PDA

View Full Version : Sol Campbell

PapaLazarou
03-03-2014, 12:28 PM
..claims that he would have been England captain for more than 10 years but for the colour of his skin.

I presume he has forgotten he was in the team when Ince was captain. And if he truly believes he was more suited to the role than Shearer, Adams, Beckham etc then there are better ways of voicing that opinion than resorting to claims of institutional racism against the FA.

For me, he never represented a viable candidate for the England captaincy and his pitiful playing of the race card in this manner just confirms what an odious, blinkered and thoroughly deluded individual he really is.

Poor show.. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26383249)

Pentridge
03-03-2014, 06:05 PM
The fact that he (allegedly) bats for the other team is a more rational reason he was overlooked for the England captaincy than the colour of his skin.

Oh, and that he's a bit of a nob.

Southerndown
03-03-2014, 06:41 PM
He's married (to a female) and has a child...

:)

Pentridge
03-03-2014, 06:48 PM
And that makes what difference?

chief_wiggam
03-03-2014, 07:53 PM

As was little Reggie Dwight.

ozzy62
04-03-2014, 01:38 AM
I'm sure he played when Paul Ince was captain so those comments make him look a bit silly.

Joffyw
04-03-2014, 07:14 AM
Either ill advised or just plain deluded.

A captain is a leader on the pitch, it matters not if he's black white or yellow. Booby Charlton captained England the same amount, just three times good, player but not a captain.

As for whether he's a batty boy, not interested in the slightest just as much as the colour of his skin.

Now that other numpty Paul Elliott is out of a job, looks to me as though Sol is after it. Perhaps he'll also get the Institute of Black Lawyers to ensure the HR door is opened...

chiswickmart
04-03-2014, 07:16 AM

Pents isn't married (to a female) and doesn't have a child.

You draw your own conclusions...but if he wasn't a fat**** with no footballing talent it wouldn't be the only thing stopping him from being England Captain!!

PS Does Sol have a book out?

Southerndown
04-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Some people not very happy about Uncle Sol's comments... stl
Looks like John Barnes also has a habit of opening his mouth and talking out of his arse at the same time.

Btw re Pents,I thought he was married, to Mrs Pents, and her horses(?) :? - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26414575)

BileysThere
05-03-2014, 06:32 PM
A knob he might be but being gay and black should not hold him back, i just remember and thank him for being good at lifting cups, not shirts.

Pentridge
05-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Speaking of obnoxious tossers...

http://i60.tinypic.com/eiwrc.jpg

PapaLazarou
05-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Sol is indeed a local superstar who should be long remembered and heartily applauded for his sterling efforts in po**ey's progression to where they are today - a paltry 105k per week, a measly 1.7m in image rights & bonuses and 50k in loose change interest on late payments.

For the 100 or so games he played during his 3 years at the rathole arena, that works out at a snip over 181,000 per game - absolute bargain, and a huge surprise that the club had to be sued before agreeing that their plucky cup hero was rightfully due such a derisory amount.

Nice work, Mr Campbell. Very nice, indeed.. B)

Dirtyweasel
05-03-2014, 07:41 PM
A knob he might be but being gay and black should not hold him back,

Now I don't know if he's gay, but the fact he's never been captain of England answers more questions than it asks. Live and let live if they like to 'participate in all sports' I say.

As for the black comment bile, stop being so racist :blue:

BileysThere
05-03-2014, 08:06 PM

Now I don't know if he's gay, but the fact he's never been captain of England answers more questions than it asks. Live and let live if they like to 'participate in all sports' I say.

As for the black comment bile, stop being so racist :blue:[/quote]

I don't think i was being racist, you should talk to pepe and have a word about his gay like whinging.

Dirtyweasel
05-03-2014, 08:21 PM
have a word about his gay like whinging.

Gay like whinging? Is that pro or anti gay bile?

PapaLazarou
05-03-2014, 08:43 PM
..you should talk to pepe and have a word about his gay like whinging.

Why not man up and do it yourself, flipper ?

BileysThere
05-03-2014, 08:54 PM
..you should talk to pepe and have a word about his gay like whinging.

Why not man up and do it yourself, flipper ?[/quote]

Man up? Is that a regular line in the _smugglers_?

/

chiswickmart
05-03-2014, 08:56 PM

He did captain England 3 times!

Dirtyweasel
05-03-2014, 09:01 PM

He did captain England 3 times![/quote]

All that proves is that the spineless FA refuse to be ridiculed more than three times.

proclaimer
07-03-2014, 07:58 PM
... and there is Sol with a book just out as well. :O ;)