PDA

View Full Version : Who REALLY Knows??

MillerforScotland
26-02-2014, 06:55 AM
I've just been looking at "The Forum Whinge" thread on The Cumbrians Board and the thought just struck me that BOTH sides of any discussion always appear to have an expert who is "in the know"
Read the part about Phillip Days rumoured proposals for involvement in the club for example.
Two very different scenarios on that subject alone.:?
So that leads me to the question:
Who REALLY Knows what s going on at the club?
It appears to be like some kind of Secret Society, where information is drip fed at strategic times and to a select few.
Then the rumours and myths begin!!

orfc
26-02-2014, 10:09 AM
It's well known there's a whole secret cabal working on exploiting the assets of carlisle united, both known AND UNKNOWN, and it involves a range of businessmen and other figures who would shock you if they were revealed as many of those concerned are presumed to be dead. Anyone with a bit of nous can easily follow the trail through a series of shell companies if you have the right knowledge and place to start (hint: the isle of man!) and ultimately concerns a number of companies whose books are not what they seem!!!!

Though, on the other hand, it may well just be three businessmen bumbling along with their hobby company, and wondering how to pay back fred's money on a falling income 'cos it's becoming increasingly awkward when they meet at the local chamber of commerce dinners, and they certainly wouldn't be friends if they rammed the club into admin or passed the club onto someone who didn't know fred personally, and he ended up looking like the big bad asset-stripping baron just t

malsy
26-02-2014, 10:14 AM
I think we all have a fair idea, the loan, the land, the 'Ower Yonder' project, the Trust, Baron Stonybroke, the ugly sisters, buttons, the scheming Abanazer,...there's only one bit of bullsh it I will never swallow - AŁ20million to do up BP - naa! Still the pantomime continues. :-/

bluegadge
26-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Bang On Malsy

And now the clueless BOD who could have got the ground done up / built a new one in one of the worst financial crisis in living memory for ROCK BOTTOM builders rates

By the time they get their act together Construction prices will have leapt up probably 25% from the lowest point as the countries economy carries on improving

Bloody useless...Massive missed opportunity