PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to be cheerful

duschko
26-02-2014, 12:34 PM
I refuse to allow the deflating experience of last night to get me down and have therefore struggled to dredge up a few positive points...
-The pitch was better than you would have supposed bearing in mind the number of postponements
-The stewards and staff were exceptionally friendly and seemed to enjoy their jobs
-The Stevenage fans seemed a happy bunch of souls, considering they support a very poor team, and the atmosphere around the ground was rather more pleasant than a recent away game (if less enjoyable)
-The compact stadium was easy to find and there was plenty of free parking
-I got a very clear view of the goal and the fact that their keeper didn't have a serious save to make
-You could clearly hear the public address
-The framed photos of the Alex in the toilets were a nice touch
-I was warmer than Batman and Robin
-In Luton there is a sign to the Vale Cemetery and Crematorium
-I got home by 1am despite the best efforts of those responsible for closing parts of the M6 becaus

crewedaft
26-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Excellent - I too enjoyed the pitiful whining from Man Utd fans on the drive home - what a bunch of sad, whinging gloryhunters!

To be fair to the home fans - there were only 1700 of them but they created more noise than most teams (including us) with 2 or 3 times that amount.

The only plus side from the game itself was that nobody (as far as I am aware) got injured.

AlexLeicester
26-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Nobody injured?? How's about hurt pride?

I agree with many of Duschko's comments, plus: 1. A decent pint of Greene King IPA in their little club house; and 2. Including the 'pleasure' of applauding the losers after extra time, the walk across the busy dual carriageway to the muddy car park, and constant roadworks on the M1, it was great to be home at 11.30 (largely thanks to ignoring SatNav and going via the airport).

We just have to shrug this defeat off, use as many ridiculous excuses as we can think of, and settle down to playing better for the rest of this season. I still think we can do it ... just.