PDA

View Full Version : You're still a Ferrari and we're still a Mini

Stan_van_nel
04-03-2014, 01:32 AM
Alright the Ferrari may be a 1976 308 GTB now, and it may have gearbox issues with rust and bold tyres.

All we've done is stick go faster stripes on our Mini.

champs95
04-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Alright the Ferrari may be a 1976 308 GTB now, and it may have gearbox issues with rust and bold tyres.

All we've done is stick go faster stripes on our Mini.

The Ferrari has failed its MOT, while yours has had a full upgrade in its engine...and go faster stripes :D

I still remember that Ternant interview. He did many similar in his (good) time down at Gigg Lane.

How did his comments go down over your side Stan, following that display & result?

tonymorleysbaldhead
04-03-2014, 12:46 PM
And that Ferrari cost approximately 60,000,000 good old fashioned English pounds, unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, the hapless owners forgot to keep up with the repayments, and now the Banks have called time, and are calling in the debt.

Meanwhile, the little Mini, complete with full engine upgrade, was sensibly paid for in full at a fraction of its real value, and is now out of the blocks and motoring along at a real, steady pace, thank you very much.

UTC.

Stan_van_nel
04-03-2014, 12:57 PM
'How did his comments go down over your side Stan, following that display & result?'

Let's just say that they went down because he was correct.

I'll take this opportunity to say that I actually did mean that the tyres on the Ferrari are brave and courageous and have plenty of tread.

I didn't mean 'bald' at all. ;D

yorkyclaret
04-03-2014, 04:46 PM
I just compare the production figures for Minis and Ferraris.

champs95
04-03-2014, 08:52 PM
I just compare the production figures for Minis and Ferraris.

To continue in the same vein though. Somebody offers you a choice between the Ferrari or a mini, I'm pretty sure I can imagine which you'd choose. As much fun & reliable a mini is, the ride in the Ferrari is much more of an exciting, sought after experience. While many havr ridden in a mini, only a select few have had the priveledge of a Ferrari. Okay, it needs a bit of a tweek, but its been one hell of a ride up to now, one I wouldnt swap for anything. And thats taking into consideration the last 3 years performance from said vehicle.

Rvblue
04-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Champs a great response to the crowing tykes.

I just hope Rovers can come up with a similar winning response on Sunday.

jimmymaccer
04-03-2014, 10:25 PM
I'd go Ferrari but then wish I hadn't...
And whilst the build up to Sunday is the usual...do I sense, apart from the 4 or 5 loons that the banter is becoming what it should be...
Can't wait for a cracking local derby...
Then a few beers...

yorkyclaret
04-03-2014, 10:39 PM
But if I was allowed to drive over on Sunday I would take a Mini, not only would it give me a decent chance of getting there without the help of the AA but also a possibility of it being in the same condition when I go back to it after the match!

tonymorleysbaldhead
05-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Rvblue:'Champs a great response to the crowing tykes.'

Great response ? really, oh, OK. Anyway, to my main point, we've listened to you lot 'crowing' for donkey's years - I'd hardly call a couple of light-hearted replies to a mini/ferrari jokey thread 'crowing', would you really ?

Most Clarets really are just taking it a game a time - 39 points still to play for - owt can happen. As for Sunday, it could go either way -you could easily win it - we play as we can, we perhaps should (not often we have been able to say that, is that 'crowing' - no, just being positive).

UTC.

yorkyclaret
09-03-2014, 07:55 PM
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER
http://i59.tinypic.com/33xaowg.jpg
This one made $65000 at auction