PDA

View Full Version : 30 million loss

nortonwolf
07-03-2014, 02:51 PM
That's got to hurt Mr. Morgan... :O - view external link (http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/wolves-reveal-30m-loss-latest-6786000)

MichiganWolf
07-03-2014, 03:18 PM
Not surprising considering our wage bill and the league we're in. We haven't sold alot of our players, mostly sent them out on loan.

Better than QPR, who have 65 million in losses. I don't see a bright long term future for that club.

TundraWolf
07-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Hopefully we will recoup some of those losses if/when we are promoted in May. Our habit of bowing out early on in Cup runs may not mean much revenue overall but it would have helped somewhat if we had drawn some PL club matches.

wolves71
07-03-2014, 06:54 PM
A drop in television revenue and two relegations haven't helped. Players still at the club on decent contracts. Hopefully more of those high earners will leave for good at the end of season.

Laughing_Wolfie
08-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Does not bode well for the future

greystone16
08-03-2014, 12:00 PM
I don't think it will have that much impact if we get up and don't forget Morgan is investing millions into the Compton Training ground which is already one of the best in the country.Quite how he and the Board made the previous disasterous mistakes still baffles me when you consider how he pulled Redrow round. But as has been said before you become a bit mental to want run a football club and all reason goes out of the window.

MichiganWolf
08-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Does not bode well for the future

I don't think it's necessarily damning of the future. M&M have shown they can keep the club our of the red before. But until the big earners like RJ, Doyle, JOH, Ward, Doumbia, Siggy and Boukhari are off the books completely (I'm assuming we're still paying at least part of the wages of some of these players as the clubs they're loaned to aren't stupid enough to take on the full wage. Except for maybe QPR), a jump to the Prem might have to wait. Obviously, it'd be very optimistic to think a double jump could happen in two years, but if it did, I don't see how we'd be able to invest in the team much with some of the dross still weighing on the books. We can only hope that the players out impress their new clubs and they are tempted to buy them. I would be surprised if we found out that about half of that 30 million dollar loss comes directly from wasted wages.