PDA

View Full Version : if you were bowyer what side would you pick this sunday?

robinrover
07-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Now let's look at things worst case injury wise who would you pick?
For me it would be:
Gk Robinson
Rb Kane
Cb Keane
Cb Lowe
Lb spurr
Rm Conway
Cm Evans
Cm Dunn
Lm Taylor
Fw Rhodes
Fw Gestede
I really hope he won't play the same botched up mess of a defence as against Bolton maybe a nice cameo by dabo when Dunn fades about 60 mins in.

AucklandRover
07-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Now let's look at things worst case injury wise who would you pick?
For me it would be:
Gk Robinson
Rb Kane
Cb Keane
Cb Lowe
Lb spurr
Rm Conway
Cm Evans
Cm Dunn
Lm Taylor
Fw Rhodes
Fw Gestede
I really hope he won't play the same botched up mess of a defence as against Bolton maybe a nice cameo by dabo when Dunn fades about 60 mins in.

The trouble is - RR - we are kept in the dark about injuries. The vague statements on the official site always seem to suggest that no-one will know, until the last minute, who is fit. I don't believe that at all. The idea that you have to keep your injury-status quiet because of the opposition is ridiculous. Would Bolton have fielded a different team if Hanley had been playing?
I notice GB has made a comment to the effect that we have a small squad! Weird. Unbalanced - yes; small - no.

As for this week's team, I don't think GB is going to move from playing both Lowe and Williamson in midfield, a

robinrover
08-03-2014, 05:32 AM
Hi aucks thanks for the reply I was looking at the fact what if our players who were injured didn't make it who would you pick.
Your line up is fairly obvious but if Hanley or kilgallon fail to make it just who would fill the slot I think Lowe is the best of a bad bunch.
Good news on Payne might be one to use in that role in the future as Williamson has about one more season in him(if it were me I would ask him to stop now)
On the whole we are all hopeful that we can have 2 fit centre backs and I would be delighted to have cairney back however things are not looking good.

ROVERREDROSE
08-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Head scratcher without actually knowing who is and isn't in contention and probably still would be if I did due to the tinkering. Id be very tempted to include young Blackburn supporter Connor Mahoney at least on bench.

AucklandRover
08-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Excluding Marshall, who is a long-term casualty, the team I would like is:

Robinson
Henley Hanley Kilgallon Spurr
Conway Cairney Evans Dunn Taylor
Gestede

I have always preferrred 4-4-2, but I would be a bit more conservative for a match of this type.
Given the state of ignorance we are kept in with regards to injuries, however, who knows how many of these eleven are fully fit.
The signing of Feeney is a puzzler. How many more left-sided midfielders/wingers do we need?

yorkyclaret
09-03-2014, 12:51 AM
I'd pick the reserves, no point having the first team disheartened for the rest of the season.

AucklandRover
09-03-2014, 02:43 AM
I'd pick the reserves, no point having the first team disheartened for the rest of the season.

OK then:
Eastwood
Kane Keane O'Connell Olsson
Mahoney Lowe Dabo Williamson King
Rhodes