View Full Version : Thierry Audel

VindePays2009
01-03-2014, 07:57 PM
The lad's on fire for the Imps.

Let's get him back.

AlexLeicester
01-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Very funny. X-D
We have enough problems without resurrecting past mistakes.

AlsagerCrewie
02-03-2014, 09:43 AM
interesting as Audel actually scored against Alan Martin yesterday who has joined Aldershot on a short-term deal. hope it works out for him

VindePays2009
03-03-2014, 12:29 PM
O.K., AL, I suppose that I was joking. But I'm puzzled by what' happened to this lad.

You were no doubt there on both occasions, and from what I can make out on stats, he played in but two home games for the Alex, once given a start and once off the bench.

The latter of these was in what was supposed to be a much more encouraging performance all round, against Port Vale, after the dark days of September and October. (Maybe, though, he was yanked in this one for his poor play.)

Anyway, he's sent to Outer Mongolia on the strength of two appearances. Lee Molyneux may not have pulled up any trees, but at least he got nine before going back to the club he should no doubt never have left.

So, AL, a serious question, since I wasn't there and you were: was he really that bad???

AlexLeicester
03-03-2014, 01:18 PM
I am no scout, pundit or whatever, and SD obviously had a higher opinion of him than me, but I did wonder what he brought to the team.
At one stage I was checking if we could get him under 'trades descriptions' if he called himself a footballer. Light-hearted negative, but for me he brought nothing to a team that was struggling.
In the dark days of later summer and autumn many fans (me included) berated all the players for their lack of vim. Audel was a step further down the scale.

But that's just my opinion.

VindePays2009
03-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Gosh, it's tough to be a manager, and hard to handle these Frenchies.

Madjid Bougherra was the opposite, held back by Dario until he learned how to play 'the Alex way', when he clearly had enough quality effortlessly to adapt.

By the time he was deemed competent to pull on the shirt, we were too close to relegation to escape.

At least Julien Baudet put in a whole-hearted shift.