PDA

View Full Version : Gaston

PapaLazarou
24-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Very impressed with his performance when he came on as a sub on Saturday - absolute quality, just what we've been missing and the best I've seen from him for a long, long time.. B)

So, on that [30 minute] performance, would you have him in the starting lineup for Liverpool this weekend ?

If yes, that of course raises the question who would make way. Schneiderlin & Cork are more or less undroppable at the moment, which means one of Lallana, Davis, Rodriguez or (perish the thought) SRL would have to sit it out.

An on-form Ramirez would definitely be in my starting 11 and, whilst it's a very tough call, I'd probably have SRL being the one left on the bench..

kernow
24-02-2014, 09:29 PM
If he is on form and providing a bit of creativity then he absolutely needs to be starting on Saturday. We're going to need that and more against that lot

Difficult choice to make as to who should make way. Rickie Lambert has looked heavy legged in the last couple of matches so I would have him on the bench until the hour mark and introduce him to make an impact like a lunar impacting meteorite ! :D

CostaBaz
25-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Looking tired, of late, or not, I'd start with SRL. He is still the glue that holds the attack together.

JRod, IMO, cannot lead the line, and is more dangerous using his pace from deeper positions.
If Gaston is to start, it would have to be for Davis.

saintwayne
25-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Gaston was just starting to show some good form before he got injured, so it was good to see him pick up where he left off on Saturday. On form he is a quality player so let's play him.

I agree with Baz that Jay struggles as the lone striker, I would be tempted to go with Gallagher up top, with SRL and Davis on the bench.

Boruc
Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw
Cork Morgan
JR Gaston Lallana
Gallagher