PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Park

Timon
27-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Signed on a one month loan from Middlesbrough. Scottish U21s left winger, though I thought our own Scottish U21 left winger was doing pretty well of late.:? Seems SD has become the Loan Arranger.

Hope the loan form spells Middlesbrough a little better than the official site, don't want to field an ineligible through faulty paperwork XD

NewtoCrewe
27-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Hopefully this will give us another attacking option by allowing Inman to move into his natural position of central/attacking midfield.
Although disappointed with the result against boro, i think we can get 3 points against Swindon as they will chase a game not park a bus...
2-1 Alex.

AlexLeicester
27-02-2014, 02:33 PM
The addition of Park gives us a 6-man attack - Moore, Pogs, Chuks, Brad and Ikpeazu. Perhaps this is move by SD is because Ikpeazu is either unfit or prone to injury, or both?

Pogs is improving every minute; Chuks is becoming a goal-bound attacker as well
as a 'feeder'; Inman is always a threat and he knows what that white frame thing with the net is; and Moore just might be getting back to his best.

Of the six, three are loanees; Inman and Pogs can be true stars; and Moore needs to show how effective he is if he wants to command a good move this summer.

Hey Ho, it's SD's decision, but I do think our defence needs the shoring up, not so much the attack.

alexmick
27-02-2014, 04:49 PM
So who is the landlord going to evict next to accommodate this new winger? Once Uche is back and firing on all cylinders, Steve will have a real headache, as it is no use him deciding to use those left on the bench, as impact players, as he does not do substitutes. He has already put Garrett in his place. Who is next in line? Evans, Inman, Moore (again) or Grant? Could have the undesired effect on the lads who are giving their all for the cause.

VindePays2009
27-02-2014, 05:31 PM
I think he's congratulating himself on the results of the "tough love" he has bestowed on some of these players, Mick.

SD may just be lucky that he didn't alienate them permanently. The shrink's apprentice is something that we can do without.

Maybe Garratt can look across Cheshire at the example of Owain Fon Williams, and think himself comparatively lucky in the way he's being treated.

As for Cameron Park, do we really need a winger with a like a Duncan Ballantyne health spa?

whosbrianwilson
27-02-2014, 05:32 PM
To be fair to Steve, he is just ensuring we have enough for the run in when the window has closed.
Uche has managed less than 90 minutes in total so far, so at this stage cannot be relied on.

5 subs on Tuesday says it all.

And he can't win with Ben. If he doesn't sign anyone and Ben has a serious wobble (which all young players do) and can't sign another keeper - just think of the stick he'd get.

Damned if he does...

number1stuartevans
27-02-2014, 05:58 PM
hmmm 5 subs on tuesday but a full squad out for the u21 game? Don't understand that one I'm afraid surely at least a chance for the likes of baillie, murdoch, saunders etc to have a sniff around what its like to be with the first team? Even if they weren't going to get on the pitch be good experience for them?

whosbrianwilson
28-02-2014, 09:09 AM
I can't speak for Steve obviously, but I would have thought that in the long tern development plan of the likes of baillie, murdoch, saunders etc, the last place he wants them is having seven shades of s**t kicked out of them by Stevenage.

somersetcrewe
28-02-2014, 11:16 AM
... the last place he wants them is having seven shades of s**t kicked out of them by Stevenage.

And I don't doubt that at all.
3 or 4 years ago, Nick Powell came on as sub there (his debut?) in the game where we wore their yellow kit - and boy! did Stevenage pick on him once he'd turned a couple of their players!
He turned out ok though! ;D

number1stuartevans
28-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Did I not say take them just for the experience?
I did say that didnt I? Thought I did lol ;D
" Even if they weren't going to get on the pitch be good experience for them? "

jwar123
28-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Murdoch and Saunders are injured

fatfakir
28-02-2014, 03:45 PM
hmmm 5 subs on tuesday but a full squad out for the u21 game? Don't understand that one I'm afraid surely at least a chance for the likes of baillie, murdoch, saunders etc to have a sniff around what its like to be with the first team? Even if they weren't going to get on the pitch be good experience for them?

Hardly a full squad for the U21s tho. Just the starting 11 and 4 subs, and ten of them lads were from the Academy...

Take your point that maybe Steve could have put a couple of lads on the bench.

AlsagerCrewie
28-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Hopefully this is to move inman into the middle. He was originally a CM at Newcastle and I'd love to see what he could produce in the 'Murphy" role.

One_Dean_Ashton
28-02-2014, 04:31 PM
[quote="AlsagerCrewie" role.[/quote]

That's what i was hoping. Although official site says that Nolan is set to keep his place. Possibly one of Steve's little bluffs

alexmick
28-02-2014, 04:40 PM
That's what i was hoping. Although official site says that Nolan is set to keep his place. Possibly one of Steve's little bluffs

I hope you are correct, because I personally don't think that young Nolan is good enough for this level just yet. Seeing as he has signed this lad, then I agree, play him on the left wing and move Inman into the central midfield. We have been crying out for a Murphy style thrusting player all season. He and Grant could form a useful partnership.

NewtoCrewe
28-02-2014, 07:36 PM
It's the one move that SD hasn't done this season! I think has been reluntant due to the fact he hasn't had another Left winger...
Well now he has, I know Chuks is creative but from what i seen Inman is as well. Nolan & Waters are players for the future but it's now that matters and playing your strongest team formation with your best players suited to those positions is a MUST..
They will be involved but THIS game is the start to safety.

alexmick
28-02-2014, 08:12 PM
It's the one move that SD hasn't done this season! I think has been reluntant due to the fact he hasn't had another Left winger...
Well now he has, I know Chuks is creative but from what i seen Inman is as well. Nolan & Waters are players for the future but it's now that matters and playing your strongest team formation with your best players suited to those positions is a MUST..
They will be involved but THIS game is the start to safety.

I would not be surprised if this new lad plays, but not in place on Inman on the left wing, but ousts Byron from the right wing. I have subsequently learnt that Park can play on both sides of the "park". That would mean that Evans (who I reckon will return tomorrow) will be preferred in midfield, with Inman keeping his place out on the left. That would be tough on Byron, as I heard he played well in the last two encounters. But, what do I know!