PDA

View Full Version : Hibs ban the drum!

jwok
06-03-2014, 01:14 PM
A tweet from @SIWYfanzine reveals that the home fans think there's too much noise!

"It is with regret that we can confirm @HibernianFCClub have banned the drum for Sat's match due to 'noise complaints'.. at a football match."

Sup3rw3ll
06-03-2014, 02:04 PM
i'm not surprised. Also hope some of the more 'neddish' among the well bois don't continue this trend of setting off pyros at the match. it is strictly banned and will end up with the club being fined.

wellowell
06-03-2014, 03:48 PM
I have no problem with the drum and bad day when they say it is too noisy for a football match but I agree getting fed up with them letting off pyros if that's what their called as we will get in trouble 1 day and the last thing we need is a fine

bheron
06-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Personally I think the drums add great atmosphere and energy to the crowd.

Gowboy
06-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Agree on the drum and the singing the young lads make - a real plus - but the fireworks, flares etc. are a real stupid act and detract from their overall positive backing of the team (to say the least!)

bheron
06-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Agree on the drum and the singing the young lads make - a real plus - but the fireworks, flares etc. are a real stupid act and detract from their overall positive backing of the team (to say the least!) 100% agree with you

skippy91
06-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Aye that's what we need to bring the crowds back to Scottish fitbaw... turn the stadiums into libraries. What a ridiculous decision anything that enhances the atmosphere in the grounds (within the law, agree stop the bangers) should be embraced not banned. If you what piece and quiet at the fitbaw away and support Airdrie at New Broomfield. XD :/

sieb1886
06-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Fuddi-duddie's the lot of ye ...

Wellup4it
06-03-2014, 11:30 PM
A very poor show from Hibs. The suspicion must be that they don't want our fans to make too much noise or show too much support for the team in case it motivates them.

firparkloony
07-03-2014, 09:58 AM
I suspect that this has nothing to do with Hibs fans complaining about too much noise, (mind you they are not used to being supported, maybe the little angels are frightened)but that the club are fully aware of the lift the team gets when the drummer starts up and galvanises the rest of the travelling fans. This appears to me to be a definite ploy to prevent the away fans from getting behind their team as it obviously has a negative affect on the home team. You really have to credit big Terry with trying to do all he can to gain an advantage...but really too much noise at a game, give me strength. Can you imagine how embarrassed we would feel if our manager asked the opposition to stop singing as it was too noisey. I hope a lot of the Hibees get on this site and have a look and what is being said about them requesting this, I'll bet they are hugely embarrassed.
We should just make a racket anyway, that should annoy them intensely.

'Mon the 'WELL

dazlhigh
07-03-2014, 08:29 PM
I remember two or three seasons back a visiting manager at Fir Park tried to unsettle us by having us kick the 'wrong' way in the first half.
I wonder where he is now?

brain
09-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Remind me to write a wee letter of complaint to Motherwell FC the next time we play Hibs at Fir Park - I don't like the colour green and they make the South Stand look untidy, so please ban their fans.

Oh, I forgot, we'll no' see them again ... they'll be playing in the alternate half after April! :P