PDA

View Full Version : CUFC Trust Investment and problem for a New Owner

Bagshot_Blue
24-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Having listened to Friday's broadcast forum and having read the post on it. I am surprised that no-one has raised the issue of the Trust as the single biggest block to any new investment.

I fully take on board the reason for the Trust and why it has been given a 25.2% shareholding in CUFC ie. to protect the club's future against a glory hunter or asset stripper. However, I cannot believe the Trust is anything more than as piglet stated in a recent post:

"..We all know the agenda that the trust are pursuing, they're in it for themselves. It wouldn't matter how many members joined, they'd fix it for themselves so the "chosen few" retain their positions of power..."

Clearly there is something seriously wrong with the constitution of the Trust that only a cabal of those who run it (and we know who most of those are) are in control of vetoing any new investor if they so wish despite what the BoD and supporters might wish for. Remember these few ran a campaign that cost the Trust and C

Bagshot_Blue
26-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Following on from my comments and those of PP, Jon Coleman has followed up with an interesting article on the Trust:

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united

I am still not convinced by the responses. Of course, in theory anyone joining the Trust could go for one of those posts Mr Steel mentions. However, secrecy has been an element in the dealings of the Trust. The cabal that has run it up to this point will remain in charge as no one else can get any numbers of other members to forge a breakthrough. All this about brining two ****agers to the next meeting!!!?? Who are these two ****agers? Who do they represent? Are they associated to the organising committee of the Trust? The Trust's reply smacks of PR i.e. getting some statement out there to satisfy the enquiry without any true intentions - petty politics. The truth is the self serving group will continue until there is real interest in the Trust. Sadly, who knows when that will be as no-one has any interest in it. However, we

PADDOCK
26-02-2014, 07:37 PM
The Trust is clouded in secrecy and self-advancement. I joined at the last United open day and hdd a vote at the agm. Norman Steele was due to stand down as he had served the maximum length allowed under the then rules.

One of the votes was to scrap this rule allowing him to carry on (very convenient). I voted against it but up to now have not received any results of any of the votes despite many months passing. Who counted the votes and what was the result?

It would appear that they believe they don't have to answer to their members or give info about voting issues.

Do they care about the club, yes, but they are going about it the wrong way but when the club itself treats fans like idiots what can you expect, perhaps they've signed a dual secrecy pact to keep us in the dark.

Rapidly losing interest in the club with Kavanaghs one up front system and also believe the Trust is not run properly and is only serving the interest of a small gang of egotists.

Tossers the lot of t

Almost_Blue_Heaven
27-02-2014, 07:57 AM
If I was a new investor with A?ms to spare and was looking at CUFC it wouldn't be the A?2m debt that worried me,as it seems you could negotiate a payment process with Fred etc over the debt. (Let's be honest anyone investing in football at this level should be aware that all clubs will carry some debt and that will need to be paid off before any positive investment will see improvements.)

But what you wouldnt be able to renegotiate is over his charge on the ground

Which is without doubt the biggest stumbling block to finding an investor as it means you couldnt borriw against the assets that youd just bought.

dalmationblue
28-02-2014, 08:01 AM
I joined the trust many years ago with one aim in mind, To get rid of Knighton and his boy. When that was achieved that was me finished with the trust. As far as debt goe's I bet there not many clubs has'nt debt of some kind clubs are run on debt. And as Lal Bobby Thompson used to say ( Get plenty of Debt and you'll always have somebody knocking on your door )...:D ;D