PDA

View Full Version : Headbutt butthead

VindePays2009
02-03-2014, 01:03 PM
A lot of steam is being generated about Pards's Gallowgate kiss (i.e. it must have to do with Glasgow or Newcastle).

The languid way he moved his head towards Meyler was more reminiscent of the mating foreplay of a Galapagos turtle.

People talk about handbags at five paces; this was more like sandbags at one.

AlexLeicester
02-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Old, white-haired man picks on young, fit man - must be mad.
No. Wrong is every respect. Pardew is a manager of a squad of young men and his reaction when they are working is to head butt an opponent - and it was, for me,. a clear head butt.
That is a clear and immediate sacking offence. He's broken his contract and he should be told to leave his car keys, clear his desk and GO.

itwasin
02-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Should get the same Sentence as Cantona got for attacking a supporter off the field of play. No excuses for this behavoiur.

somersetcrewe
02-03-2014, 05:38 PM
No. Wrong is every respect. Pardew is a manager of a squad of young men and his reaction when they are working is to head butt an opponent - and it was, for me,. a clear head butt.
That is a clear and immediate sacking offence. He's broken his contract and he should be told to leave his car keys, clear his desk and GO.

If people think that was a head butt, then they have never been to Glasgow.
Total unadulterated nonsense!!
HUGE over-reaction!!!

Yes, he was wrong, he's been fined, he will get a ban for sure - but he apologised immediately!!
Meyler was hardly blameless either, shoving him out of the way to start it all. To say it was unprovoked is a bit harsh.
I'm with VdP on this one!!

Alex_Crew
03-03-2014, 01:46 PM
OK it was wrong, but it has been blown out of all proportion.

Alan Hansen on MOTD 'feels sorry for the kids watching'...what?! Wasn't so damning when Suarez had a nibble on Ivanovic's arm!

Just think it was a head shunt than a butt.

somersetcrewe
04-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Totally agree.
Head butt my arse!
I've seen what damage a head butt can do. Meyler's "good looks" looked pretty unblemished to me!!

And whilst on about him, what about Meyler? - no bad word said against him and yet hardly blameless!?
I have absolutely no doubt the FA will throw the book at Pardew. It would be typical of them, always take the easy option.

It will be interesting to see how Ashley follows up. Can you sack for intent?? I suppose you can but this will be trial by media more than anything.

AlexLeicester
04-03-2014, 11:29 AM
If this had been two ordinary players I would be in agreement, but it wasn't.
If it had been a team Captain then it would have been, in my opinion, and immediate and permanent demotion.
This was a very high profile manager - and he has actively pursued a high profile simply by accepting the job at a PL club.
It is his inability to control himself when it most matters that I find appalling. I still feel that such actions makes him unworthy of the job.

supercrewe
04-03-2014, 02:00 PM
It not a sacking for me, yes he shouldnt have done it , but as a player or manager football is an emotional game, and keeping emotions in check isnt easy.

He overstepped the mark, but too sack him would be blowing the whole situation way out of proportion, the player wasnt exactly scarred by the incident.

somersetcrewe
04-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Agreed.
If he had head-butted Meyler, then I say send him packing, fine him heavily and make sure he never manages in the Prem (if anywhere) again!

But he didn't!

supercrewe
04-03-2014, 03:48 PM
As Vdp indicated it was hardly a life threatening act.

AstonAlex
04-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Maybe it wasn't life threatening and not a full-on headbutt, but how can any manager be excused such behaviour? Whether he is sacked or not depends on the club, but the FA should throw the book at him, in my opinion.

Ir's not as though Pardew doesn't have plenty of previous (push and shove with Wenger, foul and abusive language towards the innocent and rather mild-mannered Pellegrini to but two incidents) and how are we going to carry on encouraging young players to respect officials if a senior manager can be seen behaving like that without severe sanction? I am tired of his apologies for the way he behaves, and his so-called anger management sessions.

The technical area has thrown up issues like this for several years now (and we all remember the Fat Controller exiting his at the end of the Rotherham match) and their close proximity as at GR only encourages pushing and shoving - and worse. I think it makes sense to have a bigger gap between them, but would this stop the mor