PDA

View Full Version : Players that have to go

danegee
24-02-2014, 12:23 AM
Dawson: great servant, but has seen his best. Limited ability, knows one pass, has no pace.

Dembele: claims he is n attacking midfielder and was held back by AVB yet still cannot get into the box or score when he's given the chance. Makes no assists ( 6 in the time he's been here) and has scored only 2 league goals and 2 more in all other competitions. Managed 10 shots on goal in the league with Spurs.
Bought to replace Modric, but scores even less goals and has made less assists.

Rose: Not a LB. Anyone who has watched him knows if he hasn't got any defensive nous by know , will not have.

Bentaleb: not sold, but not the mainstay in midfield. One for the future, but should not be keeping Eriksen out of central midfield imo.

We need a playmaker in midfield. We have not got one.
We need a solid speedy central defender to partner Vertonghen
A LB who is actually a LB can defend, and when gets forward can deliver a cross.
We also need an attacking midfielder who scores goals as we hav

BlackDiamond
24-02-2014, 12:33 PM
As an observation, it is clear that the Bale money has been largely wasted.

Tim Sherwood is doing his best and I think the Europa cup is a better tournament with Spurs in it. And long may they continue to grace it.

DEVONSPUR
24-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Agree with the previous 2 posters.

Tim is doing his best but hopelessly out of his depth but we can't get rid now until the summer when, hopefully, a heavyweight like Van Gaal comes in with his own coaching staff.

We can then get rid of deadwood like Freund and Sir Les and Tim can go back to doing what he does best in coaching the kids.

As for getting rid of some players I would have included Lennon until yesterday but to give him credit he did put a shift in!

What worries me is that until we get a credible manager we might lose good players like Loris, Verts (he didn't look interested yesterday as his body language was terrible) and even Eriksen who must have been really frustrated warming his ar5e on the bench watching Bentelab running around like a headless chicken as was Paulinho!

COYS

danegee
26-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Dembele is a frustrating player. You'd think that he'd take on players in and around the box as strong as he is on the ball and have a few shots. Maybe he would score more, or get penalties.
Yet he is strong on the ball without any end product. All his passing is lateral.
Like I said he has scored just 2 league goals, and 4 in all comps I think.
His assist rate is pathetic too for the main man of midfield.
We have no body who is the catalyst in midfield.
We need a midfielder who gets the ball and looks forward. Who can beat a man and make assists, one who can score a few goals.
Chelsea had their Lampard, Poo their gerrard, Arse their Ramsey? Wilshere, City their Toure.

We rely on our strikers far too much. When they have a bad day we will invariably find it hard to score. We also don't give our strikers as much service from midfield.
Other teams in the top 5 don't have that problem. So the diary gets taken off of their strikers when they are not firing, ie Poldolski, Giroud, Torress