PDA

View Full Version : Shaw, Lallana, Rodriguez & SRL - all in the squad..

PapaLazarou
27-02-2014, 03:06 PM
..for England's game against Denmark next week.

B)

harvey_7
27-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Shows how far we've come, absolutely brilliant to see! :D

CostaBaz
27-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Would be really good if they could be on the pitch at the same time.

Shaw, behind JRod, would be beneficial to both players.

Surprised, but happy B) that Carroll has been ignored. Will hopefully put a spring in Lambert's step, just in time for Liverpool..

Would expect Roy to be at SMS, Saturday, to watch almost 30% of his squad, in action.

Pentridge
27-02-2014, 05:39 PM
I wonde how many will make the final 23 man squad?

chiswickmart
27-02-2014, 05:41 PM
You might want to check your maths Baz, 13% would be nearer the correct figure.

It's a 30 man squad.

Edit: Apologies, assume you included the Scousers too so 30% is spot on.

I'd predict just 1 for the final 23 though, Lallana.

OhWell
27-02-2014, 06:47 PM
I'd predict just 1 for the final 23 though.

You can dream :D

And so many more coming through. It won't be long before there are 5 or 6 Saints players in the England squad: - view external link (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/callum-chambers-one-four-southampton-3179688)

ShottermillSaint
27-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Congratulations to Luke
I will win a £20 bet with a Millwall supporting mate if and when Luke makes his international debut, we were both at the cup game at The New Den a couple of years ago when Luke made his debut and he laughed when i said Luke would play for England as soon as he stepped on the pitch.

Hopefully another pal has sorted out some tickets for the game next week, proud moment as a Saints fan seeing Jay and Adam make their debuts against Chile, shame the following 90 minutes we rubbish though!

OhWell
27-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Congratulations to Luke
I will win a A?20 bet with a Millwall supporting mate if and when Luke makes his international debut, we were both at the cup game at The New Den a couple of years ago when Luke made his debut and he laughed when i said Luke would play for England as soon as he stepped on the pitch.

Hopefully another pal has sorted out some tickets for the game next week, proud moment as a Saints fan seeing Jay and Adam make their debuts against Chile, shame the following 90 minutes we rubbish though!

I am glad I was at Wembley for Lambert's England debut. What a game that was.

reserves67
28-02-2014, 12:28 AM
Rodriguez isn't international quality and never will be. Luke shaw is still learning but may make it one day. Lallana is a decent player and hopefully should be in the 23 but would need to improve on his last showing for England as he was poor.Mind you, Sturridge was terrible and looked outclassed and he's almost certainly going.

OhWell
28-02-2014, 12:35 AM
Rodriguez isn't international quality and never will be. Luke shaw is still learning but may make it one day. Lallana is a decent player and hopefully should be in the 23 but would need to improve on his last showing for England as he was poor.Mind you, Sturridge was terrible and looked outclassed and he's almost certainly going.

You are the same Worzel who said we'd be relegated this season, so you obviously don't know what you're talking about, do you?

reserves67User is Online Posts: 30Joined: January 2006Trialist8 year member

Posted 05 May 2013 20:00

it does seem as though the portsmouth board is far more upbeat about playing in league 2, than the southampton mob are regarding relegation. It is more than possible they will be relegated now.After Di Canio's boys rip them a new one, it will get even funnier. - [url=http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2112809670&page=1]view external link[/u

OhWell
28-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Another great young left back.

Matt Targett scored the winner tonight with a 25-yard free-kick:

Saints U21 1 Spurs U21 0 - view external link (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southamptons-class-2014-want-todays-3193035)

proclaimer
01-03-2014, 03:37 AM

If Roy has the courage to change things then I think Luke and Adam will both go to Brazil. Rickie will go if Carroll doesn't imo.

Brockley_Jack
01-03-2014, 07:35 AM
Makes you more proud to be a Saint! B)

I'd say Luke will take Cashley's place and Adam will be there. Now it's down to SRL and Jrod to step up a gear for the remainder of the season. It's down to them now.

reserves67
01-03-2014, 12:38 PM

You are the same Worzel who said we'd be relegated this season, so you obviously don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Actually that was last season you tool! XD XD.And i noticed you selectively cut out the part i made about your ridiculous champions league statements, for this season,which have now been proven. Typical stain doctoring quotes to tell a false lie.

As for my view on Rodriguez,get over it stain.He will never be of international quality. As for the other two the jury's still out.

Now can you stop posting as an alter ego, as your venim p

Pentridge
01-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Oww, a bit of intrigue?

Who do you think he is?

CostaBaz
01-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Having seen a comment, from Roy, saying that he wanted to play a high tempo, pressing game, in Brazil, I think JRod's chances of going have increased, so long as he keeps scoring.

OhWell
12-05-2014, 03:03 PM
chiswickmart
Posted 27 Feb 2014 17:41
re: Shaw, Lallana, Rodriguez & SRL - all in the squad..
"You might want to check your maths Baz, 13% would be nearer the correct figure.

It's a 30 man squad.

Edit: Apologies, assume you included the Scousers too so 30% is spot on.

I'd predict just 1 for the final 23 though, Lallana."

Only 66% out with that prediction.

chiswickmart
12-05-2014, 03:13 PM
If I was being naughty I'd say wait till the plane takes off and see how many of your players are on it...

Can't argue with the selections though. Shaw's form has been outstanding and he deserves to go (I'd pick him ahead of Baines too). I would have picked Lambert as well, but the fact he's going outlines the paucity of strking options we have. I would not be surprised if this is his last England call up as we look more towards youth options in the next campaign. Although Carroll is clearly not an alternative based on the rubbish he displayed yesterday.

Please to see you went searching for this though Anus...makes me laugh. XD XD XD

chiswickmart
30-05-2014, 07:07 AM
Looks like I'm getting closer, 50% now.

And lets be honest, how many of your players going to the World Cup will actually play for you again? I include Lovren in that list too...seems like Liverpool have a thing for your L players!!