View Full Version : Happy Birthday 'King Billy'

Poguemahone
02-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Billy is celebrating his 74th birthday today!

Cesar captained the club during the golden era under Jock Stein as the Hoops won nine league titles in a row.

And, famously, he led the team to European Cup glory on May 25, 1967 when Celtic beat Inter Milan 2-1 in 'The Heat Of Lisbon'.

Billy remained with Celtic until he retired in 1975 and during his time as a Celtic player, Billy won nine league titles, seven Scottish Cups and six league cups as well as the European Cup.

He subsequently had two spells as Celtic manager from 1978-1983 and again from 1987-1991, and he added to his already impressive medal tally with a further three Scottish cups, one league cup and four league titles, which included 1979 when 10 Men Won The LeagueA by thumping the H*** 4-2 on that memorable Monday night and the even more memorable Centenary double in 1988.

Happy birthday to a real Celtic Legend.

JimmyHaze
02-03-2014, 11:57 AM
was fortunate to have been at nearly every game of the centenary season, memories like that live forever

Happy Birthday Caesar

budgeover
02-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Billy is celebrating his 74th birthday today!

Cesar captained the club during the golden era under Jock Stein as the Hoops won nine league titles in a row.

And, famously, he led the team to European Cup glory on May 25, 1967 when Celtic beat Inter Milan 2-1 in 'The Heat Of Lisbon'.

Billy remained with Celtic until he retired in 1975 and during his time as a Celtic player, Billy won nine league titles, seven Scottish Cups and six league cups as well as the European Cup.

He subsequently had two spells as Celtic manager from 1978-1983 and again from 1987-1991, and he added to his already impressive medal tally with a further three Scottish cups, one league cup and four league titles, which included 1979 when 10 Men Won The LeagueA by thumping the H*** 4-2 on that memorable Monday night and the even more memorable Centenary double in 1988.

Happy birthday to a real Celtic Legend.

Just keep him away from the Euro draws and h

mitherzundhand
02-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Did Hugh Keevins send him a birthday card? >:)

Poguemahone
02-03-2014, 12:02 PM
was fortunate to have been at nearly every game of the centenary season, memories like that live forever

Happy Birthday Caesar

Aye The Centenary Season was absolutely brilliant and the match v Dundee at Celtic Park and the Scottish Cup Final at Hampden Park v Dundee Utd are treasured memories of following Celtic.

Was in the old schoolboys enclosure for the Final and what a view of the celebrations that was!

JimmyHaze
02-03-2014, 12:06 PM

Happy Birthday Caesar

Aye The Centenary Season was absolutely brilliant and the match v Dundee at Celtic Park and the Scottish Cup Final at Hampden Park v Dundee Utd are treasured memories of following Celtic.

Was in the old schoolboys enclosure for the Final and what a view of the celebrations that was![/quote]

This was a good one too.

It was top class to win the double in our centenary season. Seasons like that are what its all about - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FZprQTILfQ)

Brother_AL_2
02-03-2014, 12:10 PM
I doubt millions came to see him.

mitherzundhand
02-03-2014, 12:12 PM

Happy Birthday Caesar

Was in the old schoolboys enclosure for the Final and what a view of the celebrations that was![/quote]

Enjoy your memories poke ma hole

But you'll never get a crowd like that this season when you clinch the league title. I wonder why? B)

budgeover
02-03-2014, 12:17 PM

Happy Birthday Caesar

Enjoy your memories poke ma hole

But you'll never get a crowd like that this season when you clinch the league title. I wonder why? B)[/quote]

How did Bhilly get on in England ?? :?

Poguemahone
02-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Aye I will enjoy ma memories my daft wee H** pal and hopefully I will be at Paradise this season to see Celtic lift their third Championship on the trot under Neil Lennon.

You keep checking Celtic's attendances whilst I will be watching ma team win 3 in a row, 4 in a row, 5 in a row and maybe even a few more in row...deal eh?

Sconemeister1314
02-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Billy McBungle is a Hoot XD

Mickybhoy
02-03-2014, 12:27 PM
All hail King Billy...scourge of the hvns

DannyBhoy
02-03-2014, 01:06 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/xc9blu.jpg

herewego10inarow
02-03-2014, 01:09 PM

wonderful post Dannyboy...it kills the dhubs every time

hail ceaser !!

Mickybhoy
02-03-2014, 01:11 PM
The hvns died chasin the dream... hail caeser

Poguemahone
02-03-2014, 01:12 PM

Oor Danny comes up trumps as usual.

Brilliant picture.

Mickybhoy
02-03-2014, 01:13 PM
A dagger in the heart of hvnnery :D :D

JimmyHaze
02-03-2014, 01:49 PM
the buns will never achieve that and it destroyed them trying

BertrandRussell
02-03-2014, 01:50 PM
We're still here.

:)

Rangersmandownunder
02-03-2014, 01:52 PM
His best moment came in a courtroom.

Mickybhoy
02-03-2014, 01:57 PM
The hvns area hoot :D :D :D especially the kiddie on down under variety

DannyBhoy
02-03-2014, 01:58 PM
The hvns area hoot :D :D :D especially the kiddie on down under variety[/quote]

I reckon it's BigDildo.

Rangersmandownunder
02-03-2014, 02:02 PM
The hvns area hoot :D :D :D especially the kiddie on down under variety[/quote]

"kidde on"?

Mickybhoy
02-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Good shout Danny...then again it could be any of the long lost chimps since their humiliation of LIQUIDATION and slow death

Sconemeister1314
02-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Pacific shelf 595 ltd and Billy McBungles now defunct european cup always make me laugh XD

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Mickybhoy
02-03-2014, 03:06 PM
The defunct rangers always make me laugh

Sconemeister1314
02-03-2014, 03:12 PM
As do Pacific shelf 595 ltd XD XD XD

Hairdrier
02-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Billy McNeil had the highest win rate of any Aberdeen manager, even higher than Fergie. Although I think Derek McInnes is getting close.

;D

Steen hive
02-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Billy McNeil had the highest win rate of any Aberdeen manager, even higher than Fergie. Although I think Derek McInnes is getting close.

;D. A fine loon that returned home to selllik when probably should have stayed put , anyway , always welcome in Stonehaven :):

gersforme
02-03-2014, 05:14 PM
everything sellik celebrate turns into a rangers hatefest, as this post illustrates.

what sad little men, they can't enjoy themselves without tasting their own hate on a daily basis.

manofsteel
02-03-2014, 05:17 PM
everything sellik celebrate turns into a rangers hatefest, as this post illustrates.

what sad little men, they can't enjoy themselves without tasting their own hate on a daily basis.

Did you actually read who was first to start fecking the thread up, a hvn and a half hvn. XD

I love that feckin picture. XD

DannyBhoy
02-03-2014, 05:19 PM

You have the monopoly of being a sad liitle man, you absolute embarrassment.

manofsteel
02-03-2014, 05:22 PM
To be fair to us gers, you lot are extremely easy to hate. >;)

gersforme
02-03-2014, 05:39 PM
danny, you seem to be turning into a typical dhim mate, i had high hopes for you ,but i fear you'll be doing a sentence in no time, your hatred is fermenting as strongly as your crab infested undies :(

DannyBhoy
02-03-2014, 05:46 PM
danny, you seem to be turning into a typical dhim mate, i had high hopes for you ,but i fear you'll be doing a sentence in no time, your hatred is fermenting as strongly as your crab infested undies :(

Just reading my post back, it did come over a tad harsh. :(

I'm downloading Leon to watch tonight, probably watch that and True Romance.

Steen hive
02-03-2014, 05:51 PM

I'm downloading Leon to watch tonight, probably watch that and True Romance.[/quote] twa guid films, I will watch the gowf as I have a small interest in it, hopefully more Cheltenham funds :):

grubber83
02-03-2014, 05:51 PM

I'm downloading Leon to watch tonight, probably watch that and True Romance.[/quote]

True romance is a f*cking fantastic film.

DannyBhoy
02-03-2014, 05:55 PM

I'm downloading Leon to watch tonight, probably watch that and True Romance.[/quote] twa guid films, I will watch the gowf as I have a small interest in it, hopefully more Cheltenham funds :):[/quote]

I found True Romance in my living room, can't remember ever buying it. Must have got it for Xmas of something. :?