PDA

View Full Version : Burnley(home)predictions

robinrover
06-03-2014, 06:02 AM
If we have 2 centre backs(Hanley and Kilgallon or 2 on loan)we are more than able to get at least a draw.
If we have a botched up defence like against Bolton we are getting a tommy tanking.
2-2 draw at the moment that could change when the team is announced.

BenBRFC
06-03-2014, 08:33 AM
3-1 Burnley

Oh well, **** happens

seventwo
06-03-2014, 12:57 PM
A Burnley win by at least two goals, if they get one early it could be a massacre.

They are playing well and have great spirit, we have feck all.

champs95
06-03-2014, 01:35 PM
A Burnley win by at least two goals, if they get one early it could be a massacre.

They are playing well and have great spirit, we have feck all.

Cant see that happening at all Sven. Do you think they are that much better than us? I dont think anyone is that much better than anyone in this league. Last saturdays result was a freak, due to us resting key players (for this game) and injuries. As was the first game against Bolton (the 4-1).
Dont get me wrong, they are okay, but they arent Man City. They are about the only side I could see turning up, and being 3 or 4 goals ahead. As it was, we should have beaten them at home.

What this isnt, is a reverse of the last time we where sat in the auto positions, and our rivals sat just outside the play-offs with a chance of going up still. That game ended 5-0.

This one wont.
We wont lose this game.

Quickenthetempo
06-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Your right we are not much better than anyone but we very rarely look like getting beat at all.
It's not flash but every player knows there job and tends to perform it. We are a bit German like if you will and most opposition fans walk away thinking we aren't that good and shouldn't be anywhere near 2nd place. Well apart from Forest as we slapped them purple.

It will be 1-1 or we will win by the odd goal.

champs95
06-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Your right we are not much better than anyone but we very rarely look like getting beat at all.
It's not flash but every player knows there job and tends to perform it. We are a bit German like if you will and most opposition fans walk away thinking we aren't that good and shouldn't be anywhere near 2nd place. Well apart from Forest as we slapped them purple.

It will be 1-1 or we will win by the odd goal.

Aye, fair comment. Your league position is no fluke, and your consistent nature has been your greatest asset. You rarley look like losing, and even if you do, you usually get back on track the game or so after. You have found a way of getting results in a league notorious for the not getting consistent results.

alfinyalcabo
06-03-2014, 04:10 PM
I absolutely refuse to give a forecast for this match.. :s

One thing that is certain is the ref will give you all the help and decisions you need ( sending offs ,dodgy penalty etc..)

rossendaleareaclaret
06-03-2014, 05:24 PM
3 0 to the soon to be premiership club the pride of Lancashire burnley fc !!!!

Pooch
06-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Last week we weren't right. They were thinking about this game.
2-1 Rovers

needle
06-03-2014, 06:22 PM
I`ll take a 3 goal defeat now !
I see us getting completely battered .

claret1978
06-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Still think you will win 2-1, only coz its you.

pfcsteve72
06-03-2014, 07:30 PM
3 0 to the soon to be premiership club the pride of Lancashire burnley fc !!!!Talking cr@p rossey

Port_glasgow_Bhoy
06-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Backed Rovers to win with both teams to score at 4/1

seventwo
06-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Well it's certainly true that any team can beat any other in this league a glance at the table shows that few have beaten the dingles. Their record is clear and we're in for a stuffing

Aren't we?

claret1978
06-03-2014, 08:00 PM
We dont talk about it, not like you lot. lol. wot will be will be. derby day anything can happen.usally in ur favor!

bfc1983
06-03-2014, 09:23 PM
1-1

Nailed on and at 5/1 not a bad price.

Wacked1212
06-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Well it's certainly true that any team can beat any other in this league a glance at the table shows that few have beaten the dingles. Their record is clear and we're in for a stuffing

Aren't we?

Was there a time when you LIKED anything about the club you allegedly support?????

Sometimes I wonder if you're that fella who sits near us and boo's at anything;-)

You're not are you????

LincolnClaret
07-03-2014, 08:36 AM
The one game you can't predict is a derby. You were soundly beaten last week and we're coming into it on the back of beating Forest and Derby. The form book says an away win is likely; history and the fact it's a derby would suggest otherwise.

I still think a point is a good point for us.

1-1

mybloodisclaret
07-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Not sure why my claret brothers are so confident bout this one, this game is always a tough one for us, we do have a tremendous squad and dont get me wrong they are playing tremendously well, but derby day is different somehow, you have managed thru cheating (the foul on ings at the Turf) and awful decisions (olsson and fat lad) to remain unbeaten for the last few games.
The way I see it is... if the ref, the very able Mr Dean, has a good game, we could well win, and perhaps should win by maybe two?? a bit of controversy against us and defeat is a rare chance, in honesty I would take a draw now.

champs95
07-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Not sure why my claret brothers are so confident bout this one, this game is always a tough one for us, we do have a tremendous squad and dont get me wrong they are playing tremendously well, but derby day is different somehow, you have managed thru cheating (the foul on ings at the Turf) and awful decisions (olsson and fat lad) to remain unbeaten for the last few games.
The way I see it is... if the ref, the very able Mr Dean, has a good game, we could well win, and perhaps should win by maybe two?? a bit of controversy against us and defeat is a rare chance, in honesty I would take a draw now.

To be fair, we cheated (as you say ...but your not bitter at all) during the 5-0 game you strangely didn't mention. We went easy on you at 5 when in reality we should've gone for 6 or 7.

seventwo
07-03-2014, 12:51 PM

Aren't we?

Was there a time when you LIKED anything about the club you allegedly support?????

Sometimes I wonder if you're that fella who sits near us and boo's at anything;-)

You're not are you????[/quote]

Ironic that you should post that. we should rename you WHOOSH

seventwo
07-03-2014, 01:05 PM
I had a dream 2-2 coming from behind twice a la bigmoon

M14VAY
07-03-2014, 01:17 PM
A point will do me.
we need to forget which team we are playing and concentrate on the bigger picture, we have bigger games ahead of us ( no offence rovers ) to get involved in a make or break 90 minute game. We can ill afford to pick up any silly injuries or suspensions.
It's rovers cup final not ours this is the last game rovers have to salvage anything from another mediocre championship season, if we lose it will behow we react to weather we go up or not but win... well it will be the catalyst for the remaining 12 cup finals.

seventwo
07-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Hello Vinjay

champs95
07-03-2014, 03:10 PM
A point will do me.
we need to forget which team we are playing and concentrate on the bigger picture, we have bigger games ahead of us ( no offence rovers ) to get involved in a make or break 90 minute game. We can ill afford to pick up any silly injuries or suspensions.
It's rovers cup final not ours this is the last game rovers have to salvage anything from another mediocre championship season, if we lose it will behow we react to weather we go up or not but win... well it will be the catalyst for the remaining 12 cup finals.

Its this kind of idiot, t=and why I hate this game. Its a huge borefest, and invites these little muppets to turn up here and proclaim 'its Rovers cup final'

All...and I mean ALL ..I have heard in my whole liftime (as I'm 37) is how Burnley are going to do this and that- its always from some guy like this one.
I always here its our cup final not theirs.
I always here we cheated, the ref cheated, Dunn ch

robinrover
07-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Couldn't of put it any better myself champs
Every time this fixture comes around the board gets flooded by the idiots of Burnley.
Strange but once it passes only a small group of the true fans of the clarets remain.

M14VAY
07-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Ouch! It hurts champs I understand but please do not tar me with this brush your waving around.
I haven't disrespected you or your club but facts are facts dont get ate up.
we have been the little scruffy neighbours for far to long and now the sun is shining on us you get all upset and start the calling.

It clearly pains you as at 37 you have never seen burnley beat blackburn and your ****age years of supporting the english champions is just a distant memory.
I fear a burnley win may tip you over the edge.

Like I say a draw suits all parties, we go up, you can say 35 years and the circus can start again either in august or whenever we get relegated.

Chin up chumps95 xx

alfinyalcabo
07-03-2014, 05:19 PM
A point will do me.

Its this kind of idiot, t=and why I hate this game. Its a huge borefest, and invites these little muppets to turn up here and proclaim 'its Rovers cup final'

All...and I mean ALL ..I have heard in my whole liftime (as I'm 37) is how Burnley are going to do this and that- its always from some guy like this one.
I al

BlueANwhite
07-03-2014, 05:43 PM
I keep hearing all the pressure is on Blackburn when in truth we are happy to of steadied the ship ended the circus and kept or 35 year record intact while doing so

Burnley best hope they manage to get promoted if they wish to keep hold of Sean Dyche and Ings Vokes

Sean Dyche might be in the premiership next season but will Burnley be with him, On the evidence of the way you have bottled your last few chances to beat us unlikely

champs95
07-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Ouch! It hurts champs I understand but please do not tar me with this brush your waving around.
we have been the little scruffy neighbours for far to long and now the sun is shining on us you get all upset and start the calling.

It clearly pains you as at 37 you have never seen burnley beat blackburn and your ****age years of supporting the english champions is just a distant memory.
I fear a burnley win may tip you over the edge.

Like I say a draw suits all parties, we go up, you can say 35 years and the circus can start again either in august or whenever we get relegated.

Chin up chumps95 xx

All that rubbish, I dont read this kind of stuff I have heard it all before - funnily enough just before every derby game - 'we are going to do you'
'will out sing you'
'we will finally beat you'
Its all very funny. The only thing that matters, is your i

champs95
07-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Couldn't of put it any better myself champs
Every time this fixture comes around the board gets flooded by the idiots of Burnley.
Strange but once it passes only a small group of the true fans of the clarets remain.

excatly. Funny how none of these muppets are around at any other time.
Its good we have Alf, Stan, Padders, Yorky etc, as they are just normal clarets.

These excited lads turning up telling us its our cup final. Oh the irony. The fact they had to come on here to tell us this, always makes me laugh.

And the fact I actually wish them well and hope they get themselves up seems to confuse the hell out of them.

We all know the rountine by now, its been this way for my whole lifetime.

They come on get very excited, lose, get shown up and disappear off...then a week before the next derby match,they all tyrn up and do it again.

The whole thing makes me laugh.

Davhor
07-03-2014, 07:03 PM
My head's telling me we could get spanked. I can't write the 'D' word, so a draw. Score, no idea.

dunn0709
07-03-2014, 07:27 PM

"It's rovers cup final not ours this is the last game rovers have to salvage anything from another mediocre championship season"

It's comments like the above that mean you are exactly the type that should be tarred with said brush.

You lot really do make me laugh. You genuinely all seem to think that's it, job done, the sands have shifted. Phuck me, all because of about 18 months of football.

And yet none of you appear to have spotted the irony. You have gone on about us being arrogant for decades now. Maybe some were, but we were competing at a higher level than you (for a period the highest level) fo

champs95
07-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Dont dazzle the poor lad with logic Dunny.

Let them be excited, its going to be funny. Remember we know the final page of this little story.
We have heard it before.
They get a manager, who stumbles onto a winning formula. It is a one off, as he simply never got results like this. For now, its looking a complete one off. That happens in football.
They go up, he leaves, the better players do aswell. And they are subsequently relegated. And revert back to exactly what they are.
Owen Coyle was a footballing genius I seem to remember. The best thing since sliced bread. A legend.
He left, he became rubbish overnight & labelled judas.
Now, he never was any good. We told them that, but no...same lads pile on here, tell us 'this is their year'
We do the double and none are seen again. Until this week...and shock horror, what are they saying? All the same *******s. Just enjoy sunday, and the season, and dont get too ahead of yourselves. Ask, what happened last time? Did going up mean hu

AucklandRover
07-03-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm with Alf on this one. It's ridiculous to think a meaningful prediction for this match is possible when there are so many uncertainties and so much history.
At this point, it is even feasible that Rovers will be fielding only one legitimate centre-back, and that a youngster making his debut.
On FORM, Burnley should win 3-0, but I would be very surprised if form proves to be the only factor.

Font_of_knowledge
07-03-2014, 09:47 PM
The last time we went up we did get "massive" investment into our first team. Well, by our standards anyway, but it was done in a controlled way. This meant we were well prepared for relegation if/when it came. It proved to be good management as it happened. Despite OC's obvious limitations, I really think we'd have stayed up had he stayed. We were only 5 points, or a win away to Wigan, when we hit the post and they went down the other end and scored in the final minute, from staying up.

The rest went on wages and paying off debts which by any business standards again, is good practice. We also bought our ground back.

This time, if we are lucky enough to go up, we aren't already saddled with debt and an ageing squad. We have a much younger squad, very little debt, even to directors. We own our ground now so any investment of the reported £120m would be on the playing squad (most of it) aside from maybe £15m for a new stand and training facilities.

We're certainly in a much stronger

Stan_van_nel
07-03-2014, 10:05 PM
[quote="Font_of_knowledge" investment into our first team. Well, by our standards anyway, but it was done in a controlled way. This meant we were well prepared for relegation if/when it came. It proved to be good management as it happened. Despite OC's obvious limitations, I really think we'd have stayed up had he stayed. We were only 5 points, or a win away to Wigan, when we hit the post and they went down the other end and scored in the final minute, from staying up.

The rest went on wages and paying off debts which by any business standards again, is good practice. We also bought our ground back.

This time, if we are lucky enough to go up, we aren't already saddled with debt and an ageing squad. We have a much younger squad, very little debt, even to directors. We own our ground now so any investment of the reported i120m would be on the playing squad (most of it) aside from maybe i15m for a new stand and tr

paderbornclaret
07-03-2014, 10:39 PM
[quote="Stan_van_nel" investment into our first team. Well, by our standards anyway, but it was done in a controlled way. This meant we were well prepared for relegation if/when it came. It proved to be good management as it happened. Despite OC's obvious limitations, I really think we'd have stayed up had he stayed. We were only 5 points, or a win away to Wigan, when we hit the post and they went down the other end and scored in the final minute, from staying up.

This time, if we are lucky enough to go up, we aren't already saddled with debt and an ageing squad. We have a much younger squad, very little debt, even to directors. We own our ground now so any investment of the reported i120m would be on the playing squad (most o

seventwo
07-03-2014, 10:57 PM
OC took you down,no question.

jimmymaccer
08-03-2014, 08:45 AM
That 5 nil match was a mare! I think you hit the bar almost from kick off and in the second half our full backs were virtually spinning into the ground. We tried to leave but even the coppers were laughing saying "you can't, you've to stay right to the end!"

Surely our time has come, but Derby day and fat lad and his mates will be a potential leveller.

Enjoy the day!

champs95
08-03-2014, 10:03 AM
[quote="Font_of_knowledge" investment into our first team. Well, by our standards anyway, but it was done in a controlled way. This meant we were well prepared for relegation if/when it came. It proved to be good management as it happened. Despite OC's obvious limitations, I really think we'd have stayed up had he stayed. We were only 5 points, or a win away to Wigan, when we hit the post and they went down the other end and scored in the final minute, from staying up.

This time, if we are lucky enough to go up, we aren't already saddled with debt and an ageing squad. We have a much younger squad, very little debt, even to directors. We own our ground now so any investment of the reported ?120m would be on the playing squad (most of it) aside from maybe ?15m for a new stand and tr

Font_of_knowledge
08-03-2014, 11:03 AM
[quote="champs95" investment into our first team. Well, by our standards anyway, but it was done in a controlled way. This meant we were well prepared for relegation if/when it came. It proved to be good management as it happened. Despite OC's obvious limitations, I really think we'd have stayed up had he stayed. We were only 5 points, or a win away to Wigan, when we hit the post and they went down the other end and scored in the final minute, from staying up.

This time, if we are lucky enough to go up, we aren't already saddled with debt and an ageing squad. We have a much younger squad, very little debt, even to directors. We own our ground now so any investment of the reported ?120m would be on the playing squad (most of it

champs95
08-03-2014, 11:40 AM

This time, if we are lucky enough to go up, we aren't already saddled with debt and an ageing squad. We have a much younger squad, very little debt, even to directors. We own our ground now so any investment of the r

buxtonclaret
08-03-2014, 04:06 PM
It's been mentioned above, form can often go out of the window in Derby games.
But we've grown into in different beast under SD.

I'm quietly confident of three points.

Just hoping any idiots (wearing either colours) don't give the Lancs Constabulary any reasons to continue the ridiculous travel arrangements.

Burnley 2-0

scouseclaret
08-03-2014, 08:55 PM
"Its all very funny. The only thing that matters, is your inability to beat us."

That's the point - its the only thing that matters to you, because all that is left amongst the wreckage of your football club is your record against us (which, lets remember, is actually only 11 games with the last three drawn.)

For us, of course, whilst we would dearly love to put the 35 years thing to bed, to say "its the only thing that matters" to a club with a very real opportunity to win promotion is plainly ridiculous. If, next time we meet, you're bragging about 40-something years (and 12 games) coz we've been in a higher division, I'll take that in a heartbeat.

Oh, and for the record, the 5-0 was one of the most painful experiences in my Burnley-supporting life, but its ancient history now. Far less relevant than the 20 points that currently separates us!

thewellernut70
08-03-2014, 09:01 PM
In all honesty at this point I would take a point and move on to the Brum game mid week.Local bragging rights are what they are and it is still a big game for both sets of supporters.I will be glad around 2:30pm tomorrow when it's all done and dusted for the time being

claret1978
08-03-2014, 09:48 PM
All we need now is a jack, eh champs! And we can win (buy) the prem. Lol. but we wont get that coz we are your poor neighbours, who you are superior too.

robinrover
09-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Ah the old Jack chestnut for some of you dingles it still gripes you that little old blackburn had a hometown hero put his hard earned cash into the club he loved instead of in his pocket.
Luck would have it for you boys venkys have done a fine job in destroying that.
It has been pretty much 20 years ago we were the prem winners might be time to put this little bit of jealousy to bed ;D who knows you might have a Jack come along oh bugger ffp put pay to that.

Font_of_knowledge
09-03-2014, 07:24 AM
[quote="champs95" investment into our first team. Well, by our standards anyway, but it was done in a controlled way. This meant we were well prepared for relegation if/when it came. It proved to be good management as it happened. Despite OC's obvious limitations, I really think we'd have stayed up had he stayed. We were only 5 points, or a win away to Wigan, when we hit the post and they went down the other end and scored in the final minute, from staying up.

This time, if we are lucky enough to go up, we aren't already saddled with debt and an ageing squad. We have a much younger squad, very little debt, even to directors. We

robinrover
09-03-2014, 08:37 AM

This time, if we are lucky enough to go up, we aren't already saddled with debt and an ageing squad. We have a much

Pooch
09-03-2014, 02:17 PM
as soon as Rhodes hit the post i knew it...

Stan_van_nel
09-03-2014, 03:34 PM
We wont lose this game.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ljrqpy.jpg

NUMANdroid
09-03-2014, 03:52 PM

I always here we cheated, the ref cheated, Dunn cheated, the crowd cheated, we couldnt sell our tickets etc etc.
Everything other than accepting you have been beaten by the better team more often than not.

Our cup final?
If you lose on Sunday, and it has an effect on the rest of your season, then I'd say it would have big say in what happens from now until May. You have done wonderfully well to get to where you have. I for one wish you well. I hope you make it. I dont like you, but I respect your achievments.

Thats one thing you lack, as your clearly a muppet. Respect.

The last ime we won promotion, and you where sat in our exact po

champs95
09-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Stan, I really didn't see you winning, but fair play to you, it's that kind of a season.
We simply have to take this one, not much else can be said. No excuses, no blaming the ref, no slating your fans, no slating your club.
You came & beat us fair and square. When you win, you enjoy it. When lose you accept it.
To you and Alf, Padds, Yorky. I extend congrats. You are putting yourselves in such a great position. But the attitude seems to be grounded. One game at a time.

Haha...lads like above, never heard or seen him before? I've had many chances to go and crow on CM. But not once have I done so. Your an absolute bell end if you turn up to crow now?!!! Says a lot about you. Where were you when you lost NuMan blah blah blah? Copy and paste a conversation you didn't have any input in you all like? I'd entertain you if you had once done on here to say well done in all those years.
Any old prick can come on now, and they will. For't decent regular lads, well done, enjoy the victory.

NUMANdroid
09-03-2014, 04:30 PM
That's rather unfair Champs. I keep a low profile usually because of how sensitive these things can be.
I have been on here numerous times, check my posts record.

I am sure BigMoon will back me up.

You're aiming your frustration at the wrong claret bud.

edit,
and I DID say well done for all those years Champs. Never a bad word from me.

One of the most influential people regarding seeing through the differences we have was a Blackburn supporter who I miss very much.

He was nicknamed Jimmy Hot Shirt, he had a stall on Burnley market and his lad Mark, used to run the Blackburn stall. Great people.

Just trying to extend the hand of friendship. Obviously chose a bad time.
Hey-ho.

champs95
09-03-2014, 05:15 PM
That's rather unfair Champs. I keep a low profile usually because of how sensitive these things can be.
I have been on here numerous times, check my posts record.

I am sure BigMoon will back me up.

You're aiming your frustration at the wrong claret bud.

edit,
and I DID say well done for all those years Champs. Never a bad word from me.

One of the most influential people regarding seeing through the differences we have was a Blackburn supporter who I miss very much.

He was nicknamed Jimmy Hot Shirt, he had a stall on Burnley market and his lad Mark, used to run the Blackburn stall. Great people.

Just trying to extend the hand of friendship. Obviously chose a bad time.
Hey-ho.

Fairy muff pal. Thinking back, I do recall the odd post from you now over the years. ;D ;D it's probably aimed more at the other few visitors we have now, it's expected, and nowt new. Re my point, you know what I'm saying, so let's leave it at that. O

NUMANdroid
09-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Take it easy fella.
No hard feelings.