PDA

View Full Version : Peterborough and Walsall away games

PAULCAFC
02-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Massive, massive games now, need at least 3 points from these as IMO with 10 games left and stuck on a poss 35 pts and the remaining games we have it will be a nigh on impossible task for us to stay up, hope I'm proved wrong, the idea of being in L2 again next season is a horrible thought!

itwasin
03-03-2014, 06:14 AM
Just can not see it happening! The 3 points I mean. The other a Certainty

KennyLuntsFanClub
03-03-2014, 07:45 AM
As Oscar Wilde said "the only certainties in life are death and taxes. . .oh, and being relegated from League One with 12 games and 36 points still to play for".

somersetcrewe
03-03-2014, 08:23 AM
Massive, massive games now, need at least 3 points from these ...

I'd take 2 draws from these games any day ... ... wouldn't you?

AstonAlex
03-03-2014, 10:01 AM

Ordinarily, yes. . .but neither are in the greatest of form, especially Walsall - I'll take a defeat and a win in either order.

itwasin
03-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Who does Oscar Wilde play for is he better than Kenny Lunt?

alexmick
03-03-2014, 04:40 PM

Ordinarily, yes. . .but neither are in the greatest of form, especially Walsall - I'll take a defeat and a win in either order.

I would prefer a win and a loss...equating to 3 points (better than two draws...we need the points). ;)

PAULCAFC
03-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Massive, massive games now, need at least 3 points from these ...

I'd take 2 draws from these games any day ... ... wouldn't you?[/quote]

One win is better!;D :D

somersetcrewe
03-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Of course it is.
Just saying I wouldn't scoff at 2 draws away from home against play-off opposition.
3 points would be nice, and yes of course I would prefer that, but 2 pts against those 2 will suit me just fine!

PAULCAFC
03-03-2014, 08:31 PM
37 pts with ten games left will leave us struggling to survive what with Wolves, Coventry, Bristol City and Shrews to play still, wins required not draws!

somersetcrewe
04-03-2014, 10:53 AM
We'll have to agree to disagree - for now! ;D
For me, the key will be the 3 games after Posh and Walsall. I think 7 from 9 has to be a bare minimum from those, arguably 9 is achievable what with our recent record at Gillingham!
Less than 7 and I will allow you to quote Woody from Toy Story - "This is the perfect time to panic!"

Proggs
04-03-2014, 11:48 AM
I said this on "51 points..." thread

PU, Wal and Old only got us 2 points. Anything above that is 'bonus', then its 4 big games we need 8 from (but only got us 2 1st half).

supercrewe
04-03-2014, 01:41 PM
To say if we lose both games that we are down is daft, 4 wins , 4 draws and 6 defeats from the last 14 games will probably keep us up, our recent form suggests that is very possible:D

alexmick
04-03-2014, 04:49 PM
We will not be down and out if we do lose these two matches, although it could well leave us with a small mountain to climb again, if other results leave us adrift of the safety zone. A win in one of them would be nice and it would also maintain the confidence already shown by the lads since the New Year.

PAULCAFC
04-03-2014, 05:27 PM
To say if we lose both games that we are down is daft, 4 wins , 4 draws and 6 defeats from the last 14 games will probably keep us up, our recent form suggests that is very possible:D

9 wins all season from 34 games, you sure we can win 4 from the last 10? i`m not so, esp if we play like in the last two games!

DGFG
04-03-2014, 06:20 PM

9 wins all season from 34 games, you sure we can win 4 from the last 10? i`m not so, esp if we play like in the last two games![/quote]

Why not? Prior to the last two games we won 4 of the previous 10.

Lies, damned lies and statistics y'see.

I was n't at Stevenage but was led to believe the performance was decent.The stats from the match support that. Agree it was a disappointing performance on Saturday but still light years superior to the efforts at home to Stevenage, Gillingham and Walsall earlier in the season.

PAULCAFC
04-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Which 4 games can we win then in your opinion?

DGFG
04-03-2014, 08:33 PM
We can win all of them.

Statistically I suppose we're most likely to win the four home games against teams in the bottom half of the table:

Oldham, Notts County, Coventry and Colchester.

8 of last 10 against teams in the bottom half of the table.

somersetcrewe
04-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Which 4 games can we win then in your opinion?

You sound so resigned, Paul!
We're still only 3 pts of 13th for ****s sake!!!!!!
And don't just look at the teams behind us, look up as well. By the time we go to Crawley, they'll be shagged with all the catching up they have to do. Currently 1 down to Stevenage - with less than 10 to go!
Ok, so Stevenage have picked up - but they'll still be behind us!

Chin up! ;D

somersetcrewe
04-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Even better!
Crawley equalise in the 92nd, denying Stevenage!
This is going to the wire.
Just hope it's not 2005 all over again, my ticker couldn't take it! ;D

Gonna have to watch that Tubbs though. They're a 1-man team at the minute!

AlexLeicester
05-03-2014, 08:50 AM
That final game of the 04/05 season cost me a shirt! When Higdon came on I loudly said that we had run up the white flag and were going down. He then went and scored. I was honour bound to buy a shirt with his on the back. Still got it - anyone want a duster? :-D

It is, of course, possible that we win both these games, but history says we will draw from a winning position at Peterborough; and draw from a losing position at Walsall.

I'd dearly love to win both: Ferguson might have to go if we beat them at London Road; and Walsall were horribly arrogant before our Academy lads started and did for them last season at Gresty Road.

alexmick
05-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Crawley are looking the most likely to climb out of danger in my opinion. With 5 games in hand on us and 4 points ahead in the table, together with a far superior goal difference (which means they are in fact 5 points in front of the Alex), I cannot see them being in a relegation fight.

It is interesting to see that FA Cup quarter-finalists, Sheffield United, are now only 8 points off a play-off place, in 10th position. They turned in a very good performance against 6th placed Peterborough last night and I would wager that Nigel Clough hopes that we do the same on Saturday.

MikeSB
05-03-2014, 06:09 PM
There is no question that we seem to pysche ourselves up for the really big games and we have eg Port Vale and Sheff Utd. But not so much against the Stevenages and Tranmere etc. Maybe we play better when we are expected to lose and worse when we are not?

I don't think this league has ever been so tight at the bottom with one or two wins affecting half the division at this stage of the season and so it may be a surprise that one or two teams get relegated that were not expected to do so? Maybe records will be broken at 50 odd points and still getting relegated?

It really is too close to call for at least 8 or 9 teams? But all of them will know the score as we all do and will be trying like mad to win games like Stevenage is doing now and Sheff Utd we did think would anyway. I would expect Notts County and Shrews to definitely go down though.

ie I expect us to get at least a point at Posh and maybe three!

I don't like our goal difference though!

BTW why has Usche missed all the

alexmick
05-03-2014, 08:18 PM
[quote="MikeSB"]There is no question that we seem to pysche ourselves up for the really big games and we have eg Port Vale and Sheff Utd. But not so much against the Stevenages and Tranmere etc. Maybe we play better when we are expected to lose and worse when we are not?

I don't think this league has ever been so tight at the bottom with one or two wins affecting half the division at this stage of the season and so it may be a surprise that one or two teams get relegated that were not expected to do so? Maybe records will be broken at 50 odd points and still getting relegated?

It really is too close to call for at least 8 or 9 teams? But all of them will know the score as we all do and will be trying like mad to win games like Stevenage is doing now and Sheff Utd we did think would anyway. I would expect Notts County and Shrews to definitely go down though.

ie I expect us to get at least a point at Posh and maybe three!

I don't like our goal differen

somersetcrewe
06-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Crawley are looking the most likely to climb out of danger in my opinion ... ... I cannot see them being in a relegation fight.

I'm clearly in a minority here - and John Gregory agrees with you, (see linky), preferring to look up rather than down, and I guess while Tubbs is banging them in, who would disagree?
I do ;D
They won't have the biggest squad, and playing 2-3 games per week from now until season end WILL take its toll, I am certain. We play them early next month. It will be interesting to see how they are doing by then.
If Gregory is still on track, hats off to them!!

It is interesting to see that FA Cup quarter-finalists, Sheffield United, are now only 8 points off a play-off place ... ...

Cloughie quotes the 3-0 loss at our place as the turning point. Always nice to do someone a favour, especially when we get something out of it too! ;D - [url=http://www.bbc