PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings v BFC

Bagshot_Blue
02-03-2014, 01:27 PM
I know some of our exile supporters like to read how the team performed from the perspective of someone who was there. Here are my ratings.

Just a note to say that a makeshift team was well prepared by Kav and the fact that changes were forced on him had a serendipitous outcome re. Chimbonda's captaincy and leadership on the field was a revelation - Kav please don't change something that worked, brilliantly.

The draw was definitely well deserved against a well organised and confident side chasing automatic promotion.

Pickford: 7/10 Did nothing wrong and was confident with crosses and made a great save in the 2nd half.
Symington: 6/10 I feel mean not to give him 7/10 but he was guilty of wasting the ball and turning over possession in the first half. However, he played brilliantly given this was not a familiar position for him and he was thrown into a role defending against Alan Judge who is a very useful winger for Brentford. As the game wore on he grew into his role and did his bit

bugsbgone
02-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Sound Baggers.

The write up and the time you take really helps inspire about the team. Makes a big heap of change from the neggy Piglet brigade, sometimes us exiles need reminding that there are positives about the team we all love. Instead of consistently bringing the team and general organisation down.

Thank you.

griff
02-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Are you really saying that all you want is a positive spin on things, and you'd rather not hear the negatives? Believe it or not Piglet is generally quite accurate in his assessments; whether his take on the motivation of some of those in charge is equally correct will need to be seen. I was an exile too, for 38 years. I've now come to see how inaccurate some of the stuff was that I was reading for year after year when I'd have preferred the truth. I'm sorry bugsbgone, but if it's the rose-tinted glasses approach that you're after you may be sorely disappointed come the end of the season.

The ratings given above are generally accurate, though they don't report the two sitters that Brentford missed in the second half. If one of those had gone in you'd have been looking for a positive report of a(nother) defeat.

Bagshot_Blue
03-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Griff re. ratings just to clarify I was not 'bigging' up the performances (not that you were suggesting such). I gave scores as I saw it. Brentford did put us under pressure late in the 2nd half and came close on a couple of occasions before that. However, the refashioned team played well and worked hard to get a deserved point. Pascal Chimbonda and Chris Chantler were particularly impressive as were young Symington and Byrne.

Kav's tactics were spot on, as they were at Coventry and there wasn't much wrong with them against Rotherham. Chimbonda's performance will give him some difficult choices if O'Hanlon is fit for Saturday as I wouldn't want to change the central defensive partnership after such a good performance.

In fact before the game, I was vocally bemoaning the fact that we have lost 4 players during training. A situation that Kav has to take responsibility for. Any manager at this difficult and crucial period of the season should be factoring into the training schedule p

griff
03-03-2014, 01:45 PM
No problems with your post at all BB. I'd have settled for a point before the game and left feeling that we'd performed quite well under trying circumstances. Perhaps I should have said reflect rather than report. Bugsbgone seems to me to be wanting only the positives whereas I prefer the 'warts and all' which was all I was trying to get over.

bugsbgone
03-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Griff, mate, I get it. I get that we are in a bit of a fix...

I was just stating how pleased I was to see some positives, that is all. There is no harm in that is there? To believe that we will progress post the Abbott shambles (cup wins aside, yes I know..)

Just makes a refreshing change that is all.

As you were.

moorlad
03-03-2014, 06:02 PM
I was stood with Griff, and we're both a pair of whinging old gets if truth be known. Certainly we both thought Brentford should have scored from a couple of great chances. However we were both talking about what a good performance it was all round.

Those couple of chances were all they had though, and we could have sneaked one first half as well, so a draw was a fair result.

I actually enjoyed the game a lot, much better performance than the Rotherham game, and we were unlucky to lose to them in the end. The ratings are reasonable, although I don't generally like giving players scores. I did, however, think Chimbonda was fantastic, it was definitely the best I've seen him play. I might even have gone as far as to say his was a perfect performance, especially the way he coaxed 2 very inexperienced players through a very tough game against excellent opposition.

There were other plus points as well, the goalkeeping was good, Chantler was excellent, Noble had a fine game and t