PDA

View Full Version : Next up - Hearts

jwok
27-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Can we make it a clean sweep against Hearts? - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/next_up____hearts_826038/index.shtml)

Handsome_Devil
28-02-2014, 07:10 PM
The club tweeted we basically have no players - so no.

We've been lucky with injuries in recent years but things are grim now, it doesn't take much to have us struggling.

I'd be happy with a point.

dasdeid
01-03-2014, 09:21 AM
We have a SQUAD of players ... if Asda have a run of absences the store does not close nor profits affected
Those players within squad receive a salary with sole objective to play football. They should be ready to step up.
Accept nothing other than a victory ... it's Hearts FFS

However, I do acknowledge keeper situation and nothing other than replacement will amend fact we have TWO clowns.
I blame Gordon Marshall for the situation we find ourselves regards goalkeepers

sieb1886
01-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Agree in principle that we have a squad able to beat what's really a team of laddies at home. However, it wouldn't be the first time we get a slap in the face, would it?

firparkloony
01-03-2014, 10:12 AM
We have a SQUAD of players ... if Asda have a run of absences the store does not close nor profits affected
Those players within squad receive a salary with sole objective to play football. They should be ready to step up.
Accept nothing other than a victory ... it's Hearts FFS

However, I do acknowledge keeper situation and nothing other than replacement will amend fact we have TWO clowns.
I blame Gordon Marshall for the situation we find ourselves regards goalkeepers

I think it's a bit harsh to blame Gordon Marshall, if in your opinion we have two clowns, then that is what he has to work with. Given the choice I daresay he would have asked the management to sign a couple of world class keepers with whom to work. As the old saying goes you can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear!

'Mon the 'WELL

KMCAA
01-03-2014, 12:32 PM
I get the fear if gunnar is in goals, he is almost as bad as woods, hollis must play if he can, any truth we are trying to get reguero(ex caley, now killie)signed up?

a point re Gordon Marshall, if gunnar is on a low salary contract that's fair enough(he aint great) but if he is stealing a decent wage on a two year deal that's bad management, surely there is a lower league keeper that could step up and gunnar should be allowed to leave on a free if anyone is willing to take him

dasdeid
01-03-2014, 01:16 PM
I think it's a bit harsh to blame Gordon Marshall, if in your opinion we have two clowns, then that is what he has to work with. Given the choice I daresay he would have asked the management to sign a couple of world class keepers with whom to work. As the old saying goes you can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear!

My understanding the Goalkeeping Coach (Gordon Marshall) will work with club goalkeepers and improvement their technical ability.
He will influence manager with regard goalkeeping targets ... Stuart McCall has made reference to this fact.
Therefore, he must have recommended Gunner and worked with Hollis during his tenure at Fir Park.
We have TWO clowns and perhaps should consider another goalkeeping coach as making a pig ear of job !