PDA

View Full Version : Next Sunday's Dingle game

MillHillRover
01-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Whether you're going to the game or not and you fancy an early pre-match pint Mill Hill WMC is opening the bar at 9am, If you just want to watch the game that's being shown live too every ones welcome even kids (must be 5 or over) feel free to spread the word via twitter or Facebook :)

yorkyclaret
01-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Love to join you but I am going on the game, got a feeling the Gestapo won't let me out of the compound again, if we ever play you again I'll just come over for the beer.

MillHillRover
01-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Love to join you but I am going on the game, got a feeling the Gestapo won't let me out of the compound again, if we ever play you again I'll just come over for the beer.

Yorky, If you do come over for a pint i'll make sure that the concert secretary is there as he may want to book you for a Saturday night spot because you are obviously a very funny guy when you come out with comments like " If we ever play you again " :)

alfinyalcabo
01-03-2014, 01:14 PM

XD XD XD XD XD XD @ Yorky .. :star:

Port_glasgow_Bhoy
02-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Bringing a few mates down from Glasgow for their first taste of a Rovers/Burnley game so this sounds perfect for us.

Is the WMC near the train station?

alfinyalcabo
02-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Bringing a few mates down from Glasgow for their first taste of a Rovers/Burnley game so this sounds perfect for us.

Is the WMC near the train station?

I'm Sure you will enjoy the day mate,always a great atmosphere.. You need to get off the train at Mill Hill station not Blackburn station.. I think its a 5/10 minutes walk from there.. Milly will probably add to this thread when he reads it..

Rvblue
02-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Port Glasgow there should be a good Scottish contingent around as three of my mates who support Motherwell from the good old Electric Bar want to come as well.

Port_glasgow_Bhoy
02-03-2014, 06:39 PM
"I'm Sure you will enjoy the day mate,always a great atmosphere.. You need to get off the train at Mill Hill station not Blackburn station.. I think its a 5/10 minutes walk from there.. Milly will probably add to this thread when he reads it.."

Nice one, cheers.

I went to both games last year and loved it, especially injury time of the home game ;D , so have suggested my pals experience it too.

Shame about the over the top police measures mind you but I'm sure it will still be a great occasion again.

Port_glasgow_Bhoy
02-03-2014, 06:44 PM
"Port Glasgow there should be a good Scottish contingent around as three of my mates who support Motherwell from the good old Electric Bar want to come as well"

Good to hear pal. Have met plenty of fellow Scots over the years down at Ewood.

As always for the Burnley games (with it being an early kick off and no trains leaving Glasgow early enough), I'm heading down on the Saturday and having a night out in Preston but will arrive early for a few pre match pints.

Hope they enjoy it !

alfinyalcabo
02-03-2014, 06:52 PM
[quote="Port_glasgow_Bhoy"

Nice one, cheers.

I went to both games last year and loved it, especially injury time of the home game ;D , so have suggested my pals experience it too.

Shame about the over the top police measures mind you but I'm sure it will still be a great occasion again.[/quote]

Well i hope you are all going home saying "the jammy Dingle Bastids" scoring a last minute winner this time.. B)

Font_of_knowledge
02-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Well i hope you are all going home saying "the jammy Dingle Bastids scoring a last minute winner.. I can't believe the two hat was 4 yards offside when he scuffed that shot, which was going miles wide before Dunn fell over and slid it into our own net. And to open his legs like that as he flew into the post. Ouch!"

Fixed it for you ;-)

paderbornclaret
02-03-2014, 09:05 PM

Good to hear pal. Have met plenty of fellow Scots over the years down at Ewood.

As always for the Burnley games (with it being an early kick off and no trains leaving Glasgow early enough), I'm heading down on the Saturday and having a night out in Preston but will arrive early for a few pre match pints.

Hope they enjoy it ![/quote]

Wow...a Celtic person arriving early and having a few beers prior to a Burnley match...think there's history there.

DanRrr
04-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Well i hope you are all going home saying "the jammy Dingle Bastids" scoring a last minute winner this time.. B)

In all honesty Alf, given how you lot are playing right now, I expect that you'll have the game out of sight by 30 minutes, the rest will simply be pure agony!

LincolnClaret
04-03-2014, 08:29 AM
"I expect that you'll have the game out of sight by 30 minutes"

I can't believe any Rovers fan really thinks this! I still think we'll do well to get a point.

You always have the upper hand against us, and certainly in the last 5 years or so you've had a lot of good fortune go your way (Hoilett dive for a penalty at the Turf, Dunn's last minute off-side equaliser, Rhodes "fluke" at the Turf earlier this season). Personally I don't think I'll ever see us beat you. Too many things conspire against us every time we play you.

You have the chance to damage our promotion push and I don't expect anything less than a whole-hearted display from your lads. Like I say, I think we'll do well to get a point, I really do.

MillHillRover
04-03-2014, 11:04 AM

[/quote]

Sorry for the tardiness with my reply (had a bit of a family crisis) but as has been said Mill Hill WMC is no more than 5 mins away from Mill Hill railway station which is in turn no more than 10 mins walk from Ewood Park all you need to do to gain entry to the club is sign the visitors/guests book and make a 50p donation and that's it :-)

seventwo
04-03-2014, 12:39 PM
I don't expect anything less than a whole-hearted display from your lads.

Have our lads got any heart?
It will be a major surprise if Burnley don't win this one comfortably but it's a funny old game.

Port_glasgow_Bhoy
04-03-2014, 02:26 PM
[/quote]

Sorry for the tardiness with my reply (had a bit of a family crisis) but as has been said Mill Hill WMC is no more than 5 mins away from Mill Hill railway station which is in turn no more than 10 mins walk from Ewood Park all you need to do to gain entry to the club is sign the visitors/guests book and make a 50p donation and that's it :-)[/quote]

Great. Thanks

AucklandRover
04-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Slightly off MHR's original track, but does anyone know the actual injury-situation at the moment?
Not for the first time, I am really annoyed that there is no section on the official site (among all the PR blah!) that gives injury-updates. Why should it be left to rumour?

How many centre-backs are available?
Are Dunn and Cairney likely to be fit or not?
Is Evans FULLY fit?
Is Etuhu still on a zimmer-frame?
Why on earth don't we have this information, instead of being fed endless guff about Ewood's catering-facilities?!! :/

jimmymaccer
05-03-2014, 08:48 PM
come on Burnley!

joinerpat
07-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Police have banned pubs from selling alcohol till 10 am on Sunday...

This should not apply to M H W M C

Over to you Russ.

MillHillRover
07-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Police have banned pubs from selling alcohol till 10 am on Sunday...

This should not apply to M H W M C

Over to you Russ.

Just got back from the club Pat and the police came round last night and told the stewardess to take the advertisement out of the window and that we would not be allowed to open till 10am but as you say with us being a private members club it should not affect us, as I left the club the treasurer was just advise from the C.I.U so watch this space

Edit

Just been confirmed that there is a special legislation that no pub or club in Blackburn is allowed to sell alcohol before 10am so there ya have it :(

champs95
07-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Oh what next! 10am Sunday!
I normally start drinking at 9am on Sundays.
I'm complaining to CT about this, he will sort it.

Stan_van_nel
07-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Pat and MillHill will have to get down Queens Park with their bottles of Mad Dog 20 20 until 10am then. :D