PDA

View Full Version : Up the Railwaymen!

VindePays2009
05-03-2014, 11:46 AM
If it wasn't just Vincent Tan and the shirt change, then Ehab Allam on his dad's desire for the club to be rebranded Hull Tigers, strange noises are coming out of the Crewe boardroom.

One director (who shall beless) is said to have remarked: "There must be no more of this backward-looking nonsense about Gresty Road; the Alexandra Stadium, with its reference to royalty, is the tool we need to unlock those world-wide marketing opportunities. The home shirts are actually O.K., giving off that good-luck vibe. But we don't need "Alexandra" to be mentioned twice, repetition kills brand identity, so in keeping with the club's rich heritage (always a plus to boost a product, as in the Hovis ads), the club should from now on be known as Crewe Railwaymen.

Failure to implement these changes will lead to my withdrawal of the moneys that I have pumped into the club."

Oh dear. Our greatest benefactor about to pull the plug on us? I wonder what his initials are.

AlexLeicester
05-03-2014, 11:52 AM
The royalty reference is clearly *****ly important. We ared after the Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps therefore it is only right that the team strip should be a nurses uniform topped off - as there is an army reference - by a rifle with bayonet fixed.
That would put the wind up the opposition. :-D

Alexmaverick
05-03-2014, 12:10 PM
The royalty reference is clearly *****ly important. We ared after the Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps therefore it is only right that the team strip should be a nurses uniform topped off - as there is an army reference - by a rifle with bayonet fixed.
That would put the wind up the opposition. :-D
Wouldn't mind seeing Alison donning said nurses uniform,as for the bayonet I'm saying no more.

AstonAlex
05-03-2014, 01:02 PM
With our luck it will be Matron Bakes and Staff Nurse Toots reporting for duty . . and, like maverick, I shall steer well clear of the bayonets and leave such references to the twit G Ray, excuse me twitterer, or whatever the noun should be!!

lestiverton
06-03-2014, 05:32 PM
I have a vision of Bakes reminiscent of Hattie Jacques in "Carry on Nurse". SD would be Sir Lancelot Spratt.

AstonAlex
06-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Sorry, les, but you're mixing up your films - Lancelot Spratt was in Doctor in the House; I know I'm sad!!

SD could perhaps be Dr Tinkle with Norm Rowlinson as Dr Kilmore. . . .

lestiverton
07-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Oops! You're right! However, the "Carry on ..."s are preferable, funnier.