PDA

View Full Version : Is Faddy the Difference

firparkloony
03-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Faddy was terrific on Saturday, the team won convincingly. When he is not "on song" we seem to struggle, the games against both Dundee Utd and St Johnstone are casing points. Is it fair to say that if he is not in the team and playing well then we are in dire straits?

LawSteelman
03-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Obviously it helps improves the team performance when he plays better but I'd say that the ease of our victory on Saturday was more down to how poor Hearts were than how good we were. Defensively we were poor again and a better side would have punished us but fortunately Hearts are a sorry, sorry lot and really if we couldn't beat them when they turned in such a poor a display as that then that would have been disastrous.

skippy91
03-03-2014, 08:03 PM
No doubt that when Faddy is on song the teams performance is enhanced but the returns from him have been too infrequent this term, so far. Aye the Jambos were poor on Saturday, it should be pointed out that before their defeat to Selic last week they had not lost in the league since we beat them in early January.
Bring on the Hibees.

dazlhigh
03-03-2014, 08:11 PM
James's contribution to Iain's goal on Saturday was top drawer. The final pass had perfect weight and direction - and great credit to Vigurs for making the run. There's absolutely no doubt that, if James is playing well, any other team in the league has to look out for him. Every game, he gets bawled at for not passing; I'm happy to put up with a few fankles in exchange for the passes he does produce.
It's the old cliche about form being temporary and class being permanent. I'm pleased that he's in our team and not anyone else's.

skippy91
03-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Also mentioning that Vigurs contribution in the recent games at FP have been much better after a very indifferent start to his FP career. Paul Lawson on the other hand seems to have disappeared without trace.

Wellup4it
04-03-2014, 07:41 AM
[quote="firparkloony" we seem to struggle, the games against both Dundee Utd and St Johnstone are casing points. Is it fair to say that if he is not in the team and playing well then we are in dire straits?[/quote]

A bit if an overstatement I'd say. It certainly helps when he's on song - no doubt about that. However we've also won and played well when he's either not played or not played well. That said I'd rather I'd much rather have an on form Faddy in the side.

wellin
04-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Yes, it's great to see faddy hit a bit of form. Earlier in the season he was playing out wide and he said he wasn't enjoying playing out there. Moving him to a more central position suits him better i think as he doesn't have the legs to track back. Lets hope we can get him signed up for another year.