PDA

View Full Version : SWFC TAKEOVER.

Owler
02-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Could this be the deal Milan's been waiting for?? - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11703/9192939/sky-bet-championship-qatari-consortium-target-sheffield-wednesday-takeover)

GreasyChipBeattie
02-03-2014, 03:21 PM
About time Owler imo.
Me and mi Bro-in-Law have said for years, we couldn't understand why no-one had seen the potential in SWFC, especially when you consider other clubs (with due respect) that have attracted investment (Cardiff, Hull etc)
All joking aside, Wednesday are potentially a massive club, and with significant investment could well be up there with the rest.
I just hope we're there along side you if it happens.

micklyons1hardbstd
02-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Greasy you're a gent as always...Personally, I will believe it when I see it! :s

blades58
02-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Rob Staton a??@robstaton 1m

#SWFC have spoken with a number of interested parties but I'm told there's nothing to announce, despite suggestions a deal was close.

mmmmmm, nothing to announce, but that doesn't mean somat aint going on

Mandy's quite cute with these type of things

GreasyChipBeattie
02-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Greasy you're a gent as always...Personally, I will believe it when I see it! :s

Heyup Micky,
Not chatted for a while.
I've a feeling there might just be summat in this you know.
I might get hammered by my own bunch here, but if you'd had the same level of investment that someone like Citeh had, I think you'd be where they are now.
Mind you, with that level of investment, I think Port Vale would be where they are anall!!
I just hope one of us doesn't leave the other too far behind...especially if it's just through throwing money at the situation.
I can't help but want to see the demise of said Citeh, Chelski, Cardiff and the rest.
Sadly, the 'sport' it seems is fast becoming a 'let's see who can attract the richest investor' kind of game.

Owler
02-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Bound to happen one day but I don't get excited and start seeing pound signs when I hear about a takeover anymore.

Heard it that many times.

micklyons1hardbstd
02-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Agreed Greasy pal.. The game we know and love died years ago...Would love us to be locking horns in the top flight...The romantic in me likes to believe that we would add some working class old school magic to a greed infested corporate monster the top flight has become...Maybe when the game implodes, comes full circle, and goes back to the people..clubs like ours will have their day, once again! ;D

aussieowl
02-03-2014, 07:54 PM
I fkin love takeover threads, especially ones that originate from Owlstalk...will it-won't it, true-not true, hoax-genuine...from round about the time of Geoff Sheard I don't believe ANYTHING until it's on the official site...all aboard the Wednesday roller coaster, here we go again..XD

GreasyChipBeattie
02-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Agreed Greasy pal.. The game we know and love died years ago...Would love us to be locking horns in the top flight...The romantic in me likes to believe that we would add some working class old school magic to a greed infested corporate monster the top flight has become...Maybe when the game implodes, comes full circle, and goes back to the people..clubs like ours will have their day, once again! ;D

We can but dream my man.

cazzaswfc
02-03-2014, 09:18 PM

#SWFC have spoken with a number of interested parties but I'm told there's nothing to announce, despite suggestions a deal was close.

Agreed, foxes fans stated that their takeover just happened out of the blue, lots of comments about "will sell to the right owner" etc then Boom

But, won't be getting the takeover bunting out just yet...

As someone on OT stated however, be just our luck, take over and a 200 million bank deposit to start the rebuilding and investments etc...nuked by the Russians the day after :blue:

Glass half empty, Gregg's the man, Sheard cloud9. Etc etc

helmut_rooster
03-03-2014, 10:09 AM

Someone on Owlstalk quoted this yesterday with the response, who did he find to speak to about this on a Sunday?

Fair point.

helmut_rooster
03-03-2014, 10:10 AM
I fkin love takeover threads, especially ones that originate from Owlstalk...will it-won't it, true-not true, hoax-genuine...from round about the time of Geoff Sheard I don't believe ANYTHING until it's on the official site...all aboard the Wednesday roller coaster, here we go again..XD

Cannot disagree with that at all, Geoff Sheard...he couldn't afford to pay the TV arial man in the end XD

helmut_rooster
03-03-2014, 10:11 AM

Agreed, foxes fans stated that their takeover just happened out of the blue, lots of comments about "will sell to the right owner" etc then Boom

But, won't be getting the takeover bunting out just yet...

As someone on OT stated however, be just our luck, take over and a 200 million bank deposit to start the rebuilding and investments etc...nuked by the Russians the day after :blue:

Glass half empty, Gregg's the man, Sheard cloud9. Etc etc[/quote]

Those sneaky Russians XD

braggyowl
03-03-2014, 11:27 AM
About time Owler imo.
Me and mi Bro-in-Law have said for years, we couldn't understand why no-one had seen the potential in SWFC, especially when you consider other clubs (with due respect) that have attracted investment (Cardiff, Hull etc)
All joking aside, Wednesday are potentially a massive club, and with significant investment could well be up there with the rest.
I just hope we're there along side you if it happens.

Greasy...You are STILL da man! :star: :star:

GreasyChipBeattie
03-03-2014, 01:39 PM
BRAGGERRRRRS!!

Oreight Mate!

Not been on for a while out of respect for the pants of a season your having XD

Want a ticket for Wembley?!!

BTW, what happened to Rosie?
My guess is he just got fed up of Thai's shenanigans?

If you are still in contact, give him my regards please.

Anyway, must dash. I'll pop back in a few days when the semi-final dates are announced.
Hope you can make it ;-)

braggyowl
04-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Nice to hear from you again Greasy mate.

Rosie's not posted for a while now but like you say, he probably got p!ssed off with thai..Would be nice if he came back though..:)

Anyway mate I'd love you to beat Charlton but I've already posted on another thread predicting you losing 78-0 or was it 87-0..I don't know...XD

To be fair mate you've got every chance of getting to Wembley..I reckon we all know that...If you do though I'm gonna have to decline your offer...Might be busy that day...XD XD

Take care Greasy.

GreasyChipBeattie
04-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Nice to hear from you again Greasy mate.

Rosie's not posted for a while now but like you say, he probably got p!ssed off with thai..Would be nice if he came back though..:)

Anyway mate I'd love you to beat Charlton but I've already posted on another thread predicting you losing 78-0 or was it 87-0..I don't know...XD

To be fair mate you've got every chance of getting to Wembley..I reckon we all know that...If you do though I'm gonna have to decline your offer...Might be busy that day...XD XD

Take care Greasy.

:O

78-0 or 87-0?

Blimey, I hopes it's 78-0. 87-0 would be reight embarrassing!

lansdowneoldskool
04-03-2014, 12:24 PM
The interest rates on the loans that Wendy are having to take might put off investors, as will the lack of a safety certificate in the past.

braggyowl
04-03-2014, 12:54 PM
haha XD XD nice one Greasy...

lansdown...Close the door on your way out.

Rotherhamowl10
04-03-2014, 01:43 PM
The interest rates on the loans that Wendy are having to take might put off investors, as will the lack of a safety certificate in the past.

oh dear.

Would you be kind enough to tell me the interest rates of these loans?

oh and as for your point scoring over the disaster, the majority of grounds in the country didn't have a valid safety certificate. It was during a time that football fans were treated like dogs, safety was the last thing on the authorities minds.

lansdowneoldskool
04-03-2014, 03:14 PM

oh dear.

oh and as for your point scoring over the disaster, the majority of grounds in the country didn't have a valid safety certificate. It was during a time that football fans were treated like dogs, safety was the last thing on the authorities minds.[/quote]

The point is whether potential investors will be put off by headlines such as: - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2418466/Hillsborough-tragedy-Investigation-Sheffield-Wednesday-FA-police-council-culpabili)

Owler
04-03-2014, 05:25 PM

oh dear.

oh and as for your point scoring over the disaster, the majority of grounds in the country didn't have a valid safety certificate. It was during a time that football fans were treated like dogs, safety was the last thing on the authorities minds.[/quote]

The point is whether potential investors will be put off by headlines such as:[/quote]

Don't believe everything you read in newspapers.

I read in one newspaper last September that one of Sheffield clubs had been taken over by a multi billionaire and come January transfer window they'd be signing all top players. XD

Rotherhamowl10
04-03-2014, 07:08 PM

oh dear.

The point is whether potential investors will be put off by headlines such as:[/quote]

You like to back up your arguments using the press. You do know not everything is true don't you?

Who are they going to charge at SWFC out of interest?

lansdowneoldskool
05-03-2014, 10:45 AM

oh dear.

Don't believe everything you read in newspapers.

I read in one newspaper last September that one of Sheffield clubs had been taken over by a multi billionaire and come January transfer window they'd be signing all top