PDA

View Full Version : The Sun report today

AFC1320
03-03-2014, 08:35 AM
IMO it was a disgrace.

After a great performance/victory 75% of the report was about events which were going on in the boardroom between the AFC Board and Manager, surely that should have been kept behind closed doors?

You do not have to be a rocket scientist to know meetings like this have been happening but I have to question why it was put to press.

stan3600
03-03-2014, 11:32 AM
So what did it say? Some of us (in England) don't have access to The Scottish Sun, and wouldn't buy it if we could.

ectolichtie
03-03-2014, 06:13 PM
You will also have to enlighten me as well, I don't read the Sun on a point of principal

AFC1320
03-03-2014, 07:31 PM
In short the vast majority of the report was about the AFC Board have been discussing the Managers position since Christmas but all the players are behind Paul Sheerin but if this had not been the case the AFC Board would have acted by now.

I just think it was a terrible report to put in on the back of a great (massive) and confidence boosting result that the AFC Manager/players/fans could have had a happy week then on the Monday you read this s##te... which I am sure put PS/SP on a downer!!

maroonie
03-03-2014, 07:35 PM
So what did it say? Some of us (in England) don't have access to The Scottish Sun, and wouldn't buy it if we could.
The gist of it is that the board have been scrutinising the managers position since Christmas according to John Christison but the players all back the boss and that swayed the board to stay their hand.
Bit bizarre really as the report is usually about the match and some comments from players/officials. Perhaps the Sun reporter if there was one there was blinded by the sun and missed the 6 goals and numerous incidents.

Bellevue
03-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Time then for the players to prove that they fully support Paul Sheerin by turning in some performances worthy of the trust he has put in them. They are the only ones who can end this terrible run they have been on.
The win at Brechin needs to be the start of a run of games with the same commitment shown as I believe was shown at the weekend, and continued until the end of the season.

Nonsmokingsmokie
03-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Is that all? Basically it's excellent all parties involved are performing their allotted tasks - the newspaper is reporting on a news angle, and the Arbroath Board are holding their manager accountable.

I was worried the Board were being complacent and that the Sun might print only pro-Lichtie propaganda