PDA

View Full Version : Cooper and 80mins

JastheBase
01-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Swindons gaffer and his strange after game comments..."we were in control for 80mins"...hmmm really!!...seems strange that if The Robins were..how did we have a pen just before half-time..and also score in the 77th minute...if some-one can help me out here..confused...

AstonAlex
01-03-2014, 11:22 PM
Sorry basically he was right. The penalty was soft, even SD said he was surprised by it. And yes, we did score after 77 minutes . . and I don't know what my overriding emotion was - delight or surprise!!

Bit nit picking to say they were in control for 77 or 80 minutes, I think; the fact remains however long it was, they were! Having said that we could have nicked it in the last 13 (or 16) minutes. Strange match in that respect . . we have become far more used to passing the opposition to death for a 1-0 lead, then hanging on for grim death over many years!

AlexLeicester
02-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Aston is absolutely right. We looked pretty poor for 70 minutes and survived because their shooting on goal was rubbish.
The last 20 minutes were a total turnaround and a revelation for those of us waiting for the inevitable drubbing. As soon as Waters took to the pitch the game changed in our favour.

Jas: We are past the time of year when you usually come to Blighty. Is your visit delayed or postponed for a year?

alexbarmy
02-03-2014, 08:41 PM
No way was the penalty soft - slid in arm raised.

However, it would have been a travesty had we gone in 1 up.

They were so wasteful, yet scored with a great shot. We got out of jail, but definitely take it.