PDA

View Full Version : New car

DeeMo
27-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Going to be buying the missus a new car today or tomorrow. Got 9k to spend, she wants a brand new or ex demo. Looking at Hyundai i20, Kia Rio or Mazda 2 from Arnold Clarks all around that price. Don't hae a car to trade in as I now need a car that my company car has gone :(
Has anyone had experiences of one of these or can recommend any other car ?

DeezAreGood
27-02-2014, 11:49 AM
an ex deemo would be ideal, for this forum.

DeeMo
27-02-2014, 12:00 PM
an ex deemo would be ideal, for this forum.That's actually pretty funny Deez XD XD XD Any advice on a car though ?

Ed_ScottishFitba
27-02-2014, 12:05 PM
an ex deemo would be ideal, for this forum.That's actually pretty funny Deez XD XD XD Any advice on a car though ?[/quote]

Avoid ex demo models as they are cut price for a reason. All manner of folk will have f***ed up the gears etc on test drives

DeeMo
27-02-2014, 12:15 PM
an ex deemo would be ideal, for this forum.That's actually pretty funny Deez XD XD XD Any advice on a car though ?[/quote]

Avoid ex demo models as they are cut price for a reason. All manner of folk will have f***ed up the gears etc on test drives[/quote]Cheers Ed, I will avoid the ex demos. Can you recommend any of the cars we are going to look at or even a different make or model ?

Ed_ScottishFitba
27-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Sorry, the experts on cars of the family are out.

noahrab
27-02-2014, 01:12 PM
New cars, holidays and gambling.

Typical DAB spendthrift behaviour.

Red_Zeppelin
27-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Going to be buying the missus a new car today or tomorrow. Got 9k to spend, she wants a brand new or ex demo. Looking at Hyundai i20, Kia Rio or Mazda 2 from Arnold Clarks all around that price. Don't hae a car to trade in as I now need a car that my company car has gone :(

I'm in the same boat masel, kind of.

I'm looking for a small/city car for general day to day driving about town. Got a landy for motorway/winter driving etc.

so far I like the look o the hyundai i10, skoda citigo or vw up...you get some good deals with 0% finance oer 3/5 years on some models. I've no trade in so just need to decide on whats best.

Another one thats caught my eye is the vauxhall adam...great looking car...but its a case o fur coat and no knickers syndrome...performance o the adam is poor going by reviews.

also considered the second hand market...like the look of an audi

DeeMo
27-02-2014, 01:42 PM

Typical DAB spendthrift behaviour. I can do what I want with my money Noah, I earned it. Anyway can you advise me at all ?

angusros
27-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Number 1 do not deal with Arnold Shark. You have been warned.

Best small car is probably a Fiesta pricey though.

The Hyundai and Kias have great warranties but are dull as dishwater.

A Fiat 500 or Panda are good cars and good value.

If you ho smaller a Toyota Aygo is a cracking well built and cheap wee car.

DeeMo
27-02-2014, 01:45 PM

I'm in the same boat masel, kind of.

I'm looking for a small/city car for general day to day driving about town. Got a landy for motorway/winter driving etc.

so far I like the look o the hyundai i10, skoda citigo or vw up...you get some good deals with 0% finance oer 3/5 years on some models. I've no trade in so just need to decide on whats best.

Another one thats caught my eye is the vauxhall adam...great looking car...but its a case o fur coat and no knickers syndrome...performance o the adam is poor going by reviews.

also considered

DandieBee
27-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Number 1 do not deal with Arnold Shark. You have been warned.

Couldn't agree more. Overpriced, horrendous customer service, horrendous mechanical work and they will try to screw you out of money at every opportunity they can.

The The Rangers of the motoring world

noahrab
27-02-2014, 02:11 PM

Typical DAB spendthrift behaviour. I can do what I want with my money Noah, I earned it. Anyway can you advise me at all ?[/quote]

Here's some free advice.

Stop pretending yer a Dee DABmo.

521buc
27-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Have a look at the Dacia range,

Dacia Logan estate no frills starts under 7k brand spanking
Good if you have dogs.
They also have other good for value new cars..

They sell them in Brechin and also Dundee.worth a peek..I'm thinking about the estate myself..

I'm sure they are made by Renault..some good review as well certainly worth a look..

DITA
27-02-2014, 03:52 PM
VW Golf.

You can thank me later.

:star: :star:

herewego10inarow
27-02-2014, 08:27 PM

Good if you have dogs.

They sell them in Brechin and also Dundee.worth a peek..I'm thinking about the estate myself..

I'm sure they are made by Renault..some good review as well certainly worth a look..

cheap engineering.cheap electrics..cheap suspension...cut backs in all directions,,in short a pile of crap that will have little or no sell on value

Just bought a brand spanking new Mitsu ASX...absolute smashing motor...the moral of the story is,,you get what you pay for

push the boat out..oh and go Japanese

Goodie7
27-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Pointless buying a brand new car deemo, money lost as soon as its driven. Buy a second hand focus or golf. 59 plate onwards, cant go wrong with them.

BertrandRussell
27-02-2014, 08:33 PM

YER A DAB! >:(

Dullard
27-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Pointless buying a brand new car deemo, money lost as soon as its driven. Buy a second hand focus or golf. 59 plate onwards, cant go wrong with them.

You cn easily go wrong with either of those if you buy a diesel.

These Diesel Particle Filters are a pain in the fecking erse. The manafacturers have no been telling anyone they,ve been fitting them and the damn things will block within 20,000 miles if you only do town driving.

noahrab
27-02-2014, 10:04 PM

Good if you have dogs.

A modern day Trabant.

scots
27-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Rolls Royce do nice cars or consider Bentleys if your short of dish

Hairdrier
27-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Absolutely avoid diesels, for the DPF reason, plus it makes no sense unless you over 15k miles/year. Good small cars new are Ford Fiesta, Toyota Yaris, Hyundai i20.

Redford
28-02-2014, 07:26 AM

Forget those mate , go for something with a bit of class, Renault MEGANE CC CC 2.0 VVT Dynamique 2dr 1998cc, 2 previous owners but VGC & custom license plate ;) - view external link (http://www.lookersusedcarsupermarket.co.uk/first-time-buyers/2626/renault-megane-cc-cc)

gersforme
28-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Renaults are pysh, you'll need a spare exhaust for when it falls off, they all do.

DeeMo
28-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Cheers for all the advice lads. After an afternoon of trailing round garages and test driving cars Mrs DeeMo picked her new car. She went for a Kia Picanto VR7 in black. Not my choice bit it's her car and she loves it. I drove it and I must admit was quite impressed. Anyway got a cracking deal and three years servicing for 99 pounds. It's also got free road tax and is group 2 insurance. Should get 65miles to the gallon out of it so all in all cheap to run. That with the 7 year warranty included makes it not a bad choice for her. As I say not my choice but it's her car and she is chuffed to bits so that's all that matters
I thought she would hae went for a slightly bigger car but she didnt