PDA

View Full Version : Matt Tootle

Bankole
23-02-2014, 07:45 PM
I think sometimes Tootle seemingly does not get the recognition he deserves so I will do it now. Although he may not have a catchy chant like Mr Pogba and Mr Osman the lad is fantastic.

He is a very consistent in his performances and even when we were awful he still nearly always played well - in fact hes had very few weak games for us.

Also he seems very passionate and a great drive to win - it was clear to all to see yesterday at the start of the game, when he won that penalty and at the end how much winning for the club means to him.

Also from what I have heard he is a decent lad too who is good to have around the camp and seems to fit the captain role very well (why is Osman the chief captain btw?)

I am sure in the future he will move on because I think he has the ability to probably play in the Championship but when he does I will wish him all the luck.

Matt Tootle...I salute you

GeoffSH
23-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Always solid and dependable, in my view. He has often taken opposition players apart and made openings that others were unlucky not to have scored from.

Sometimes I wonder why he doesn't get MotM but I guess that's a whole different topic.

alexmick
23-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Playing in his rightful position now and deservedly wearing the captain's armband. Toots is Alex through and through and reminds me of the man who is the player with the most number of appearances for the Alex, another right back, Tommy (Twiggy) Lowry. Toots is a similar build to this loyal servant of the Alex and it would be absolutely fantastic if he could stay with the club beyond the end of this season. Knowing his brilliant attitude, he probably would want to do just that in an ideal world.

TwiceInABlueMoon
23-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Well said Bankole.

I think part of the reason why Toots doesn't get praised all the time is because he performs well so regularly. It's almost like we fans have come to expect it now!

He's destined for bigger things, is Toots. No doubt, a number of clubs will be in for his signature in the summer and he deserves a big move. Personally, I will be gutted to see him go but he will go with my blessing. We've had 5 very good seasons out of Toots.

A true professional and great example for all the academy lads coming through the ranks.

AstonAlex
24-02-2014, 11:37 AM
I endorse everything said above about Toots, and would add the following which I think confirms his attitude.

He has been played out of position at left back for most of the past 2 seasons, without complaint and looked a good left back. Great to see him back in his rightful place, where he is a VERY good right back. Towards the end of our promotion season he was also switched to a midfield role, including at Wembley of course, where he ran and ran and ran and looked out on his feet for the last 10 minutes - didn't stop him giving everything though. Sorry if this is making him sound like the poor man's Phillip Lahm!

That's what you should expect of a professional footballer, of course, but isn't it great to recognise and praise it in one of our own?

somersetcrewe
24-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Toots embodies the Alex!
If he ever gets caught on camera kissing the badge, at least you know he means it!!