PDA

View Full Version : Another defeat in Perth

jwok
25-02-2014, 09:36 PM
That was poor, uninspired, out of touch, without a shot on target, etc, etc, etc.... - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/another_defeat_in_perth_825857/index.shtml)

steviex
25-02-2014, 09:43 PM
That was poor, uninspired, out of touch, without a shot on target, etc, etc, etc...

There is one bright spot with ICT now so close on our heels we might not have to moan about how much money European Football costs us.

skippy91
25-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Realistically were can wave goodbye to finishing top three. Its one thing getting beat over several games by the odd goal but the performances away from home have been dire with far too many goals being conceded. Fourth place at best, having said that, at the start of the season with the squad I would have taken it.

meister1991
25-02-2014, 10:13 PM
our record against top 6 clubs is disgusting, disgusting.

Thankfully it's excellent against the bottom clubs.

Wellup4it
26-02-2014, 12:14 AM
Probably our worst performance of the season. There was no fight, no determination and we were way off the pace. No self belief and we defended far too deeply making it hard for ourselves. John Sutton was a forlorn spectator in the first half. In the second we had a fair bit of possession but never troubled their goalie.

We have a small squad and too many injuries but its now time to bring in a young lad or two. If they play poorly they'll be doing no worse than one or two first picks.

Craig Reid was one of our successes tonight and in my view will take some shifting from right back berth.

Match officials had no game changing decisions but my goodness me they did us no favours with some very bizarre calls.

dazlhigh
26-02-2014, 10:58 AM
It's not surprising that we've returned from the grounds of two other top-six teams with no points, though the level of performance was a bit disappointing, to say the least of it.
But we're not out of it. Some of the challengers round about us have to play each other before the split; they can't all get full points! And that's not to mention possible cup diversions for some of them.
We have points on the board; it's still in our own hands.

Yazz
26-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Any more of this shyte and Utd/Caley will push us down the table ... and perhaps Saints too.

Wellup4it
26-02-2014, 11:58 PM
I was unfortunate enough to be at our last two games. Now I'm not expecting us to play world class football or score barrowloads of goals or win every game but I do expect to see a team that competes and shows some spirit and determination. We didn't even get that.