PDA

View Full Version : so,so lucky

redgreggie
04-03-2014, 03:59 PM
so, so lucky to be the age I am...

I remember when bread was...bread, with lovely crusts

when you could get a decent job, on a liveable wage

when you could work for a firm for as long as you chose...as long as you did your work properly.

when you could afford to go to the match

when your team could pay the players from the gate receipts

when liquorice allsorts had real liquorice in them

when *** was still a mystery

when there was no such product as vagisil...what's happened to them parts these days?

when 'thrush' was a type of bird, not something a bird caught!

when we had majestic steam trains

when we had magnificent ships in our glorious Merchant Navy...

why all this reminiscing I hear you ask...

just read that a long established company that I worked for for 25 years, part of the time in Bedford and the remainder in Morley, a very innovotive supplier to the printing industry, a Yorkshire company, is closing it's doors in 2015, with around 210 people losing their job.

aussieowl
05-03-2014, 05:25 AM
Top post Ray.

Sticking to a football theme, I reckon I was lucky to have been born & raised in a time when it was 100% OK to be an Owl or a Blade...no hate, no dismissing a person before he spoke a word because he supported t'other team...lucky there were no 'pigs', just Unitedites & Wednesdayites.

Also so lucky to have seen Geoff Boycott score what I believe was his maiden first class century at Bramall Lane in 1963...I say to have seen but my dad reckons I just ran around mucking about all day, I was only seven though..XD

So lucky to have seen England win the world cup, went to West Germany v Switzerland at Hillsborough...I thought the film GOAL was the best thing I'd ever seen...so lucky to have watched the likes of Bobby Charlton, Denis Law & George Best grace the Hillsborough pitch, brilliant days for football.

redgreggie
05-03-2014, 10:20 AM
hi aussie...

memories, aaaah, wonderful.

to continue...

when

gay...meant jovial

wicked...meant evil

oh, and if your player got injured you dipped into your reserves, no such thing as 'the loan market'

there are downsides though...

I was on the planet at the same time as ant & dec!

ray...in Batley.