PDA

View Full Version : Away Friendly Real Ale Pub for Peterborough

real_ale_fan
07-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Hi there,
I'm the landlord of The Palmerston Arms in Peterborough (10 minutea€™s walk from the ground), we serve 12 different real ales all drawn from the cask in our unique cellar, a window allows you to see your pint being pulled.
We will be open from 11am on match day with hot sausage baps available for breakfast
We only have one draught lager available (Amstel) and several bottled European lagers
As away fans you are all welcome in my pub.
Here's a link to our Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/palmerston/?bookmark_t=group which will tell you more about us.
We will be serving up hot and cold rolls pre-game, there is a traditional cafe opposite for a Full English and we are just a couple of minutesa€™ walk from a Fish and Chip shop.
To help with Sat a€“ Navs our Post Code is PE2 9PA
If arriving by train we are 20 minutesa€™ walk from the station but to be honest the best thing to do is hop into a cab (cost approx. A£4.50)
Oh and UTP

Damo10milton
08-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Many thanks - sounds excellent however the pricing policy of your club means that despite living in northampton, I will not be attending - paying @ £60 for myself and my two young sons, plus parking Etc makes it too expensive. I will not be the only one who won't be attending due to this. The away end will be 3/4 empty - so the club are loosing money, and local business like yourself will suffer too. Apologies for the rant but it annoys me that home fans can get a family ticket. I'd like to say the club explained this policy to me but they have not replied to my e-mail.

crewedaft
09-03-2014, 10:01 AM
I took my two lads and paid 58 quid for the privilege! As far as I could tell they were the only children in the away end.