PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Cardiff

meatismurder
01-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Early team news.

"Tottenham midfielder Sandro could make his first league appearance under Tim Sherwood after returning from a two-month absence with a calf injury against Dnipro on Thursday.
Kyle Walker has recovered from a hip problem but Vlad Chiriches and Erik Lamela remained sidelined.
Cardiff midfielder Jordon Mutch is fit after a hamstring problem, while Craig Bellamy is available after suspension.
Gary Medel has trained but may not be risked after a muscle tear."

COYS

danegee
02-03-2014, 01:50 PM
I hope Fryers plays today. If Walker is not 100% then stick with Naughton at RB. Did a good job on Thursday night against tricky, speedy players.

Naughton, Dawson, Vertonghen Fryers
Sandro
Lennon Eriksen Dembele
Soldado
Adebayor

Just thinking if we would have pulled our fingers out at Norwich, a win today would have seen us 3 points off of second place.
We only have ourselves to blame with disappointing home performances v west Brom and Newcastle which have ultimately cost us big as those 8 dropped points now look so ***** as we would have been two points off the top with a win today.

I'm off

meatismurder
02-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Lloris;
Naughton, Fryers, Dawson, Vertonghen;
Dembele, Paulinho, Lennon, Townsend;
Soldado, Adebayor.

Subs:
Friedel, Veljkovic, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Sandro, Bentaleb, Kane

COYS

meatismurder
02-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Goooooooaaaaaaaaaaallllllll, Soldado. :D

COYS

meatismurder
02-03-2014, 05:24 PM
1-0 HT

Need to kill them off early in the 2nd half.

COYS

meatismurder
02-03-2014, 06:22 PM
1-0 FT

Happy for Soldado.

Could do better, but a wins a win.

COYS

[img]http://tinyurl.com/qg6gy8j[img]

harlow_yid
02-03-2014, 08:54 PM
one of the worst games i have seen in a long time. looked like two very poor championship sides. walked out the lane feeling like we lost. did not enjoy today one bit.

i fear what chelski will do to us.

cliffyboy
05-03-2014, 01:37 AM
one of the worst games i have seen in a long time. looked like two very poor championship sides. walked out the lane feeling like we lost. did not enjoy today one bit.

i fear what chelski will do to us.

Well said, HY.

Yeah, alright, we've won these last two home games but anyone taking great comfort from us having done so, has their heads in the clouds. The one against Cardiff was particularly bad and apart from Sherwood playing two forwards instead of one, I don't see that much difference now between AVB's tactics and style, and Sherwood's. Quite frankly, some of Sunday's game was as boring as bat-****, and here we were playing at home against a team second from bottom who had been beaten in their own last home game 4-0, and that against bloody Hull.

I still reckon we've got the players at Spurs, but at the moment we don't seem to have, or we lack, a team drive, like an impetus when we go out there. And with all due respect

DEVONSPUR
05-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Calm down Cliffy!!

As you quite rightly said we do have the players and as bad as things are we're STILL in with a shout of the top 4 and the Europa Cup!

Performances haven't been good but apart from the Norwich game we're still getting results as did ManUre last season!!

We can give Chelski problems and the longer it goes on without a goal the more anxious they'll get!!

COYS

cliffyboy
06-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Calm down Cliffy!!

As you quite rightly said we do have the players and as bad as things are we're STILL in with a shout of the top 4 and the Europa Cup!

Performances haven't been good but apart from the Norwich game we're still getting results as did ManUre last season!!

We can give Chelski problems and the longer it goes on without a goal the more anxious they'll get!!

COYS

Hello, Devonspur.

Well, it might be good to remain optimistic but I don't think we're a match, really, on the four sides above us, not when push comes to shove. Arsenal fiddle around sometimes but I honestly don't see those sides above us having the same sort of problems we seem to be having when playing many other sides.

Christ, it has to be admitted, we have been so ****ing boring at times, it's hard to believe it's Spurs. Little or nothing cutting and decisive in attack, just more pedestrian build-up that seems to be based on little more than hoping

danegee
06-03-2014, 11:27 AM
The only one who made great forward passes was Naughton ( as he did v Stoke).
Been saying this for a while, our players don't seem to give and go.
There were many instances in this game(and many others) where nobody makes a run into the space, and the midfielders have to hold onto the ball too long or they don't release it when there is a run.
Lennon was the only one making runs into space Sunday and Naughton was the only one to find him.
There were times when there was nobody getting into the box when we were attacking.
I watch supposedly lesser teams, and their midfield players are making angles, passing and running forward for the return, players making intelligent runs off the ball and then receiving the pass.
Football is all about movement, passing and working hard. It's not really that hard
Half the time our players are static when they receive the ball, invariably with their backs to the opposition.
When they do get into space nobody passes to them.

Townsend is frustrating s

harlow_yid
06-03-2014, 12:57 PM
the issues i have is why are the players going to run themselves into the ground when they know tim wont be there next season? why get stuck in and injured when the world cup is coming up? they know we wont win the league and its outside chance of top 4 so i think they are walking to the end of the season, papering over cracks in the team with wins, but not playing at the top of their game.

if we had a full time manager would they be putting in a shift? avb was full time and im not sure they were then.

DEVONSPUR
06-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Well I think they should be playing for a new manager, hopefully LVG!!

In any case they are professionals and should be out there earning their inflated wage accordingly!!

Its all about pride and self respect at the end of the day!!

Since he came back Ade has been a shining example and I never thought I'd ever say that!!

Lets wipe the smirk off Jose's face once and for all!!

COYS