PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton

JRSLEFTPEG
05-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Wednesday night and must be time for the match thread . They will be confident but so will we and should be a cracker . Thank goodness for these play offs because our season could be more or less dead by now like in seasons past.

middleagedirtbag
05-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Heavy duty and mean opposition.Brick sh1thouses against our powderpuff threat.3 wins from 4 so far for the Accies,two of them thoroughly deserved,albeit at home.Time for a change.(Hopefully!)

Palmyman
06-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Unless Livi score a barrowload of goals v Falkirk (and they won't) Queens will stay in 4th place but an Accies victory can see them top of the league again - no doubt a tough game beckons.

jardi
06-03-2014, 03:20 PM
A brilliant game in prospect once again at Palmy, and one that I'm really looking forward to.

The people who decide the future of the Scottish game have been criticised at every turn, and rightly so, but I do think praise is due for making the league as exciting as the cup games, as there is now a real point to every match.

qosdreamer
07-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Should be a cracking game.Accies are the best side to rock up to Palmerston this season.I like the two full backs but they have athletes with good energy throughout the team.Hopefully McHugh and Reilly carry on from Dumbarton they could be a very decent partnership.If McKenna is fit he will be straight in for Kerr to strengthen the midfield.A hard game but one we need to be up for from the start.Come on Queens.

sneddee
07-03-2014, 09:46 PM
mon the queens!do us a favour, 1-0 qots.

Lefty3
08-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Yes a tough game against a very energetic side. Hamilton are the best team i've seen this season.But if the defence play as well as last week, then we have a good chance of a result.Because we are more than capable of scoring goals against any team in this league.
Hopefully Paton will start today because he gives us more strength and energy. If fit i would start with this eleven.
1.CLARK
2.MITCHELL
3.HOLT
4.McSHANE
5.DURNAN
6.DOWIE
7.BURNS
8.REILLY
9.McHUGH
10.PATON
11.RUSSELL
C'mon Queeeeeeeeens!

jardi
08-03-2014, 05:12 PM
A good point earned today.

Queens looked down and out until Carmichael and then Lyle came on.

Hamilton had technically better players and had brilliant special awareness. I watched their training regime at half time and they were way ahead of Queens in terms of close control and fast feet.

Apart from a few daft passes out of defence though, Queens deserved their draw.

Burns and Reilly were excellent and Lyle looked really on a game when he came on.;

JRSLEFTPEG
08-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Cracking game with both teams giving it the proverbial 100% . The last two home games have been a pleasure to attend . What a great player Lyle is to bring on as an impact player . His will to win and clever , classy touches started paying off straight away. So pleased for Reilly as his workrate and harrassing nature deserved that goal .The whole team done well so no complaints and another valueable point in our play off quest.

fatfan
08-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Think this will be a game will live in the memory for a long time. Both teams in the second half were fully committed to attacking passing football and at the end the game was so open you wondered if there was going to be a number of goals scored in the last few minutes. The game in the first half was played to much in the queens half for my liking and at half time I was fearing the worst as Hamilton's midfield showed how good they were and our strikers were beginning to look isolated. That said we had the two best chances of the half when we hit the bar and post. The second half could have finished 10 each with the chances both teams created. The biggest difference to the game was obviously lyle coming on. He started to give Gavin something to work with and there midfield suddenly had to sit deeper to protect there defence.

Fantastic entertainment for everyone and we have proven yet again that we can compete with the so called top teams in this league. Just a pity more of the to

MCMXIX
08-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Really good game especially after Gavin Reilly had evened things up . A draw was probably about right but let's not forget we hit the woodwork twice in the first half . Might of lost it right at the end but what a great save from Big Zander Clark

Crowd 1703 , not sure what else Queens can do to encourage fans through the gate . That's 2 very entertaining games in a row & we're sitting 4th

MUSKY
08-03-2014, 06:25 PM
As has been said that was the second week in a row that we have had a really entertaining game at Palmerston. For me Hamilton have looked the best side I have seen this season and again today they looked strong and slick. We deserved the point though and had no failures in the team. Gavin Reilly looks strong and is benefiting from starting games. I was impressed with Burnsy and Dowie today as well. 4th place is ours and we can only throw it away.

deek5trans
08-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Fantastic game of football. I think we edged it on chances created although Hamilton looked stronger in the 2nd half.

2 cracking saves from big Zander.

Stand outs for me were Reilly, Burns and Dowie

nithvalley
08-03-2014, 07:21 PM
" 4th place is ours and we can only throw it away"

A somewhat bold and inaccurate statement.

We are not far enough ahead to "throw it away" .

Instead, we are - and will have to continue - working very hard to maintain our position.

There are at least 2 other - possibly 4 - teams in the hunt for 4th spot.

There will be plenty of 'ups and downs ' before the season end.

aloreburn
08-03-2014, 07:44 PM
[quote="nithvalley"

Instead, we are - and will have to continue - working very hard to maintain our position.

There will be plenty of 'ups and downs ' before the season end.[/quote]

Ohhhh - you're alive after all ;)

MUSKY
08-03-2014, 08:14 PM
[quote="nithvalley"

There will be plenty of 'ups and downs ' before the season end.[/quote]...

That's just my honest opinion...Looking at the remaining fixtures I feel confident that we will keep 4th place...no need for you to try and be smart and make an issue of my statement.

EildonBlue
08-03-2014, 08:50 PM
I think I must have watched a different game than some of the earlier posters because I thought it was a dreadful game. No doubting the effort and energy of both teams but Queens just lumped it forward for most of the game. I know Hamilton are playing well and have a few good players but we made little attempt to play through the midfield because there was no space or width. Great save by the keeper to earn a point at the end. I'm not a regular at Queens' home games due to the distance I have to travel. Today's team setup was strange and did nothing to encourage me to spend the money and make the effort to attend more often.

nithvalley
08-03-2014, 08:57 PM
" Ohhhh - you're alive after all "

Thankfully yes but it was a close thing. Not quite out of the woods yet !

nithvalley
08-03-2014, 09:00 PM
" no need for you to try and be smart and make an issue of my statement. "

Not my intention at all.

Surely this is a Forum for - as you have done - people to give their opinion.

Having looked at the facts/stats, I have given mine.

qosdreamer
08-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Well done to both teams for their efforts in a frenetic match.
Like others have said Accies had plenty of pressure but they never created that many clear chances only Andreu's brillant half-volley in the first half equalled by Zander.Was there a foul by Canning at the goal?Durnan certainly seen it that way.Well done to Danny for his challenge to enable Gavin to fire home.We went close again through Burnsy,Russell and Reilly again but Curier could have won it for Accies but for another great save by Zander.
I love the attitude of Gordon at right back for Accies gets up and down the pitch,likes a tackle and takes a tackle with no complaints.Canning and Garcia were solid in the middle of the defence and they are tidy throughout the team.Will they have the goals to win the league?Kudos to Cuthbert for telling Garcia to get up after his little play act and MacKinnon on his retro Gazzaesque cupping of Lyle.
Burns had a decent game and Zander did his job well but i thought Gavin was top man

queens1986
09-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Today I agree was a great spectacle of football and played at a high tempo from both teams.
Best player on the park was Reilly and Dowie. Don't forget Zander who had two magnificent saves in the second half.
Prior to going one down a was very annoyed and frustrated at the time Russell spends luying on the ground. Ziggy for Hamilton done this in the second half and was good to see boss Neil tell the lad to get f#*##*## up. A wish McIntyre would adopt this attitude and sort Russell out.
Twice yesterday Russell lost possession and gave up tracking back! Yeah Russell can't tackle but just chase the ball and apply pressure.
A thought Kerr's experience was evident throughout breaking up play and communicating constantly with team mates. When burns moved in one we got more of a foot hold on the game.
Credit to McIntyre for ringing the changes with Carmichael and Lyle coming on in place of the quiet pair McShane and McHugh, this brought more wing play and helped Russell and Reilly a great deal

MCMXIX
09-03-2014, 10:59 AM
I think I must have watched a different game than some of the earlier posters because I thought it was a dreadful game. No doubting the effort and energy of both teams but Queens just lumped it forward for most of the game. I know Hamilton are playing well and have a few good players but we made little attempt to play through the midfield because there was no space or width. Great save by the keeper to earn a point at the end. I'm not a regular at Queens' home games due to the distance I have to travel. Today's team setup was strange and did nothing to encourage me to spend the money and make the effort to attend more often.

It was most certainly NOT a dreadful game ...????

jardi
09-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Sorry eildonblue, compared to watching Manchester Utd playing (this season) that was an excellent game!

Palmyman
09-03-2014, 02:38 PM
eildon blue if you thought that game was dreadful I suggest you visit Specsavers soon

Auld_Chippy
09-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Agree with the majority of posters that yesterday's game was entertaining and a draw was probably a fair result. IMO Hamilton are the best we have played against over the course of the season so far. They do everything FAST, throw-ins, free-kicks, etc which nearly caught us out a couple of times yesterday. Queens could do to take a leaf out of their book as we often take too long to do things which lets the opposition get back to cover. It could be a fitness thing or just lack of awareness on our part. I have been critical of Reilly for being a bit of a push-over for defenders but he seems to be adopting a more physical approach with a bit more "dig" during the past few games. Both keepers also brought off a couple of good saves to keep their team in the game. Leaving aside Morton this is still a tight division from fourth downwards and we will need to keep putting in performances like yesterday's if we are to retain a play-off place but at least it looks a bit more likely compared to

fatfan
09-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Have to agree that there is still a lot of points to play for and queens have to continue with there current form to make sure we keep 4th spot, however what a transformation in the side and the attitude of the support over the last couple of months. I for one have to take my hat off to the manager as he has turned things around as, dare I say it, we look to be safe in the league, and he has proved me, and a few others wrong. He has managed to steer the side in the right direction at the right time and got us into a great position to capture at least 4th spot.

deek5trans
09-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Yup, credit where credits due, JM has turned us around. The players are playing with confidence and belief. Complete world away from the shambles of the 1st third of the season.

jardi
10-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Totally agree Auld Chippy "that Queens could take a leaf out of Hamilton's book and do things a bit quicker."

Without being critical of our own training methods and instead simply suggesting an idea for discussion at management level, we could do to take a leaf out of Hamilton's book and incorporate some of their training methodology. As already mentioned, I was impressed by their half time warm up for the subs which involved shuttles, very tight circles with one in the middle and concluding with keepy-uppy in a circle.

There is nothing new in those tactics, but it certainly makes for extremely quick players - in terms of their reactions and pace over the first yard.

palmylad
13-03-2014, 04:49 PM
The goals from the weekend ...

A foul on Durnan for the Hamilton goal perhaps ???? - view external link (http://youtu.be/OfxLGpUhE5w)

middleagedirtbag
14-03-2014, 12:49 PM
No perhaps about it.He was definitely hauled away by the Accies scorer!

arrol1919
14-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Agreed , no wonder Durns wasn't happy