PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea vs Spurs

meatismurder
08-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Early team news.

"Younes Kaboul and Kyle Walker are back in the frame for tomorrow's huge clash against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
Tim Sherwood reported that both players are 'in contention' to face the Premier League leaders in the 5.30pm kick-off.
Younes has been sidelined with a calf injury since returning to action in our 4-0 win at Newcastle on Fenruary 12 while a groin injury has forced Kyle out of our last four matches.
However, Christian Eriksen is a doubt with the back injury that forced him out of last weekend's win against Cardiff and Denmark's friendly against England at Wembley on Wednesday night.
"Christian is doubtful, hea€™s still not shaken off the back injury," reported Tim on Friday. "Ita€™s a minor injury but still irritating him and this game might come too early."
Danny Rose (knee) remains out alongside Erik Lamela (back), Vlad Chiriches (back) and Etienne Capoue (ankle).
"Wea€™ve had good news on Danny so wea€™re hoping he'll be on the mend soon, wea€™ll get hi

danegee
08-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Eto went down in the opening minutes when lloris never touched him, and made out he was injured. Luckily he was ofside or Lloris would have been off.
Then for the second time this season, we are down to 10 men from cheating.
The culprit: serial diver et'o.

Wtf is happening to the game?
Jose is supposed to be down on diving, yet it's all rhetoric as he condones it to his sycophantic journo mates, but obviously he privately encourages his players to cheat.
Anyone could see he fell over and it wasn't a foul.

meatismurder
08-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Plain and simple, cheating! >:(

COYS

meatismurder
08-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Well we will never know the game would have gone if it had stayed 11 vs 11.

Kaboul now misses the Goons game

COYS

robbohssc
08-03-2014, 07:30 PM
plain and simple beaten again...embarassed

connelljj
08-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Well we will never know the game would have gone if it had stayed 11 vs 11.

Kaboul now misses the Goons game

COYSsame tune you were playing after city beat you,eto was not offside and he did get a push.did you not get 2 soft peno against hull and palace.chelsea were piss poor today but spurs were worse.

DEVONSPUR
08-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Plain and simple, cheating! >:(

COYS

Up until Jan falling over we were the better side.

Then Eto cheated.

Then the ref showed a red card>

Game over and the last 2 goals were irrelevant.

Jose then showed what a classless scumbag he really is by leaving before the end.

Still we have the Europa on Thurs and Kabboul's red card will probably be rescinded.

Remember Spurs fans that as bad as things are, and they are bad, it could be worse!

For instance we could have BFS as manager and watch hoofball every week!!

connelljj
08-03-2014, 08:06 PM
I find it kind of ironic that Spurs fans are moaning about penalty decisions, considering Bale won them about 10 last season.XD XD XD

mickyj
08-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Truth of the matter is boys is that you are scraping past the likes of Swansea, Cardiff and Palace (all struggling teams) and when you play the likes of the teams you are supposed to be challenging for champions league places with I.e Man city, Liverpool, Chelsea , you simply can't live with them as your results against them prove..You have gone backwards whilst teams like Liverpool have improved and you are now light years away from a top 4 place.

meatismurder
08-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Sherwood rightly ripped in to them.

After giving up against Liverpool, man City & now Chelsea some of the players really need to take a good look at themselves.

The lack of leadership worrying me, Daws is "too nice", needs to point a few fingers and motivate the team.

COYS

EngNor
10-03-2014, 07:15 AM
Sherwood rightly ripped in to them.

After giving up against Liverpool, man City & now Chelsea some of the players really need to take a good look at themselves.

The lack of leadership worrying me, Daws is "too nice", needs to point a few fingers and motivate the team.

COYS

Tim knows he is going in the summer, Levy knows Tim is going, we know Tim is going and, so do the players, they might be thinking, kucf it, I`m off as well so they don`t give a ****. Worrying period! COYS!

cliffyboy
10-03-2014, 11:42 PM
As I was away, I haven't seen the whole game, though how anyone can make sense of Kaboul's sending off when Adam escaped punishment for his thuggery on Paulinho, only the idiots at the F.A. can say.

But although it is bad to read of players apparently lacking motivation, I just see that aspect of the game needing to be addressed by the management of the team. Sherwood is living in dreamland if he thinks he's in with a shout of being made the permanent manager, and not just because of defeats such as Saturday's. The Norwich defeat was far worst, in my view, and the West Ham Cup one wasn't that much better.

Surely Spurs fans can't be the only ones who know that Dawson is past his best, let alone not being able to marshal his troops as a captain, so to speak?

Dembele, Sandro, Vertonghen, and Lloris, for example, would make much better captains, and it is high time hard decisions were made, instead of this constant muddling by. I personally still rate the core of the players we have a

DEVONSPUR
11-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Truth of the matter is boys is that you are scraping past the likes of Swansea, Cardiff and Palace (all struggling teams) and when you play the likes of the teams you are supposed to be challenging for champions league places with I.e Man city, Liverpool, Chelsea , you simply can't live with them as your results against them prove..You have gone backwards whilst teams like Liverpool have improved and you are now light years away from a top 4 place.

Like Everton you mean!

Micky we,re poor at the mo but still light years ahead of you!

;D

DEVONSPUR
11-03-2014, 04:56 PM
[quote="cliffyboy"]As I was away, I haven't seen the whole game, though how anyone can make sense of Kaboul's sending off when Adam escaped punishment for his thuggery on Paulinho, only the idiots at the F.A. can say.

But although it is bad to read of players apparently lacking motivation, I just see that aspect of the game needing to be addressed by the management of the team. Sherwood is living in dreamland if he thinks he's in with a shout of being made the permanent manager, and not just because of defeats such as Saturday's. The Norwich defeat was far worst, in my view, and the West Ham Cup one wasn't that much better.

Surely Spurs fans can't be the only ones who know that Dawson is past his best, let alone not being able to marshal his troops as a captain, so to speak?

Dembele, Sandro, Vertonghen, and Lloris, for example, would make much better captains, and it is high time hard decisions were made, instead of this constant muddling by. I personal

connelljj
11-03-2014, 07:22 PM
The last player to score a winning goal for Tottenham at Stamford Bridge was Gary Lineker in February 1990.

but for 1st 55 mins we more than held our own against the league leaders XD XD XD two shots on target in the whole game XD wake up and watch a good team like arsenal tonight.XD XD XD

cliffyboy
12-03-2014, 07:21 AM
[quote="DEVONSPUR"]As I was away, I haven't seen the whole game, though how anyone can make sense of Kaboul's sending off when Adam escaped punishment for his thuggery on Paulinho, only the idiots at the F.A. can say.

Dembele, Sandro, Vertonghen, and Lloris, for example, would make much better captains, and it is high time hard decisions were made, i

Hammerman69
12-03-2014, 10:09 AM
My personal opinion is that you were absolutely unfairly penalised. Don't think it would have changed the game to be fair but it was never a red card.

I have to say I don't have a problem with City but Chelsea are the biggest hypocrites in the league. They complain that we don't play good football yet they were **** against you guys and very dull. Really you gave them 3 goals but other than that I thought it would be 0-0 all day. They did nothing themselves to win the game really.

I also like Tim Sherwood. I am not judging his tactics/formations etc as you will all know your best team but I like his honesty...at least he says it as it is...he also looks like he cares and doesn't immediately offer some kind of bull**** excuse like Mourinho. I'm sure the players are not happy with him having a go at them through the media but sometimes these PL players need a kick up the arse and Sherwood talks more like cloughie than a modern PL manager...good for him. I don't think Levy will keep him

cliffyboy
12-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Thanks for offering a reasoned response to our team's predicament. It does make a welcome change to the garbage so often emanating from you know who.

I can't agree about Sherwood, though, and don't think he's anywhere near Clough. If I'm quoting correctly, he apparently said something about meriting a longer/permanent contract when first appointed, which, given his experience to date, was indiscreet to say the least. What, and then get knocked out of the League Cup by your team at home, as well as copping a walloping by City?

I'd want the ground to be swallowing me up.

His public criticism of the team's performance following our Chelsea result, beggars belief, given he picked them.

And now he's also apparently said in relation to his position that the board's silence is deafening. Well, he said it.

I'd offer him some advice - button your mouth and start getting your team to doing some real talking for you on the pitch.

I still reckon the Norwich game was his real test and me

danegee
12-03-2014, 06:26 PM
I find it kind of ironic that Spurs fans are moaning about penalty decisions, considering Bale won them about 10 last season.XD XD XD

Please tell me how many penalties Bale got then?
So, making stuff up now to suit your jealous, bitter, resentful and envious hatred?
Bale was booked a few times wrongly instead of getting them though.

Fact 1:You're a c-unt as we never were awarded a penalty all of last season, and Bale won 0 of those 0.

2. Eto was not in a position to score, so no goal scoring opportunity.
3. He dived in his first attempt to get a penalty and dismissal when he wasn't offside -which he no doubt would have got not for a mistaken flag.
lloris never touched him ( or his ankle that he so badly pretended was hurt by banging the floor and then moodily hobbling off to sprint back on again) ..fact..watch it... a
4. He ran in front of kaboul going towards the ball and fell over...on purpose... to gain a penalty and dis

danegee
12-03-2014, 07:35 PM
[quote="Hammerman69"]My personal opinion is that you were absolutely unfairly penalised. Don't think it would have changed the game to be fair but it was never a red card.

I have to say I don't have a problem with City but Chelsea are the biggest hypocrites in the league. They complain that we don't play good football yet they were **** against you guys and very dull. Really you gave them 3 goals but other than that I thought it would be 0-0 all day. They did nothing themselves to win the game really.

I also like Tim Sherwood. I am not judging his tactics/formations etc as you will all know your best team but I like his honesty...at least he says it as it is...he also looks like he cares and doesn't immediately offer some kind of bull**** excuse like Mourinho. I'm sure the players are not happy with him having a go at them through the media but sometimes these PL players need a kick up the arse and Sherwood talks more like cloughie than a modern PL manager

danegee
12-03-2014, 07:52 PM
The last player to score a winning goal for Tottenham at Stamford Bridge was Gary Lineker in February 1990.

but for 1st 55 mins we more than held our own against the league leaders XD XD XD two shots on target in the whole game XD wake up and watch a good team like arsenal tonight.XD XD XD

We held our own, against the league leaders, for 55mins and 12 secs :O
It was the 4th time they have beaten us in the EPL in 13 matches.
We have won 2 of those and drawn the rest.

However, you have lost 9 of you last 13, won 1 and drawn the rest against Chelsea in the EPL.

cliffyboy
13-03-2014, 08:12 AM

Like Everton you mean!

Micky we,re poor at the mo but still light years ahead of you!

;D[/quote]

Hello, Devonspur.

The thing is that even with MickyJ's more reasoned approach, he is still not telling us anything we don't already know. Many of us have commented on the many poor wins we have achieved against teams we should be giving a hiding to, and as if we need it pointed out that we also are not giving the four teams above us any real te

Hammerman69
14-03-2014, 07:09 PM
[quote="cliffyboy"]Thanks for offering a reasoned response to our team's predicament. It does make a welcome change to the garbage so often emanating from you know who.

I can't agree about Sherwood, though, and don't think he's anywhere near Clough. If I'm quoting correctly, he apparently said something about meriting a longer/permanent contract when first appointed, which, given his experience to date, was indiscreet to say the least. What, and then get knocked out of the League Cup by your team at home, as well as copping a walloping by City?

I'd want the ground to be swallowing me up.

His public criticism of the team's performance following our Chelsea result, beggars belief, given he picked them.

And now he's also apparently said in relation to his position that the board's silence is deafening. Well, he said it.

I'd offer him some advice - button your mouth and start getting your team to doing some real talking for you on the pitch.

I still r

DEVONSPUR
14-03-2014, 09:38 PM
[quote="cliffyboy"]As I was away, I haven't seen the whole game, though how anyone can make sense of Kaboul's sending off when Adam escaped punishment for his thuggery on Paulinho, only the idiots at the F.A. can say.

Dembele, Sandro, Vertonghen, and Lloris, for example, would make much better captains,