PDA

View Full Version : FA CUP QF SHEFFIELD UNITED v Charlton

originaltrueblade
24-02-2014, 09:46 PM
At Bramall Lane HOME OF THE BLADES.

helmut_rooster
24-02-2014, 09:50 PM
HOME OF THE PIGS...with fans that have been way too scared to come on here for almost 2 years.

Cannot believe some of the posts on oink mad, some of your lot are happy about not having a Sheffield derby with the winner to go to Wembley. Pi5s poor pigs.

MaltonBlade
24-02-2014, 09:52 PM
XD XD XD . but there massive.

PeteWaller
24-02-2014, 09:54 PM

Really poor taste and you can't even f***ing spell you tw**

helmut_rooster
24-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Another pig, jesus, where have you lot been since May 2012, must have been one heavy rock.

mahatmafoot
24-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Boring old saddo Pigster.

helmut_rooster
24-02-2014, 09:56 PM

WTF??? na that's the vvankest post of the day pig.

Care to elaborate? that means explain by the way pig.

MaltonBlade
24-02-2014, 09:58 PM

Really poor taste and you can't even f***ing spell you tw**[/quote]

I really don`t care about spelling can`t stop laughing i can`t type. XD XD XD

SeanShoreham
24-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Yep, Piggies fail the Steel City again :/

originaltrueblade
24-02-2014, 10:15 PM
I can post the Quarter Final programme on here for you all to see if you like

Katchouro
24-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Looking forward to it.

The Magic of the FA Cup still alive and kicking in Sheffield thanks to N-I-G-E-L, the Celtic Warriors and the Beard.

hirstyboywonder
24-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Looking forward to it.

The Magic of the FA Cup still alive and kicking in Sheffield thanks to N-I-G-E-L, the Celtic Warriors and the Beard.

We fluffed our lines tonight, shocking first half and poor 2nd goal. On another night we would easily have scored at least 2 but it wasn't to be.

We have performed in bigger games than this one though.
When the dust settles you will have a good cup run to look back on, maybe even a semi-final but when you wake up in May what you will have to look forward to is yet another season of 3rd division football.

hirstyboywonder
24-02-2014, 10:30 PM

Yet the first thing you think to do when we lose is jump on here?
Who is really the sad one.

Your board has gone into overdrive tonight judging by the number of threads started about us. Is it a sign of relief?

The poll on blunts mad stated you wanted Charlton so you have got your wish.

Don't know why its such a big deal to you that we have lost against a Championship side, as disappointing as it is for us it must surely be more disappointing to you that you have lost so many 3rd division games this season?

originaltrueblade
24-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Your season is over. Watch the Blades is the QF you know you want to

Hykeham8lade
24-02-2014, 10:55 PM
come on chaps, man up!
This is exactly what you guys do to us, you've been harping on about getting to wembley all week now take the grief you've invited like big boys.

Katchouro
24-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Looking forward to it.

We fluffed our lines tonight, shocking first half and poor 2nd goal. On another night we would easily have scored at least 2 but it wasn't to be.

When the dust settles you will have a good cup run to look back on, maybe even a semi-final but when you wake up in May what you will have to look forward to is yet another season of 3rd division football.[/quote]

XD XD XD

And the award for 'Bitterest Pig' goes to ...

It's reactions like yours pinthirsty that make it all worthwhile. As our old mucker banno would say - 'dry thee eyes kid'.

Wembley! XD XD XD

hirstyboywonder
24-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Looking forward to it.

When the dust settles you will have a good cup run to look back on, maybe even a semi-final but when you wake up in May what you will have to look forward to is yet another season of 3rd division football.[/quote]

XD XD XD

And the award for 'Bitterest Pig' goes to ...

It's reactions like yours pinthirsty that make it all worthwhile. As our old mucker banno would say - 'dry thee eyes kid'.

Wembley! XD XD XD[/quote]

How is it bitter?
Disappointing yes but not bitter, after all your good

endhouseblade17
24-02-2014, 11:39 PM
HOME OF THE PIGS...with fans that have been way too scared to come on here for almost 2 years.

Cannot believe some of the posts on oink mad, some of your lot are happy about not having a Sheffield derby with the winner to go to Wembley. Pi5s poor pigs.helmut bellend **** poor post from a PIG

endhouseblade17
24-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Looking forward to it.

When the dust settles you will have a good cup run to look back on, maybe even a semi-final but when you wake up in May what you will have to look forward to is yet another season of 3rd division football.[/quote]CORRECT glad you think same as us PIG

hoothoot
25-02-2014, 12:50 AM

LOL at you snorters *anking yourselves silly because we've lost one game, one can only imagine the mess you would make had you beaten us to promotion by three points after being in pole position all season. XD XD XD XD ;D

banno
25-02-2014, 12:58 AM
Your season is over. Watch the Blades is the QF you know you want to

I hope you're right about our season being over :-)
Quite a few pork underestimating a side that has beaten both Sheffield clubs in recent years and a side that is far better than them.
And they call us arrogant.
We've missed out on a decent pay day and a trip to Wembley, that's the way it goes sometimes.

originaltrueblade
25-02-2014, 05:51 AM
Missed out on a Wembley pay day, there is the arrogance again, why because you would have lost in the QF.

Most of you thought you only had to turn up to beat Charlton. You will never learn

helmut_rooster
25-02-2014, 06:13 AM

You didn't play last night pig.

helmut_rooster
25-02-2014, 06:14 AM
I can post the Quarter Final programme on here for you all to see if you like

If it has a picture of a pig on the front then please don't bother.

helmut_rooster
25-02-2014, 06:18 AM

Cannot believe some of the posts on oink mad, some of your lot are happy about not having a Sheffield derby with the winner to go to Wembley. Pi5s poor pigs.helmut bellend **** poor post from a PIG[/quote]

How is my post a poor one, everything in there is fact, when was the last time you posted on here pig?

Ps...With a user like BELLend house how can you call anyone a bellend?

THICK PIG
XD XD XD XD XD XD

helmut_rooster
25-02-2014, 06:19 AM
Missed out on a Wembley pay day, there is the arrogance again, why because you would have lost in the QF.

Most of you thought you only had to turn up to beat Charlton. You will never learn

Arrogance XD

Have you not read any of these posts from you fellow pig XD

awayowl
25-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Well, I will upset a few and say, I hope the blades do well. We committed a cardinal sin in thinking we would walk it, and I really feared this is how it would turn out.
The blades have had a good run in the cup, better than us with the victories they had, so good luck hope you get further.

sheffgrow
25-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Well, I will upset a few and say, I hope the blades do well. We committed a cardinal sin in thinking we would walk it, and I really feared this is how it would turn out.
The blades have had a good run in the cup, better than us with the victories they had, so good luck hope you get further.

Finally the voice of reason!!

Rotherhamowl10
25-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Welcome back to owlsmad everybody, if you find the bottle to stay around a bit longer then I may see you around.

18B89
25-02-2014, 12:19 PM
if you find the bottle to stay around a bit longer then I may see you around.

You planning on losing more often piggy ? XD

hirstyboywonder
25-02-2014, 02:40 PM

Isn't it just as arrogant for you to say we would have lost in the quarter-final?

braggyowl
25-02-2014, 03:11 PM
haha gotta laugh at the pigs coming on here now...Where were they all when we got promotion and left them behind in the third division...

It's still hurting em big time and they know it. ;)

originaltrueblade
25-02-2014, 03:31 PM
LOVE IT.
UP THE B L A D E S! Quarter Finalists and maybe Wembley!

No maybe for you lot is there

braggyowl
25-02-2014, 03:32 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaah Wembley...Great record there haven't you...XD XD XD XD XD

Sherman
25-02-2014, 03:38 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaah Wembley...Great record there haven't you...XD XD XD XD XD

and when will you oinkers be making your debut at the new Wembley, anyway at least you'll avoid the tunnel.XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

braggyowl
25-02-2014, 03:41 PM
What's the point of you lot gonna the new Wembley...IF you get there...You never win owt XD XD XD

Has Simmo's ball landed yet! XD XD XD XD

Sherman
25-02-2014, 03:43 PM
oh dear we are hurting aren't we.XD
set of arrogant W...S.

braggyowl
25-02-2014, 03:45 PM
set of arrogant W...S.

Not at all...

Just happen to think that you are a fckin idiot mentioning Wembley...Thinking you're already there...

Sherman
25-02-2014, 03:48 PM
set of arrogant W...S.

Not at all...

Just happen to think that you are a fckin idiot mentioning Wembley...Thinking you're already there...[/quote]

You P...k , im talking about, at least we have been to the new Wembley. :zzz:

braggyowl
25-02-2014, 03:49 PM
...And won nowt...XD XD XD XD

Simmo's pen...XD XD XD

Sherman
25-02-2014, 03:51 PM
...And won nowt...XD XD XD XD

Simmo's pen...XD XD XD

still been though, Arsenal spring to mind. XD XD XD XD XD

braggyowl
25-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Nay, we'll just sit back and remember the good times from the Millenium Stadium..When we took 42,000 and had a great day. ;)

originaltrueblade
28-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Will you lot be watching the mighty BLADES ON Sunday?

braggyowl
28-02-2014, 07:44 AM
No.

Mighty...XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Bluestripe
28-02-2014, 07:51 AM

Not a chance
Nor will we be sat around like you saddos on satdi afternoon...cheap radio up to your ear...underpants round your ankles...begging and praying for Wednesday to slip.
Pathetic w*nkers!

originaltrueblade
28-02-2014, 04:24 PM

Not a chance
Nor will we be sat around like you saddos on satdi afternoon...cheap radio up to your ear...underpants round your ankles...begging and praying for Wednesday to slip.
Pathetic w*nkers![/quote]

Funny that's how we view you

blades58
28-02-2014, 05:12 PM
XD

p1ssin mi sen at some of the posts in this thread

funny or what? XD XD

banno
28-02-2014, 09:55 PM

we're better than you!
we would have beaten you comfortably

Katchouro
28-02-2014, 10:28 PM
So Villa, Fulham and Forest couldn't beat us but the side that couldn't beat Rotherham and Charlton (at home) in cup competitions would have breezed passed us at the Lane.

You don't half take some nonsense bannochops. The way we're playing right now and the way you're losing right now it might have been a face saver for you to have bottled it against Chris Powell's team. We would have given you an embarrassing thrashing.

You're an awful non-descript team with a stop gap 'head coach', a squad of mediocrity and loanees and an ever decreasing amount of funds being administrated by an owner who wants shut. Be sure to give us a wave when we fly past you again.

hirstyboywonder
28-02-2014, 10:40 PM
So Villa, Fulham and Forest couldn't beat us but the side that couldn't beat Rotherham and Charlton (at home) in cup competitions would have breezed passed us at the Lane.

You don't half take some nonsense bannochops. The way we're playing right now and the way you're losing right now it might have been a face saver for you to have bottled it against Chris Powell's team. We would have given you an embarrassing thrashing.

You're an awful non-descript team with a stop gap 'head coach', a squad of mediocrity and loanees and an ever decreasing amount of funds being administrated by an owner who wants shut. Be sure to give us a wave when we fly past you again.

You have more debt than us, are making losses that are, by your own chairmans admission, only alleviated by the continual sale of players, loan players are your best players and you are still stuck in division 3.

It was only a few weeks ago you got hammered by Crewe and h

aussieowl
28-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Be sure to give us a wave when we fly past you again.

Warp factor 10...make it so, again.

braggyowl
01-03-2014, 06:07 AM
And there you have it..By Katch's own admittance...Pigs really can fly. :P

banno
01-03-2014, 09:39 AM

Yeah yeah, anyone can talk bollix but the truth is that we are now and for the foreseeable future Sheffields dominant football team.
Sorry katch but no amount of grunting will change that factamondo ;-)

Owler
02-03-2014, 04:38 PM

We all know form and league positions go out of window in a Sheffield derby probably more so in a cup quarter final so to say you'd have have thrashed us is total rubbish.

Our mediocrity team isn't doing too bad in league and for loan players haven't you lot got a few pl

Katchouro
02-03-2014, 05:01 PM
So if that's the case how come Fryatt, Wickhamm, Best and Afobe have kept Atdhe Nuhiu out of the team for most of the season?

You haven't really thought this one through have you Owler? You've brought in loans because your squad is deficient and not fit for purpose.

braggyowl
03-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Yeah right Katch...Just like we were a one man team with Wickham eh...That's why we've just won our last two league games on the bounce withiout him.

The only thing that's bugging you my little pink friend is the fact that we're winning games and getting comfy in the table...You'd better throw away your betting slip Katch..You're gonna win nowt this year on THE WEDNESDAY going down. ;)

Katchouro
04-03-2014, 12:09 AM
You're confused braggy. As far back as Jones being in the middle of his record breaking bad run I predicted you'd finish 18th.

But this thread isn't about the Wednesday bottlers it's about the mouth-watering upcoming quarter final game against Charlton.

You shouldn't wish your life away but I really can't wait for the kick off, in the words of footballer and pointer James Harper "I'm buzzing". The Posh first though, think we might be due a loss later today ... but this week was only ever going to be about the Cup.

awayowl
04-03-2014, 07:21 AM
Katch, I don't know why you try and use the fact MM wants to sell the club as a stick to beat us. Its been well known since he took over he would sell the club, its what he does, so not really unexpected.
And as for non descript etc, still doing better than you lot, one good cup run and an escape from 4th division obscurity does not a brilliant team make.

All that said, I do hope the cup run continues and you take it as far as possible.

braggyowl
04-03-2014, 11:19 AM
To be quite honest awayowl...I hope Charlton win 87-0...But 1-0 will do. :)

aussieowl
04-03-2014, 07:40 PM
To be quite honest awayowl...I hope Charlton win 87-0...But 1-0 will do. :)

http://i61.tinypic.com/124y6o0.jpg

Katchouro
05-03-2014, 12:38 AM
Katch, I don't know why you try and use the fact MM wants to sell the club as a stick to beat us. Its been well known since he took over he would sell the club, its what he does, so not really unexpected.
And as for non descript etc, still doing better than you lot, one good cup run and an escape from 4th division obscurity does not a brilliant team make.

All that said, I do hope the cup run continues and you take it as far as possible.

I've got to tell you. I'm not a fan of Mandaric and how he operates. He had the cheek to come out this week and accuse the media and prospective interested buyers of trying to 'destabilise the club and the fans ... what a hypocrite; these are the exact same tactics he used to acquire Wednesday. I call him a carpet bagger, and it's a title he fully justifies.

Problem for Mandaric is that he overestimated the market and he now finds that he can't sell you and as a going concern you are costing h

aussieowl
05-03-2014, 02:37 AM
Bit harsh calling Mandy a carpetbagger, I've no doubt he would have expected/hoped to make a profit on selling Wednesday but why not, he's a businessman who likes football, he's helped us enormously & knowingly took a risk buying us...hardly carpetbagger credentials.

As for the small minded bitter post...come on, it's not normal for Blades/Owls to wish each other good cup runs/promotion etc...I acknowledge & give credit where due, United are on a great run of wins, I think it's impressive & I actually like Nigel Clough, I think he'll do very well for you guys but I'm hardly going to wish the Blades win the cup am I...that's for their own fans to do not us Owls...if any Owl DOES wish you win it then that's their choice, I'm just saying it's not the norm.

Let's say United do win the cup, I'd congratulate, be happy for my Blade mates but I wouldn't like it...if that makes me small minded well then yeah...I'm small minded.

braggyowl
05-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Katch is doing it again aussie...Moving the goal posts yet again!
He speaks of hypocrites and a couple of Wednesdayites not wishing his team well...But on their board the other week he openly typed..For evereyone and their dog to see, that he wanted Charlton to beat us so they could play them in the next round..

This pig doesn't know what planet he's on half the time...I want Charlton to beat them...I'm small and bitter, He wants Charlton to beat us...Everything's ok...More bobar Katch logic.

aussieowl
06-03-2014, 02:30 AM
Here you go Katch...try these, need to save your back with all that lugging heavy posts around..;)

http://i60.tinypic.com/2mwcfp0.jpg

braggyowl
06-03-2014, 01:52 PM
XD XD XD XD

Katchouro
06-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Very harsh. The circumstances of the games are completely different - if you ask me awayowl's got the right idea.

As for Mandaric aussie. I've got a feeling, and I'm not usually wrong about these things, that in 10 years time you'll have harsher words to say about the predatory immoral Vojvodinian than I will.

Back on topic though, Sunday. Clough's Red and White Wizards on a 8 game winning streak, not conceding chances never mind goals, powered by a Celtic army of young hungry talented Scots against Chris Powell's brave do or die Ad****s, stuttering in the league but battling like lions in the cup ... it's gonna be MASSIVE.

I'm nervous, braggy's nervous, if you're reading this post you're probably nervous. In the immortal words of the Walrus of Love Barry White "Let's get it ooowwwwnn!".

aussieowl
06-03-2014, 09:51 PM
As for Mandaric aussie. I've got a feeling, and I'm not usually wrong about these things, that in 10 years time you'll have harsher words to say about the predatory immoral Vojvodinian than I will.

Can't see it Katch...it's been seven years since Dave Allen, a bloke who caused more damage to Wednesday than Mandy ever will & I don't give him a second thought...though I do give him credit for keeping Master Bates from our door.

Bluestripe
08-03-2014, 08:52 PM
crikey, Charlton - bottom of championship
Surely sheff utd couldn't fall at their LEAST difficult hurdle?

After AV, Fulham, Nforest then...biggest of all...dodging that critical Wednesday bullet :O XD
..they MUST triumph?

Katchouro
08-03-2014, 11:36 PM
We take nothing for granted. Clough's management is all about hard work, effective tactics and respecting the opposition.

If your arrogant players had applied themselves against Charlton instead of thinking they just had to turn up you'd be looking forward to a derby tomorrow instead of embarrassing yourselves in Yeovil.

You're right about us having a great run though. I remember 7 years ago Notts County had a similar run in the league cup, beating Premiership teams away ... they got to the last 8 and faced Wycombe at home, they lost 1-0. It happens, and as we all know 'It's a funny old game Saint'. One thing's for sure though, if we lose this board will be a helluva lot busier and we'll have a fair few of your lot popping up on the marquee club's board.

aussieowl
09-03-2014, 12:20 AM
If your arrogant players had applied themselves against Charlton

So the players are arrogant as well now..XD

I love a myth that grows exponentially.

originaltrueblade
09-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Que Sara Sara were going to WEMBLALEE QUE SARA SARA

aussieowl
09-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Que Sara Sara were going to WEMBLALEE QUE SARA SARA

XD XD ...not settled down then yet, can't say as I blame ya..;)

Katchouro
09-03-2014, 07:38 PM
If we do play the blunts and beat them as we rightly should, Katch will do another disappearing act for 2 years :D

Looks like I'll be sticking around then SP.

And you say my predictions are bad. XD

It's all about the Blades.

aussieowl
09-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Sup wi thi Katch...that remark next door isn't your usual...you sound bitter owd pal, how so?

braggyowl
10-03-2014, 01:30 PM
mmmm...

Katchouro
10-03-2014, 07:21 PM
I've got to tell you aussie, yesterday was an emotional day. The euphoria of the crowd, my little lads first taste of cup glory - and around big games like this you can't help but let you mind wander back to similar games and achievements that you celebrated with people who aren't around anymore.

Wasn't having a go at you pal or anyone else on this network. But the adrenalin got me a bit ****y with this dark cloud of anonymous online spite, hate and bitterness not giving United due credit for what is an incredible achievement considering the first four months of the season.

Feet back on terra firma now though. ;) Bring on Carlisle.

aussieowl
10-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Fair enough Katch...football can be like that.

Rotherhamowl10
11-03-2014, 08:40 AM
"dark cloud of anonymous online spite, hate and bitterness not giving United due credit for what is an incredible achievement"

There is a thread on here started by Braggy that does the exact thing you are accusing us of not doing...you might struggle to find it between all the spam and lack of class threads started from originaltrueblade.

Katchouro
11-03-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm not accusing anyone on here of anything.

Ordinarily I'm fine with the panto rivalry between United and Wednesday - in fact I prefer it to the faux congratulations.

But with the blood pumping from the occasion I got a bit spiteful with the 'if Charlton would have played like that against us we'd have won' 'we'd have beat United' brigade from the likes of Owlstalk and twitter.

Where are banno and SP by the way? ... I'll be surprised if they give Clough's United an ounce of credit. If I remember correctly banno was tipping Charlton.

banno
11-03-2014, 05:53 PM

Ordinarily I'm fine with the panto rivalry between United and Wednesday - in fact I prefer it to the faux congratulations.

But with the blood pumping from the occasion I got a bit spiteful with the 'if Charlton would have played like that against us we'd have won' 'we'd have beat United' brigade from the likes of Owlstalk and twitter.

Where are banno and SP by the way? ... I'll be surprised if they give Clough's United an ounce of credit. If I remember correctly banno was tipping Charlton.

correctamondo
I'm not going to give you any credit :)
i didn't really tip charlton, more i said that i could see them beating us both (if i'm honest i didn't really think past us getting beat)
all joking aside, its good that the minnows get to the latter rounds of the cup every now and again, well done.
now put it to bed as most of Sheffield couldn't care less about the cup ;)

Rotherhamowl10
12-03-2014, 09:08 AM

I would take everything you read on Twitter with a pinch of salt.

Charlton did play like that against us...the difference was they got the first goal and put us under pressure, where as they missed a sitter against your and you went onto win - deservedly.

Personally, Clough is a manager you just cant hate. He has always spoke highly of SWFC and I thought he did a good job at Derby and Burton.

Katchouro
12-03-2014, 09:54 AM
With that impromptu bit of bitterness from bannochops cosmic order is once again at a state of equilibrium.

I agree that Clough is hard to dislike, although Forest fans seemed to manage it ... he's in the Speed and Sturrock mould. Both Sheffield clubs with hard working unassuming mangers both schooled by Brian Clough, a big departure from the OTT villainary and theatrics of Megson and Neil.

aussieowl
12-03-2014, 07:55 PM

I would take everything you read on Twitter with a pinch of salt.

Charlton did play like that against us...the difference was they got the first goal and put us under pressure, where as they missed a sitter against your and you went onto win - deservedly.

Personally, Clough is a manager you just cant hate. He has always spoke highly of SWFC a