PDA

View Full Version : Alan Pardew - Life ?

bigspoons
03-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Just curious to know peoples views on his 'incident'. Personally, whilst I agree that he is clearly in the wrong I do wonder at the calls for his head on a plate. He's been given a formal warning and a hundred grand fine. It could be argued that he's rich and can afford but if the fine had been a million quid would the matter be closed ? Nah, the FA will now tuck in and, I guess, will need to 'top' any punishment to date. A long stadium ban could lead to his dismissal and so it goes on. I guess, if it was 'just a hard shove (punch like!)' there wouldn't be the fuss. In fact the other chap might have been in trouble for pushing a Premiership Manager. Like I started with, I know Pardew has committed a crime but should he really be hung out to dry ? PS I have know allegiance with Newcastle, whatsoever.

Southerndown
03-03-2014, 06:37 PM
It's bollox.
Yes he was stupid and yes he's got previous, but some of the comments being made are laughable. I heard a news headline on the radio earlier saying that Police had confirmed no criminal proceedings would be taken against him; I nearly laughed out loud while I was driving, talk about over the top!
He's been fined and will be slapped on the wrist, end of, as far as I'm concerned

lovedeanblue
03-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Whatever our views he has been charged with Improper Conduct by the FA and has till Thursday evening to reply. As a guideline I didn't see what Paul Ince actually did when he received his 5 match stadium ban. However it seems that many within the FA view Pardew's offence more serious than Ince's. We shall see on Friday I should think.

lovedeanblue
11-03-2014, 04:08 PM
He has received a 3 match stadium ban which will be followed by a 4 match touch line ban. Add on to that a Pounds 60k fine. Off to Fp myself :O

BlueAdder
12-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Pardew didn't head butt anyone and a 7 game ban and AŁ160k in fines is, imo, ridiculous.
1 game ban and warning as to future conduct would be sufficient.
What would happen to you at your place of work if you nodded at a colleague during an argument?
Suspended from work for a couple of weeks and fined a month's wages? :D