PDA

View Full Version : All we have to play for now

needle
02-03-2014, 11:45 AM
is beating Burnley.
Obviously we need to finish as high as possible , but the play offs are now out of reach.

ROVERREDROSE
02-03-2014, 12:10 PM
75 points over last 15 year or so gets you 6th on average although 69 did last season I think. 14 games left. Been waiting for this good run to manufacture doesn't look like any sign of it in the foreseeable future to me if I'm honest. Bowyer is a good guy but I think it could take him 10 years to get into play offs its similar to nigel cough at derby I think. Did mcclaren bring a new team in? No.

BlueANwhite
02-03-2014, 01:04 PM
I honestly don't think we're that far of play of standard, We could do with a creative midfield player for when Dunn is injured which is most of the time :(
Bowyer has done ok he's had to concentrate on getting rid of terrible signings of past managers in transfer market rather than bringing players in made a few quality signings cut the wage bill

We won't go up this season but r young team next season will be that little bit older more experienced i expect closed season Bowyer will be able to get rid of more dead weight and finish building ( his team )

Im staying positive but if we get battered next weekend we might have to discuss the benefits of a suicide pact though im still sure the dingles will bottle it

alfinyalcabo
02-03-2014, 01:52 PM
is beating Burnley.
Obviously we need to finish as high as possible , but the play offs are now out of reach.

"but the play offs are now out of reach."

Thats a bit of stupid statement Needs.. you are well within the reach of a play off place ,you are only six points behind with 14 games(42 points to play for)...

Maybe you might think that Rovers wont get in the play offs,but im sure there are a lot of lads think that they can still do it..

Rvblue
02-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Alf I think you will understand better next week when our midfield will put in another masterclass of shadow chasing.

To think Jones was on the other side last year he has come on leaps and bounds under Dyche. I am afraid Bowyer's work with Lowe and Williamson means letting Jones escape our clutches is a real question of his judgement.

champs95
02-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Alf I think you will understand better next week when our midfield will put in another masterclass of shadow chasing.

To think Jones was on the other side last year he has come on leaps and bounds under Dyche. I am afraid Bowyer's work with Lowe and Williamson means letting Jones escape our clutches is a real question of his judgement.

Dunn & Evans may play in the centre next week. Hanley may also be back Hopefully Kilgalon isn't badly injured (as he was taken off yesterday?)And Josh King. Pity Cairney is injured aswell, as we miss him. Especially now with a few missing.

I still think Rhodes is due a goal, he won't carry on 'not scoring''. I hope it's next week.

alfinyalcabo
02-03-2014, 05:48 PM

Dunn & Evans may play in the centre next week. Hanley may also be back Hopefully Kilgalon isn't badly injured (as he was taken off yesterday?)And Josh King. Pity Cairney is injured aswell, as we miss him. Especially now with a few missing.

I still think Rhodes is due a goal, he won't carry on 'not scoring''. I hope it's next week.[/quote]

Ingsy is due a goal as well Champs,he's now gone four games without one and wont carry on "not scoring" so it should be a good contest.

champs95
02-03-2014, 05:58 PM
is beating Burnley.

"but the play offs are now out of reach."

Thats a bit of stupid statement Needs.. you are well within the reach of a play off place ,you are only six points behind with 14 games(42 points to play for)...

Maybe you might think that Rovers wont get in the play offs,but im sure there are a lot of lads think that they can still do it..[/quote]

As you boys have been in this division for a while now, you have been telling us this for years. And time & time again last season & this, and the penny still ain't dropped for a lot Alf.

Anyone can beat anyone in this division. Don't be too disheartened if you lose (it's not all over at all, as Alf pointed out there is a 3rd of the season left & we are only 6points off the play-offs) and don't get too carried away if you win.

Co

champs95
02-03-2014, 06:35 PM

I still think Rhodes is due a goal, he won't carry on 'not scoring''. I hope it's next week.[/quote]

Ingsy is due a goal as well Champs,he's now gone four games without one and wont carry on "not scoring" so it should be a good contest.[/quote]

Ings is rubbish Alf,

alfinyalcabo
02-03-2014, 07:04 PM

Ingsy is due a goal as well Champs,he's now gone four games without one and wont carry on "not scoring" so it should be a