PDA

View Full Version : Stevenage v Crewe ****MATCH PREDICTIONS****

ChalkDust
24-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Proverbial 6 pointer and a chance to push towards the middle of the table and a chance to get back to back wins against a struggling Stevenage team.

Although never under estimate Westley's team, still all the same I will go for a nervy 2-1 win with Pogba and Aneke netting.

crewedaft
24-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Going for a 3-2 win - we seem to have rediscovered our shooting boots (Pogba 2, Aneke).

KennyLuntsFanClub
24-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Stevenage 2 Crewe Alexandra 5
One of these games, we are going to go on and really thrash somebody.

ShropshireAlex
24-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Stevenage 2 Crewe Alexandra 5
One of these games, we are going to go on and really thrash somebody.

Hope you're right - wouldn't even own the worst GD any more! :D

I predict a nervy 1 goal win, after an anxious performance, but with just enough in hand to scramble it.

duschko
24-02-2014, 07:19 PM
I agree with KLFC, one day someone is going to get it. Looking back Chuks could easily have had 5!! The game reminded me of Wembley 97, we knew we were much better than them but couldn't really relax (even at 3-0 - it's an Alex thing). With the increased goals we're scoring away (Tranmere excepted) I would love a comfortable victory but we all know that won't happen. 3-2 Chuks, Pog and Brad again.

NEVTHEDEV
24-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Going for a 3-1 win to the Alex,same 3 scoring,4-1 If Uche plays and scores.
You know Imake sense. ;D :D

crewebacca
25-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Potential 'nana skin but going for a 2-0 Alex win non the less. C.O.Y.R.:star:

alexmick
25-02-2014, 11:06 AM
This game could prove to be a tougher test that the game at the weekend. There will be a lack of atmosphere at Stevenage, which could prove critical, especially following the euphoria at the Vale. However, it is a winnable game (but also one where we could slip up), so let us hope the players have their feet firmly on the ground and give it their all. Possible doubts according to the Sentinel today include Grant and Evans (knocked about after Saturday) and Osman is out (foot). Liam Nolan stands by.

2-0 away win to put more distance between us and Stevenage.

alexmark
25-02-2014, 11:20 AM
2-1 with Inman scoring two and conceding from set play again.

One_Dean_Ashton
25-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Really big game this. A win takes us well away from the drop zone and leaves them adrift. A defeat brings them back into contention and and us probably back into the bottom four.

Steve has a good record in big games. I'm going 3-0 to the railway men. Chucks, Pogba and Grant to net. (with Grant kissing the badge when he celebrates against the club that let him go!)

lestiverton
25-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Stvnge 2 Crewe 3 (half-time 0-2)

Teammoo
25-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Most people seem confident on this one, BUT in recent seasons this has been when we slip up, remember Tranny where we didn't show up. I think and hope and pray that we come out with a win. We have the potential to reverse the score from earlier in the season, but I would be happy with a scrappy 1-0 (Chucks pen).

Have we beaten Stevenage at all yet?

alexmick
25-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Most people seem confident on this one, BUT in recent seasons this has been when we slip up, remember Tranny where we didn't show up. I think and hope and pray that we come out with a win. We have the potential to reverse the score from earlier in the season, but I would be happy with a scrappy 1-0 (Chucks pen).

Have we beaten Stevenage at all yet?

I don't think we have ever beaten them. You are absolutely right in suggesting that this is a toughie. I reckon the side need to turn up and display the right attitude (unlike Tranmere). This is an important game for us. Three points are required.

alexmick
25-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Team news: Etheridge in goal. Evans out injured, replaced by Nolan.

Only five subs available: Garratt, Oliver, Waters, Mellor and Dugdale. Thin on the ground.