PDA

View Full Version : Swindon (h)

Teammoo
28-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Swindon think that we may shut up shop tomorrow to stop their free flowing football. After the thrashing at their place we must be scared of them and wont be as naive this time. ;D - view external link (http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/11043271.Byrne_calls_for_the_return_of_Town___s_ea rly_season_scoring_form/?ref=var_0)

alexmick
28-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Swindon think that we may shut up shop tomorrow to stop their free flowing football. After the thrashing at their place we must be scared of them and wont be as naive this time. ;D

Swindon might just have to worry about our attacking prowess tomorrow, as it is about time we gave someone a hiding. Long time since the Alex hit five. They will tomorrow and Swindon will get just a single consolation goal. Crewe 5, Swindon 1. I have absolutely no idea who will score for us. Could be Garratt if Steve picks him to play at centre forward. ;D

NewtoCrewe
28-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Swindon might just have to worry about our attacking prowess tomorrow, as it is about time we gave someone a hiding. Long time since the Alex hit five. They will tomorrow and Swindon will get just a single consolation goal. Crewe 5, Swindon 1. I have absolutely no idea who will score for us. Could be Garratt if Steve picks him to play at centre forward. ;D

I will do have the same feeling...

Teammoo
01-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Bradders off! Why? is he injured?

AlexLeicester
01-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Inman looked out of sorts from the off. He looked ill rather than injured!

I feel we were lucky to be one down for most of the match. Swindon seemed to be in complete control and if they had players who could shoot straight we would have been destroyed.

Then came the game-changer (thanks for repeatedly pointing it out Barry :-D ) when young Billy Waters added verve and excitement to a game that was dying on its feet. Oliver's equaliser was very well taken, but it was Waters' enthusiasm that seemed to galvanise the team into action.

MotM for me was Toots with Garratt a very close second. Park Bench, well off the bench, replaced Inman and had a decent enough game considering he has only just met his team mates.

So it was 70 minutes of watching Swindon play football and the final 20 minutes of the Alex eventually coming to life and threatening to take all 3 points.

AstonAlex
01-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Agree with much of what AL says, but feel I should stand up for Brad. The right full back had a decent match and played him pretty well; the fella who fouled him (probably not given as the ref missed a lot of real fouls and penalised nothing challenges - for both sides) left his elbow in Brad's ribs and he was clearly struggling. Why the fella didn't assault Byron instead I don't know!

I didn't think Toots had a great game; they seemed to spend a lot of time in the first half attacking down our right and I thought he wasn't at his best. Garratt MotM for me; Vadaine's strike would have counted for nothing has he not made 2 or 3 top saves in the first half especially. Harry and Guthrie also secure, the latter after an iffy first 5 minutes. Byron was poor, Pogs not a lot better and Chuks had a right old curate's egg of a game.

Still, given that their manager thought it was their best performance of the season, just be grateful we wont have to face anything that good every week!!

Mojofilter
02-03-2014, 06:48 AM
Fairly happy with yesterday - we came from behind and scraped a point without really deserving it
2 things that have been lacking this season and we wouldn't be down the bottom if we'd done more of it.