PDA

View Full Version : Burnley Fan.

Nipple
24-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Hi all, as the title suggests I am a Burnley fan. I have always enjoyed and respected the way Crewe play their football and promote from their academy and produce some genuine talent like Dean Ashton, Ashley Westwood and probably more notably Nick Powell (Who I think has a tremendous career ahead of him)and I've been looking out for your results ever since ex claret Steve Davis took charge of you and was a interim Crewe fan during the P/O Final and the JPT final. I just want to ask a couple of questions; Who are your biggets talents right now? How do you all rate Steve Davis?

Stealex
24-02-2014, 06:10 AM
Biggest talents. In terms of being ready for a move to the championship, probably only our right back Matt Tootle and our Arsenal loanee Chuks Aneke are our only 2 players that could cut it at that level. We have some younger players with lots of potential but then again we always do.

Steve Davis. On paper, 2 wins at Wembley in a year looks good, especially considering where we were when he took over. I can't help but think that he inherited a decent squad and was just that breath of fresh air that was needed. In my opinion he is often found wanting in terms of tactics and substitutions are often made too late. I wouldn't want him to leave but he is not ready for anything higher in my opinion.

Nipple
25-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Interesting. I've heard things about Max Clayton and Ryan Colclough but their stats aren't exactly impressive, Clayton especially. Are these two genuine talents or ?

ChalkDust
25-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Interesting. I've heard things about Max Clayton and Ryan Colclough but their stats aren't exactly impressive, Clayton especially. Are these two genuine talents or ?

They can be but need to draw from Matt Tootle as a role model to the club.

AlexLeicester
25-02-2014, 04:16 PM
If you are holding a cheque book, I'd advise you sit on your hands. :-D
Both these lads have been out of the mix for a while through injury and recovery. Let's see if they can manage the hurly burly of a relegation fight if and when they get back.

Any graduate of the Crewe Alex Academy is an accomplished footballer and has been trained to play the right way. The majority go on to have decent footballing careers, a minority go on to PL and potential international stardom.

And what's with this word 'interim'?! Get your be-clareted rear down to Gresty Road and join us for a few games this season. X-D