flag them up!!:P XD

Woking88
23-02-2014, 07:10 PM
That's not the point, Eve. What the heck is going on is the point. The site used to be fun and now it is just hard work!

wolves71
23-02-2014, 07:43 PM
All working fine here so far tonight, no log in problems. I bookmark the message board anyway, so i rarely have to use the drop down menu and interactive.

Mr.D
23-02-2014, 07:46 PM
If I actually cared about post counts I would of stamped my feet and thrown my rattle out of my pram when I couldn't log in as 201169 the only thing I'm slightly irritated by is not being allowed to post pictures.

Mr.D
23-02-2014, 07:49 PM
All working fine here so far tonight, no log in problems. I bookmark the message board anyway, so i rarely have to use the drop down menu and interactive.Bookmarking makes life so much easier mate ;D

wolves71
23-02-2014, 07:53 PM
All working fine here so far tonight, no log in problems. I bookmark the message board anyway, so i rarely have to use the drop down menu and interactive.Bookmarking makes life so much easier mate ;D[/quote]

Exactly, i do it with all the forums i use.

Woking88
23-02-2014, 08:37 PM
If I actually cared about post counts I would of stamped my feet and thrown my rattle out of my pram when I couldn't log in as 201169 the only thing I'm slightly irritated by is not being allowed to post pictures.

I can, to some extent, see why a 'newbie' should have to have a qualifying number of posts before having an avatar, but I can't see why they can't post pictures right from the start.

TundraWolf
23-02-2014, 08:56 PM
You are now at 12,518, Wokes, perhaps the accountant that adds the numbers on was out for a tea break!?

I agree though, when one thing goes awry it makes you wonder what other glitches are lurking below the surface.:blue:

Woking88
23-02-2014, 09:01 PM
You are now at 12,518, Wokes, perhaps the accountant that adds the numbers on was out for a tea break!?

I agree though, when one thing goes awry it makes you wonder what other glitches are lurking below the surface.:blue:

I could live with it when it went through the bad patch as there was the hope that it would be a lot better once 'things' had been done. Sadly, it still seems to be a long way from what it was before then.

Woking88
24-02-2014, 09:37 AM

Not any longer, mate. At least one of the 'saved threads' has been removed without any explanation to us. I think several post counts will be down.
Odd really considering the post count must be a big factor in attracting advertising revenue.

TundraWolf
24-02-2014, 11:44 AM
They may have access to post counts, Wokes, just a problem displaying them here. I am bothered a bit by those who tried to change their avatars then found they couldn't and then couldn't get their old ones back (unless that has been fixed now). Avatars are a quick way to identify friends when scrolling down a lengthy thread.

sweeneywolf
24-02-2014, 11:54 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/9a7igp.jpg

Woking88
24-02-2014, 12:23 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/9a7igp.jpg

Northy was fair, sane, balanced, unbiased and adult - yeah, go for it! ;D

Woking88
24-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Not sure what happened there, reply came up twice! :O

TundraWolf
24-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Good one, Sweeney, creative, funny, and probably quite accurate!

wolves71
24-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Pity the "like it" button isn't working, quality from sweeneywolf :)

wolves71
24-02-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure if the footy mad owners work on a similar principle to other forums, but over time, ones i use often "prune" older threads. With this, you often see threads disappearing and also post counts dropping. As we all know, all footy mad sites have had a troubled few months including server problems since the "upgrade". Losing a few posts isn't the "be all" or "end all" of any forum ;D

unclesteve
24-02-2014, 05:14 PM
I agree...

1_Ron_Saunders
24-02-2014, 05:43 PM
like...

1_Ron_Saunders
24-02-2014, 05:48 PM
That's not the point, Eve. What the heck is going on is the point. The site used to be fun and now it is just hard work!
i hear molineux mix is good. maybe not such hard work. ask them to call me and i`ll give you a reference. wolves mad will require a fee if they want to transfer your post count.

Woking88
24-02-2014, 08:27 PM
i hear molineux mix is good. maybe not such hard work. ask them to call me and i`ll give you a reference. wolves mad will require a fee if they want to transfer your post count.[/quote]

I already use the site, Ron. When it is 'firing on all cylinders', I think this one is better! :)

wolves71
24-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Have you posted much on there? I only read the forum, but prefer slumming it on here ;D

Woking88
25-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Have you posted much on there? I only read the forum, but prefer slumming it on here ;D

I use others on other sites, Gav.

wolves71
25-02-2014, 04:27 PM

I use others on other sites, Gav.[/quote]

Fair enough, i just wondered if you got involved on there? I know oldgold on Duds post on there. Sometimes posters register on different forums, but rarely post and contribute, often look from the outside and in.

Woking88
25-02-2014, 05:31 PM

I use others on other sites, Gav.[/quote]

Fair enough, i just wondered if you got involved on there? I know oldgold on Duds post on there. Sometimes posters register on different forums, but rarely post and contribute, often look from the outside and in.[/quote]

Most of my posting is on this site, which is strange really as it is the only site I get any hassle on, but even that is so pathetic that it certainly doesn't bother me! :)

wolves71
25-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Same here, only forum i've ever got hassle on, but i can handle what anyone throws at me. Worse things in life than me worrying about anyone on a football forum.

Woking88
25-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Same here, only forum i've ever got hassle on, but i can handle what anyone throws at me. Worse things in life than me worrying about anyone on a football forum.

Spot on, Gav! :D

Woking88
28-02-2014, 10:53 AM
All working fine here so far tonight, no log in problems. I bookmark the message board anyway, so i rarely have to use the drop down menu and interactive.

I have done that on home PC, Gav. I hadn't thought about that before. I think it is probably because I cannot bookmark anything on computers that I use at work. Certainly saves some hassle at home though - thanks for the suggestion. Sometimes the obvious is not so obvious! :)

Woking88
28-02-2014, 03:47 PM
It's a great shame how many don't have avatars now. I wonder if that facility will return along with 'like its'?

wolves71
28-02-2014, 07:53 PM

I have done that on home PC, Gav. I hadn't thought about that before. I think it is probably because I cannot bookmark anything on computers that I use at work. Certainly saves some hassle at home though - thanks for the suggestion. Sometimes the obvious is not so obvious! :)[/quote]

If it's sites you frequently visit it's the best option. I've always done it, different browser, different wording...Bookmarked or Favourites. Sometimes though, url of a given forum gets updated.