PDA

View Full Version : Who'll win the league

MCMXIX
06-03-2014, 04:51 PM
With the last quarter of the season fast approaching , who do you's think will win the Scottish Championship this season ?

I personally think that Saturdays opponents Hamilton are the best side I've seen this season & may just pip Dundee to the league title

Your thoughts please

A - Dundee
B - Hamilton
C - Falkirk
D - A.N.Other

JRSLEFTPEG
06-03-2014, 05:19 PM
People are always quick to critcise all aspects of our game - and yes me at times - but this has been a really good three horse title race . Ideally , Hamilton would go up if you were looking at it in a financial sense , retaining the supports of Falkirk and Dundee for next season. Accies have looked slightly like the best team to me as well but Dundee are obviously favourites with points on the board and size of club. Not to discount Falkirk either . Promises to be very exciting at both ends of the league with the only definite being Morton relegated.As I said before , if you add the play offs into the equation, the whole league has something to play for right to the end . All good .

aloreburn
06-03-2014, 05:31 PM
People are always quick to critcise all aspects of our game - and yes me at times - but this has been a really good three horse title race . Ideally , Hamilton would go up if you were looking at it in a financial sense , retaining the supports of Falkirk and Dundee for next season. Accies have looked slightly like the best team to me as well but Dundee are obviously favourites with points on the board and size of club. Not to discount Falkirk either . Promises to be very exciting at both ends of the league with the only definite being Morton relegated.As I said before , if you add the play offs into the equation, the whole league has something to play for right to the end . All good .

Have to agree with all your post there JR . Still plenty to play for & the introduction on the play-offs brings some much needed excitement to the end of the season .

Think Dundee will win the league ...but only just

There's going to be a great

McGuffie2
06-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Think Dundee will win it but there might be a few twists and turns before its finished...as JR says the only certainty would be Morton to finish bottom.

JRSLEFTPEG
06-03-2014, 06:28 PM
To me , you are not really better off finishing third rather than fourth regarding the play offs . Yes , you get the second leg at your ground but is that much or any advantage . You also would have to fight through the same amount of games (6) to reach the SPL. The team finishing second would have to see off the third/ fourth place side over two legs to get a crack at the SPL side to determine next season's league status . The odds are stacked in favour of the second bottom SPL side retaining their place BUT at least there is an avenue , a chance for the rest. We never really thought this would happen so progress IS being made . I predict that whoever wins through the Championship play offs will be fatigued , carrying knocks and maybe even have suspension problems before the final but we will see.

wull2001
06-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Hamilton

Palmyman
07-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Dundee who have a big squad and will have strikers Beattie and Doris back soon to further strengthen them though Accies can go back to the top on Saturday if they win at Palmerston and the Bairns cannot be discounted either if Doonhamer - born Rory Loy keeps banging in the goals.

JRSLEFTPEG
07-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Dundee who have a big squad and will have strikers Beattie and Doris back soon to further strengthen them though Accies can go back to the top on Saturday if they win at Palmerston and the Bairns cannot be discounted either if Doonhamer - born Rory Loy keeps banging in the goals. You seem like a clued up person. A welcome new addition to the site .

fatfan
07-03-2014, 04:36 PM
If Hamilton stay injury and suspension free till the end of the season then they bare my slight favourites to go up, but if not ,then Dundee will just pip them to the post due to the size of there squad. That said, with this league everyone is capable of taking points off each other on a regular basis so there will no doubt be some major twists and turns before the end of the season. With the play offs and the standard of all the teams then I think it's the hardest league in the country to get out of and the most exciting. I can't remember seeing a league with every team having something to fight for come this time of the year.

palmylad
07-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Wasn't overly impressed with Dundee the twice I've seen them at Palmerston this season but have been impressed with what I've seen of Hamilton ---- and we can't write off Falkirk just yet

There's no doubt both the promotion & relegation playoff places will go right to the wire .

Still plenty twist & turns to go

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
07-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Dundee who have a big squad and will have strikers Beattie and Doris back soon to further strengthen them though Accies can go back to the top on Saturday if they win at Palmerston and the Bairns cannot be discounted either if Doonhamer - born Rory Loy keeps banging in the goals. You seem like a clued up person. A welcome new addition to the site .[/quote]

Yes a welcome addition to the site and he does sound like a Daily Ranger reader which you no doubt will appreciate ! :D

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
07-03-2014, 05:59 PM
With the last quarter of the season fast approaching , who do you's think will win the Scottish Championship this season ?

I personally think that Saturdays opponents Hamilton are the best side I've seen this season & may just pip Dundee to the league title

Your thoughts please

A - Dundee
B - Hamilton
C - Falkirk
D - A.N.Other

From a football perspective Hamilton are the best team but Dundee with Hartley digging out results the title may go to the Dees but they will get murdered in the top Division.

On our day we can beat any of them especially at Palmy and McKintyre is slowly welding us into a hard to beat team with potential for a higher level but at the moment we have a fare bit to go.

I expect a close game tomorrow with perhaps the team who is more deadly in front of goal the victors.

Palmyman
07-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Daily Ranger ya bass - very good Shanty :D

billyqos
07-03-2014, 11:59 PM
WHY oh WHY are QoS fans NOT suggesting QoS can win the league? Can let the "romance" of 50 (yup FIFTY) years since we (AND I was there - fortunately or unfortunately depending on your views of ageism I guess) BUT with all these games to go - Hamilton at Palmerston tomorrow (surely we can/must take something from 3 defeats so far considering we have played the best team in the league (IMO)so close), we deserve something from playing Dundee up at Dens after them robbing us at Palmerston last month and surely we can "equalise" Falkirk results between home/away results SO all we have to do is keep some consistency with all the teams beneath our 4th/PLAY OFF placing AND with others dropping points against each other plus other slip ups WE WIN!! SimpleS... :D :D

JRSLEFTPEG
08-03-2014, 09:22 AM
I will be happy enough Billy with a fourth spot play off place . U can see the thought process of aiming high but it aint gonna happen now. I predict we will be at home in the first leg to Falkirk in the play offs but work to be done yet.

deek5trans
08-03-2014, 09:47 AM
All the top 3 teams are pretty average by comparison to previous years. This is why the league is so tight, all the teams are just about as good as each other.

Would like Hamilton to get promotion due to the financial aspect but think Dundee will pip it.

bluesince1969
12-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Nobody is suggesting Queens because it aint gonna happen!We`ve only managed two victories against the top 3 all season.We`ll do very well to make 4th!

Francis_begbie_HFC
13-03-2014, 02:38 PM
well until it is mathematically impossible il be backing queens for the title 9 games left and good results at dundee and and a home win against falkirk would put the cat amongst the pigeons ,as for the rest of the games we have left there all very winnable ,very hard task tho but in this league anything can happen .

jardi
13-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Would like to see Hamilton promoted, but think Dundee are the most eager.

jimmerseybranch
13-03-2014, 07:57 PM
It could be a three horse race, I do not see it as a photo finish, the Bairns from left field are my choice although my only concern is that the Queens finish 4th and into the play off place.
It is a no lose situation for the club as the play off generates more cash to invest in the future. Not gaining promotion would see the biggest turnover through the turnstiles as the attraction of the teams in the new division would be an even greater money spinner.

Cpt_Blackadder
13-03-2014, 08:44 PM
[quote="billyqos" Falkirk results between home/away results SO all we have to do is keep some consistency with all the teams beneath our 4th/PLAY OFF placing AND with others dropping points against each other plus other slip ups WE WIN!! SimpleS... :D :D[/quote]

OK Bill - I'll say Qos can win the league! I'll even say that we might have been top of the pile just now if the boss had shown some sense at the beginning of the season. You

sturie67
14-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Logic dictates that it will be Dundee simply because they want/need it more. They are an SPL club in all but current status. They have the biggest support, the biggest stadium, history and the opportunity to get back up and play their local rivals Dundee Unt, St Johnstone and Aberdeen among others. I think they will want it more (though that probably means Hamilton or Falkirk will pip them!).

Dundee know fine well how difficult it will be to get out of this division next season. Not going up is not in the equation for them. On the other hand Hamilton and Falkirk may be content being with us next season (and for Falkirk they may well get another bash at their great rivals Dunfermline if they come up via the play offs).

The added pressure may be (perhaps already is!) Dundee's downfall, but if they can hold their nerve then wanting it more may just give them the edge over Hamilton.

No chance for Queens leading the pack though like some others I do believe it could all have been ver

deek5trans
15-03-2014, 08:40 PM
^^^Disagree. Dundee belong in this division.

sturie67
16-03-2014, 12:34 AM
^^^Disagree. Dundee belong in this division.

That depends on the context of your view.

If you are talking about the quality of the current teams, I agree they are no better than the others in the promotion running. However they are the biggest team in this league with arguably the greatest tradition. They would also have a decent argument in claiming to be a bigger club or at least the equal of half of the SPL sides.

My point is that with 3 of their greatest rivals in the SPL they have perhaps greater motivation than the others to win the league this season.