PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Match Thread

Joffyw
01-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Haven't done one for about three season so thought id dip my toe in the water!

Full house, England Manager in attendance along with nearly a third of the England squad to look at, whats not to like about the Prem?

A tight game predicted but there will be goals, could go either way but I'd feel more comfortable if both Jose & Dejan are back together again.

Will be in the JT pre and possibly post so hopefully get to meet up with usual suspects.

COYS!

Brockley_Jack
01-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Missed out on a ticket so will be watching it down the pub. COYS!

Pentridge
01-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Haven't done one for about three season so thought id dip my toe in the water!
together again.

COYS!

Well as least we'll know who to blame...

Recuperation from my knee op has precluded me from today's shenanigans but have a good day all those who are attending.

Rule of thumb is that any game I should have gone to (against a big team) and for whatever reason I can't make it, is that we smash them.

So by that rationale, we should give them a good seeing to today.

Joffyw
01-03-2014, 10:49 AM
How was the op Pents, was it a tidy up of the cartilage? Got the ACL op on Monday hence the trip down today.

Pentridge
01-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Not bad Joffs, in addition to the work on my cartilage, they had to drill some holes in the top of my shin bone.

Am up and walking but taking it easy at the mo, the funny thing is I have no swelling to the knee at all.

Pentridge
01-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Good luck with the op btw.

OhWell
01-03-2014, 01:55 PM

Don't miss out on tickets for the Newcastle game, Jack. They go on sale Monday morning: - view external link (http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/tickets/)

proclaimer
01-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Not much to say really. We huffed and puffed but no complaints from me me about the result.

saintwayne
01-03-2014, 08:25 PM
How the hell did we lose that 3-0??

Yet again we fail to take our chances, then gift them three goals. Victimpool were pretty poor but took their chances when they got them, at least they won't win the league.

Think our season's over now.

Pentridge
01-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Well, fielding under par teams in the cups so that we can finish high up the table was a cracking idea, yes?

CostaBaz
01-03-2014, 09:59 PM
When you look at the Suarez cut back for the second goal, and the number of times, when we get into similar positions, but miss our own players, you can understand why we don't score as many as we should.
Final ball always seems to be just behind, too far ahead, too high, too late, too early, too soft, too hard etc.

I think the Saints players that would have impressed Roy, would have been Lallana, Shaw and Chambers.
Lambo seemed like the invisible man, although he had a couple of good moments, and JRod seemed to lose control of the ball too easily, so will both have to improve greatly, when with England.

Davis. I think the second half shows what he brings to the team. We seemed to lose our defensive shape, as soon as he went off, with Cork and Spider having to cover a lot more space.
Gaston Looked good for 5 minutes then hugged the touch line. Why? If we could find a couple of players, with Gastons skill and Davis' work rate, we'd be a bloody good team.

Joffyw
02-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Resignation tendered for match threads...

souths1
02-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Resignation tendered for match threads...

Accepted. ;D

Brockley_Jack
02-03-2014, 09:37 AM

Don't miss out on tickets for the Newcastle game, Jack. They go on sale Monday morning:[/quote]

Sorted. My mate ain't going so he's lending me his ST. Cheers for the thought though. :star: